Thread: Help with Motorola I776 Ringtones

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Help with Motorola I776 Ringtones

Bought a data transfer cable today and been doing fine loading apps and wallpapers with ***** 3.0, but when I load ringtones on my phone instead of showing up in tones and being able to select it as a tone it shows up in the audio section anybody know how to get it selectable as a ringtone?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think your tones might be in the wrong format. Download dbpoweramp and convert your tones to these specifications:

8khz, 32kbps, mono for mp3 tones.
    8khz, 8kbps, mono for wav tones.
    Or, type 0 format for midi tones.

I have confirmed on my own i776 that mp3 tones work at 48kbps, but if that doesn't work for you just re-do the tone at 32kbps. Dbpoweramp is a pretty simple program to use. After you install it, all you have to do is right click the ringtone file and select 'convert to' and you can change the settings from there. Be sure that encoding is set to constant bitrate.

I hope this helps. Post back and let me know how it goes.

Device(s)
    Motorola i776
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

i776 ringtone download

I've got the same problem as acid16, except when I try to sync with my computer, VISTA says it has set up the drivers, but it does not bring up my phone...I was under the impression that no specifc software was necessary to sync...am I missing something?