Thread: Need a VZ Phone that has large keys

Feedback Score

Need a VZ Phone that has large keys

Hi all,

My dad is looking for a new phone as he cracked the display on his old phone. I was looking for some ideas regarding potential phones. Requirements are as follows:

1) Good voice quality (loud helps too)
    2) Large(r) Screen
    3) Larger number keys
    4) Durability (his phones live in his pocket)
    5) A UI that doesn’t suck.
    6) Cheap

My father doesn’t txt more than 10 times a year. No need for data, games or what not.

I appreciate your input as my thoughts went to touch screen phones but my father keenly dislikes these.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Check out the Moto VU204: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=4206

My friend has it and it is a nice solid phone with big buttons. I don't know how loud it is but it's decent.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The LG VX8360 has good sized keys. I've had it for a couple days, and I enjoy it.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    LG chocolate has large buttons and a huge and bright screen. Sounds great. My grandmother uses it.

Feedback Score
    Great ideas. Thanks again. Does anyone have another phone to add to my list for my dad.

Feedback Score
    W755, nice big white numbers on a black background.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Not sure how old your father is, but the Samsung Knack was designed for senior citizens...

Device(s)
    Samsung SCHu350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Unless you have a specific need for one of its few features, the Knack is pretty pathetic. My mother just got one because of an eye condition that makes high contrast very, very important. For her it makes sense. The keypad does have large white letters on a black background. They light up white too, instead of the more typical blue/green/violet. The larger font size is bigger than it is on other phones with adjustable font size. And it offers a relatively black & white color scheme. The keypad feel on the other hand is awful. I think it was supposed to be an ergonomic design but it fails miserably and dialing by feel is extremely difficult even for me. It has NO data capability at all so you can't even use Backup Assistant, and while it can txt (??), it can't do MMS either. And has no camera. I didn't test the speaker phone. It does come with a charging cradle that'll avoid bent pins. Personally, I think the separate "911" is a terrible idea but what do I know? Just that you need to avoid it 99.9999% of the time, and frankly, if a person can't dial "911" by themselves, they probably need home care assistance, not a cell phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung SCHu350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Oops, I forgot the word "key", as in, the phone has a dedicated key for "911".

Device(s)
    Samsung Rogue
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vx5500 pretty simple phone
    Computer

Cell Phone w/USB

Boulder Ringtones

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (now)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Motorola W755 or LG VX-8360
    A phone is only fun when you can modify it anyway you please.

The Verizon UI....unhackable? I think not

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I actually started a similar thread recently as I'm also searching for a new phone for my Father. http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1537357

I was weighing heavily towards the MOTO Adventure because the numeric keys are not bunched together so I thought it would be the perfect phone. However the darn PTT button seems to be a major annoyance because apparently it's very easy to accidentally press it. I know that will drive my Father crazy.