Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: We Cannot Authenticate Your Phone?

Feedback Score
    Is that something that works on Alltel? I've never heard of that service code before... I would dial it but I'm afraid it might connect me to data tech support and I REALLY don't want to be the one calling at 1:15 AM.

I found this via Google though:

2539** - Change authentication key. Be VERY careful!

^works on my LG enV2.. looks like it's an LG code. If I change my AKEY in my phone, doesn't *228 option 1 program the right one back in anyway?

@Butthead: You need to go back to data tech support. I think that's way more fun than marketing.. of all departments.

EDIT: Okay so I took a chance and dialed #2539 and it works, but it said "Please stay on the line while a technical support representative performs an authentication update..." I hung up before anything happened because I didn't feel like talking to anyone this early in the morning.

Device(s)
    LG AX4270
    Carrier(s)
    ALLTEL Divested (SID 114, NID 7) & Also Force Roam On Verizon (SID 139, NID 103)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ParthG
    Is that something that works on Alltel? I've never heard of that service code before... I would dial it but I'm afraid it might connect me to data tech support and I REALLY don't want to be the one calling at 1:15 AM.

I found this via Google though:

2539** - Change authentication key. Be VERY careful!

^works on my LG enV2.. looks like it's an LG code. If I change my AKEY in my phone, doesn't *228 option 1 program the right one back in anyway?

@Butthead: You need to go back to data tech support. I think that's way more fun than marketing.. of all departments.

EDIT: Okay so I took a chance and dialed #2539 and it works, but it said "Please stay on the line while a technical support representative performs an authentication update..." I hung up before anything happened because I didn't feel like talking to anyone this early in the morning.

No that code won't work on Alltel, but Alltel does have a toll-free number
    dedicated to fixing authentication issues. 1-888-295-3569

I also had authentication problems happen to me like once a month last year,
    but they finally stopped a few months ago.

I guess they started because I was roaming alot more than usual on Verizon,
    and I received the number from an Alltel CS rep.
    But they said it's common when the phone's MIN & MDN are not recognized by the roaming carrier,
    and they have to put it back in sync with the roaming system.

It's an automatic security feature used to prevent phone cloning (ESN)
    and someone racking up roaming usage on the system.
    Last edited by KyleMelissa22; 07-11-2009 at 01:07 AM.
    CDMA....Coming soon to a tower near you!
    Alltel user since September 5, 2006 - I'm proud to still be with them !!!

Feedback Score
    Oh, I'm on Verizon so it doesn't make much of a difference whether or not its valid or how it works on Alltel. I thought you were suggesting I use an Alltel code (noticed that you were using Alltel) on Verizon since they are one company now.. sort of.

Device(s)
    LG AX4270
    Carrier(s)
    ALLTEL Divested (SID 114, NID 7) & Also Force Roam On Verizon (SID 139, NID 103)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ParthG
    Oh, I'm on Verizon so it doesn't make much of a difference whether or not its valid or how it works on Alltel. I thought you were suggesting I use an Alltel code (noticed that you were using Alltel) on Verizon since they are one company now.. sort of.

Well I thought at first when I started having the problem last year that it was a Verizon problem,
    but then I noticed that Sprint also wasn't authenticating my phone when roaming on them either,
    so my problem was with Alltel - as I was prevented from roaming at all
    (it even happened once when I was in NJ visiting family).

But I did a search on Google as well and found that Verizon code at that time #2539,
    wish it was that easy on Alltel

Device(s)
    VZW Customer Council Member
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthead007
    for an authentication failure, shared secret data (SSD) needs to be updated between the phone and the network. Changing esns back and forth is a cure for a DMU key reset which would prevent you from accessing data services.

What do I know. I spent a few years in tier 3 data tech support....sigh.
    Not sure why you say no one is believing you... no one is disputing what you are saying and the thread is in universal agreement that if quick-fix tries don't work then VZW tech support will quickly solve the problem. I'm sure everyone appreciates input from current/former VZW employees.

Feedback Score

can't Auth tell them this easy way

If when you try to call out it gives you the not able to authenticate error just dial *611 and have the rep generate a-key while it's still ringing. The easiest way to do that is to say do the a-key 1 second after I press send, keep in mind you will have to get tech to do that as care can't (stupid I know). to get past care just sound like you know what you are doing and say I know I just need a a-key.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ParthG View Post
    Verizon should have more service related options in its phone's firmware, like Sprint does. I mean I've handled Sprint phones that have in-menu options such as Update PRL, Update Service Profiles, and Update Network Settings. I'm pretty sure one of the latter two fixes any SSD problems and other things like that. Why is Verizon so behind in implementing features like these?
    We do over the air, but Sprint has this problem too when roaming on VZW, they have to update HDR or something of that sort and updating service profiles don't really do that. Update data profile I think Verizon's can program automatically if needed.

We do have service related options that pretty much do the same thing without having to do that through the phone menu. *228 and *22899 pretty much do that by resetting the data setting's over the air.

Feedback Score
    Haha this thread is more than a year old :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2