Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: might switch to Sprint, how is customer serv & which phone?

Device(s)
    Palm 755p - My bastion of hope
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by area123
    Want to try a carrier with a better selection of phones. My 3 lines are now out of contract w/ USCC.

I am not familiar with Sprint whatsoever so wanted to get input on their customer service, etc. We get a 20% service discount and any phones we want for free with our companies discount. So I could get their 1500 everything data plan for 3 lines for about $120 which is what i pay now for just voice and texting. It does cost $36 to activate and I'll have the 30 day trial period. In general how is their customer service? I normally only call uscc when we accidentally go over on mintues or roaming and USCC is very easy to deal with and usually work it out for $10 or $15 by back dating the plan, rather than $700 for accidentally using 1200 roaming minutes, ha ha..

Also, what is the best phone currently? I would like at least 1 iphone like device and another simple long battery life device and maybe the third one would be a pda device. For the trial period I'd may try the new palm Pre as it seems iphone like and has PDA functionality. Any input here?

thanks for any ideas..
    Don't buy a rant, they have notorious unlocking problems (glitching/not unlocking) and I'm on my second going in on friday to get my third because it shuts off when I open it, I've only had it for two months...
    Need a sprint referral number? PM me!

SATISFACTORY

Feedback Score
    i'd suggest you stay away from the treo pro, esp if you want battery life. i suggest you take a long look at the black berry curve. it has good battery life and there's little that it cannot do. as far as sprint cs goes, i've had no problems. i have had cingular and their data is awful and overpriced, sprint is the best deal going for data and a great price too. my daughter has a lotus and is pretty happy with that too. i'm not fond of the centro, another example of palm battery life being inadequate and a too small querty kb. i like the look of the palm pre, but battery life is still a concern for some ppl and i think the querty keyboard is a bit small for my liking, but functional. HTC touch pro seems to be a really good phone, but i'd check on battery life, since it's a window's mobile device.

Feedback Score
    So I've been using my pre for about a day and a half. It really is a cool phone. But I've never used anything more than a motorola krzr on uscc so anything would be cool. I've got some pretty major complaints and some minor issues.

complaints:
    -battery life is terrible, I can use it about 2 hours heavily before it needs plugged in.
    -I can't text on the tiny keyboard and cant figure out how to turn on a virtual keyboard for texting, if there even one.
    -cant figure out how to resend the same message or forward messages, could be my own ignorance.
    -cant figure out if it has a video camera, should be obvious if it has one and if not that is a bummer.

compliments
    -very cool, slick interface, fairly easy to use and intuitive except for the things I mentioned above
    -nice camera
    -love the music and video

I'm sure I will get better at using it. I may try out the htc touch pro for the next phone, looks to have a better keyboard and better battery life.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    see my quotes in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by area123
    So I've been using my pre for about a day and a half. It really is a cool phone. But I've never used anything more than a motorola krzr on uscc so anything would be cool. I've got some pretty major complaints and some minor issues.

complaints:
    -battery life is terrible, I can use it about 2 hours heavily before it needs plugged in.
    -I can't text on the tiny keyboard and cant figure out how to turn on a virtual keyboard for texting, if there even one. doesn't have a virtual keyboard
    -cant figure out how to resend the same message or forward messages, could be my own ignorance. can forward texts with the 1.03 update
    -cant figure out if it has a video camera, should be obvious if it has one and if not that is a bummer. no video camera (yet) (allegedly)

compliments
    -very cool, slick interface, fairly easy to use and intuitive except for the things I mentioned above
    -nice camera
    -love the music and video

I'm sure I will get better at using it. I may try out the htc touch pro for the next phone, looks to have a better keyboard and better battery life.
    Call Me Bubbles Dahhhlin... Everyone Does! ||

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2