Thread: Samsung make phones in Korea or CHina?

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Feedback Score

Samsung make phones in Korea or CHina?

Hey folks.

Anyone know do Samsung and LG make and distribute factory and wholesale prices their phones in Korea or China?

Thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung S7350
    Feedback Score
    In China, no. The closest thing to wholesale prices you will find would most likely be in Hong Kong and not mainland China. I feel your pain, I'm located 15 minutes away from Nokia's factory in China and every time I pass by it I wish they had some kind of "Factory Direct" store which sold handsets at lower prices before it hits the distribution channels.

FYI all of Samsung's higher end models are still all made in Korea while the lower end models (like those for developing countries) are made in China.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Feedback Score
    Good news for higher end handsets.
    Happen to know the store prices in Korea?

Device(s)
    Samsung S7350
    Feedback Score
    I don't know store prices in Korea. However, most of the Samsung handsets sold in Korea are actually designed and produced just for the domestic market and never see the light of day abroad in international markets (similar to Japanese mobile phones).

Again, if you're looking for wholesale / grey market, go to Hong Kong. Most online mobile phone resellers get their handsets from Hong Kong.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Waiguoren
    I don't know store prices in Korea. However, most of the Samsung handsets sold in Korea are actually designed and produced just for the domestic market and never see the light of day abroad in international markets (similar to Japanese mobile phones).

Again, if you're looking for wholesale / grey market, go to Hong Kong. Most online mobile phone resellers get their handsets from Hong Kong.
    Shame I hope to move to South Korea.Bit expensive travelling to HK to buy and sell

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Waiguoren

How about Hong Kong prices? Do you know for example prices for 10 o 100 phones bought?
    P.S Please explain grey market?
    Last edited by smoochysquirrel; 07-06-2009 at 11:56 AM.