Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Umm so is it normal for Apple to ship phones from China?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smoochysquirrel
    Many factories sell factory direct.

Factory>wholesaler>retailer>public

Apple then just try to be mini Illuminati of this planet.

So why list a factory address then if we cannot buy from there?
    Unfortunately it isn't quite that simple, you have been watching too many commercials. Have you actually run a real business or know how wholesale/retail distribution actually works??

Apple is not stupid and would never allow it's factories to sell their products directly to consumers. Apple has never allowed their products to be sold by anybody who wasn't licensed to sell their products (we are not talking about online auctions). I have had Apple products since 1976 and their marketing/sales strategy has remained the same. You can only purchase Apple products through licensed sales channels and nowhere else. Apple has pulled licensing agreements from retailers for not following the rules. That is why an iPhone or an iPod is the same price at all sales channels.
    Last edited by veriztd; 06-27-2009 at 09:00 PM.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd
    Unfortunately it isn't quite that simple, you have been watching too many commercials. Have you actually run a real business or know how wholesale/retail distribution actually works??

Apple is not stupid and would never allow it's factories to sell their products directly to consumers. Apple has never allowed their products to be sold by anybody who wasn't licensed to sell their products (we are not talking about online auctions). I have had Apple products since 1976 and their marketing/sales strategy has remained the same. You can only purchase Apple products through licensed sales channels and nowhere else. Apple has pulled licensing agreements from retailers for not following the rules. That is why an iPhone or an iPod is the same price at all sales channels.
    Where is the cheapest official place to buy then?
    Some people know as I read in forums they get them cheap and they are not fakes.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Where is the cheapest official place to buy then?
    Some people know as I read in forums they get them cheap and they are not fakes.
    Currently the price of the iPhone is determined by your upgrade eligibility, as I stated the device is the same price at Apple, At&t, Best Buy, Walmart. Some people are eligible for the $199 price for the 16 Gb model because they are new customers or have fulfilled enough of their contract obligation (22 months into a 24 month contract for example), others can purchase the device @ $399 because they are eligible for the early upgrade pricing (14 months into a 24 month contract for example) and finally there are others who would pay $599 because they are not eligible for any discount pricing (3 months into a 24 month contract for example). If you still don't fully understand, try reading the sticky near the top of this forum about upgrade eligibility.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd
    Currently the price of the iPhone is determined by your upgrade eligibility, as I stated the device is the same price at Apple, At&t, Best Buy, Walmart. Some people are eligible for the $199 price for the 16 Gb model because they are new customers or have fulfilled enough of their contract obligation (22 months into a 24 month contract for example), others can purchase the device @ $399 because they are eligible for the early upgrade pricing (14 months into a 24 month contract for example) and finally there are others who would pay $599 because they are not eligible for any discount pricing (3 months into a 24 month contract for example). If you still don't fully understand, try reading the sticky near the top of this forum about upgrade eligibility.
    Ok mate you explained a lot
    Thanks
    I guess you have to buy them in bulk for big discount to make $200 profit and probably add apps to them also
    Thing is people dont like contracts and look for unlocked Iphones and also jailbroken too for maximizing app use

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ok mate you explained a lot
    Thanks
    I guess you have to buy them in bulk for big discount to make $200 profit and probably add apps to them also
    Thing is people dont like contracts and look for unlocked Iphones and also jailbroken too for maximizing app use
    It's all good, just wanted to offer an explanation of pricing differences.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Straight from the sweat shop

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 360Iphone3gs
    Straight from the sweat shop
    WTF?
    WTF?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n3985
    I'm not going to argue the point lol, I was a finance major not ops.

As a finance major, (I was accounting), I'm assuming you had to take cost accounting (but I believe JIT and Lean are covered in advanced cost)...you should know the difference.

Actually, to be fair, unless you know EXACTLY what apple is doing inside the factory, you have no way of knowing whether it is JIT or lean. We don't know if they have excess or if they are making them to match orders with materials and inventory at a constant level just to meet demand.

You'd have to have more information to know exactly how they're running the process, so to be fair, no one is really right as we have no way of knowing.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Feedback Score
    Knowing the Chinese a lot would sell their mother for money I am sure they would sell direct 100 -500 per month

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3