Thread: LG Env Touch customization?

Device(s)
    LG ENV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

LG Env Touch customization?

I just got my Touch a week ago and love it. I would like however to get some good customization on it. Better wallpapers, ringtones, sounds etc. Does anyone have any recommendations on this. I saw where someone was working on a iphone looking customization, but I don't really want ther iphone look. Been there and done that. Any opinions would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I think there's a theme type of customization thread going on in the VZW LG enV Touch sub-forum that should probably be of some help.

Device(s)
    LG ENV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, I'll check it out!
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4][COLOR=Green]Necessity was the mother of invention!

Device(s)
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With the touch, you can place an mp3 in the "my_sounds" folder on your sd card or in the sounds on the phone itself, and then set them as ringtones. Also, you can put pictures on your phone view sd card and use them as wallpaper.

My Feedback

Free eBook, worth a read.

Device(s)
    LG enV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Steve, this is not working for me on the LG enV Touch. I've put a mp3 on the card and on the phone under "My Sounds". I set as ringtone but when I go to assign that ringtone to a person, it's not in the list of ringtones. What could I be doing wrong?
    Thanks,
    Monica

Feedback Score
    You have to text message the sound to yourself so you can save it as a ringtone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monicakm
    Steve, this is not working for me on the LG enV Touch. I've put a mp3 on the card and on the phone under "My Sounds". I set as ringtone but when I go to assign that ringtone to a person, it's not in the list of ringtones. What could I be doing wrong?
    Thanks,
    Monica
    Maybe move it to the phone memory? I'm not really sure. DItched my touch a few days ago.. nice device .. but not for me.

Device(s)
    LG enV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, yes, so far texting the ringtone to myself is the only way I've found for this to work. I just posted a thread asking if there was any other way. Seems strange you can't just simply save it to your "My sounds" and assign it as a ringtone.
    Monica

Device(s)
    droid x
    Carrier(s)
    PPC
    Feedback Score
    after d/l' to your card or phone look for your ringtone in the 'music and tones' function and from there you can assign tones and such to just about anything

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    How do you text ringtones toyour phone??

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    send them as an email or an mms to: <your10digitnumber>@vzwpix.com

Feedback Score
    if the ringtone is in my sounds, click on the one you want to set at ringtone. you will get an options menu. choose "set as" and then choose ringtone, contact id or alert sounds.

Device(s)
    LG VX11000 (enV Touch)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I haven't tested it yet with my new env but my old LG vx8600 I recall that you needed to do some kind of explicit ringtone xfer that processed the mp3 to make it into a functional ringtone. I seem to recall BitPim was a part of this process. Simply xferring the mp3s or placing them on the phone wasn't sufficient. I presume the text msging process does this explicitly, as does the "download" (i.e., pay) ringtone process.

Verizon doesn't make this easy because they want to make money off you, and d/ling your own directly has no place for them to get a cut. P

Device(s)
    LG enV2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you want to set a sound to a Contact ID, start from the sounds then set as CONTACT ID, then select the contact... If you start from the contact list, it will only give you the ringtones to choose from.
    More Tacos!

Device(s)
    LG VX11000 (enV Touch)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    OK, this thread is now utterly useless.

A) I had all my sounds working as ringtones on my VZW eT.

B) Screen went bad, they gave me a replacement, supposedly xferred everything, but .... not quite.

C) Now all the sounds are there, but they aren't recognized as settable ringtones, and no: "set as ringtone" looks like it does something but in fact does jack sh**. No explanation as to why this doesn't work.

>:-/

I've also posted dozens of time in the forums but not lately, and apparently they decided to purge all threads of old data, since there's now no sign of several threads I know I posted in covering this issue. Despite being down as responsible for 24 posts, there's only 2 remaining.