Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Telus to launch the HSPA IPHONE

Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane
    Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 8330: BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

The "wm code" is really the "everything but blackberry" code. Blackberry's need different provisioning to connect up with the RIM servers which is why they need different codes. The Windows Mobile version of the plan could theoretically work with the iPhone. The only thing we need to be concerned about is whether they will allow us to migrate our $15 plans over to HSPA. And yes you are correct that you wouldn't be able to go from BB to iPhone.
    ah thank you for the clarification. i thought wm was specifically wm

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 8330: BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

Quote Originally Posted by E-POTS

The "wm code" is really the "everything but blackberry" code. Blackberry's need different provisioning to connect up with the RIM servers which is why they need different codes. The Windows Mobile version of the plan could theoretically work with the iPhone. The only thing we need to be concerned about is whether they will allow us to migrate our $15 plans over to HSPA. And yes you are correct that you wouldn't be able to go from BB to iPhone.
    on HSPA side of things, the BB code gives you access to all phones where the smartphone code gives you access to everything but BB. Just look at rogers, att, and other carriers. thats why everyone has the BB version just incase they want a BB down the road.
    You sure? I remember when the $30/6gb plan first came out everyone in the Rogers forums was saying to get the BB version of the plan even if you didn't have a BB. The reason was just what you said, so you could use it if you ever switched to a BB at a later date. I thought I remember reading that this work-around doesn't actually work and that you need the correct plan? I think you can use the non-BB plan on a BB, but you won't have any access to BIS which defeats the purpose IMO. But who knows if my information is accurate. I don't spend a lot of time in the Rogers forums so things could have changed or I could have misunderstood.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

You sure? I remember when the $30/6gb plan first came out everyone in the Rogers forums was saying to get the BB version of the plan even if you didn't have a BB. The reason was just what you said, so you could use it if you ever switched to a BB at a later date. I thought I remember reading that this work-around doesn't actually work and that you need the correct plan? I think you can use the non-BB plan on a BB, but you won't have any access to BIS which defeats the purpose IMO. But who knows if my information is accurate. I don't spend a lot of time in the Rogers forums so things could have changed or I could have misunderstood.
    yup i'm sure, BB plan gives to access to BIS if you use a BB and internet for everyone else. there's an addon code for the people that don't have the BB version that allows them to use BIS when the sim is in a BB.

so, there's the BIS plan thats good for all and the non-BIS plan plus the BIS addon which is good for all.

i'm sure the same could have been done with cdma, but why make things easier!? lol
    - BYOD $60 10GB -

Device(s)
    Treo $15 U/L EV-DO, Rogers Bold from work
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility = LiMit obTUSEly
    Feedback Score
    This thread is absolutely false and completely baseless.

If TELUS ever gets the iPhone, (and I believe they will eventually,) the info will not be trickled down through the whole company to low-level suit monkeys who then leak it to ex-employees from some warehousing division 4 months before launch. No no no.

TELUS does not announce news about Apple products. TELUS "executives" do not leak info about upcoming Apple strategic moves.

On Macrumors this would not even make page 2.

This has all the hallmarks of a classic "Hello World"fake Apple rumour: "I know a well-placed 'executive' in xyz company that says that the next iPhone has a front-facing camera and 4G!" No, nope, not at all.

Other companies leak info like this all the time. But not Apple. If you come out with fake Apple news, Riley, you're treading on dangerous ground.

This fall you're going to eat this thread with barbecue sauce on it.

PS Not that I think Riley's lying. He's probably just been the victim of an optimistic rumour.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, formerly Bell Mobility (4 years), formerly Telus Mobility (Since '98, ended 2010) - 13 years
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by w4lker
    This thread is absolutely false and completely baseless.

If TELUS ever gets the iPhone, (and I believe they will eventually,) the info will not be trickled down through the whole company to low-level suit monkeys who then leak it to ex-employees from some warehousing division 4 months before launch. No no no.

TELUS does not announce news about Apple products. TELUS "executives" do not leak info about upcoming Apple strategic moves.

On Macrumors this would not even make page 2.

Other companies leak info like this all the time. But not Apple. If you come out with fake Apple news, Riley, you're treading on dangerous ground. This has all the hallmarks of a classic "Hello World"fake Apple rumour: "I know a well-placed 'executive' in xyz company that says that the next iPhone has a front-facing camera and 4G!" No, nope, not at all.

This fall you're going to eat this thread with barbecue sauce on it.
    You are one cranky guy.

I find your opinion holds less water for the simple fact that Riley has leaked info before (which has been proven true). You leak nothing but venom.
    But on the plus side, I knocked over the SunSphere.

Muh Plan:
    U/L Canadawide Calling
    U/L Picture/Video/Text Messaging
    5 GB Data
    $55/month less 10% for BYOD

The Former Abbywack-A-Mole

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abbywack-a-mole
    You are one cranky guy.

I find your opinion holds less water for the simple fact that Riley has leaked info before (which has been proven true). You leak nothing but venom.
    Sorry did I spoil your fantasy?

How could I have phrased that to protect your delicate sensibilities?

Device(s)
    BB BOLD 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    apple fanboys are so sensitive

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, formerly Bell Mobility (4 years), formerly Telus Mobility (Since '98, ended 2010) - 13 years
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by w4lker
    Sorry did I spoil your fantasy?

How could I have phrased that to protect your delicate sensibilities?
    Don't get your panties in a bunch because someone called you out on your factless opinion.

I can pretty much guarantee if anyone BUT Riley posted this info you wouldn't transform into Old Cranky Rockingchair Man.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour 9630, Blackberry Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    here it goes again!

Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    i wont get into this but one thing i will say. is potential carriers has always leaked from apple. its the phones info that never leaked.

go through engadget and see how many times potential carriers got leaked. ull see a bunch of them.

is it 1000000% true? i dont know i dont work for telus i didnt see any papers. i got some info from someone ive spoken to before. who has always been honest and has no reason to lie.

i relayed the info.

thanks to eagle for the info by the way

p.s. i do find it funny that when its ur own loverboy phone that u crave so much. u still find room to complain. now to wait and see what ur partner in crime will have to say

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abbywack-a-mole
    Don't get your panties in a bunch because someone called you out on your factless opinion.

I can pretty much guarantee if anyone BUT Riley posted this info you wouldn't transform into Old Cranky Rockingchair Man.
    Actually you have that backwards: everyone else is getting twisted because I called Riley on his baseless posting of a rumour.

And if it was anyone else I would have called for the thread to be locked instead of explaining *why* it's a waste of time.

Sorry everyone put your woodies back in your pants. Real info may come, but this ain't it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    A guy I gave a Hot Carl to does Darren Entwistle's enemas on Tuesdays, and he said that Darren said that the iPhone doesn't even exist and it's a figment of our imaginations.

And if it ever does exist, he'd rather stuff it up his butt and then break it with a hammer than see it connected to his network.

Take that for what it's worth. It obviously comes from a highly-placed senior executive, as you can tell.

Feedback Score
    Dear god I hope this rumour is false.

the last thing I want to deal with is all those Apple douches and their jesus phones.

Hey lets buy and $800 phone just so we can show it off and not use 90% of the features to it.

*palm to face*

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Why isn't this guy BAN by the mod's yet? He obviously has nothing positive to contribute other than childish chatter?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NozMaximus
    Why isn't this guy BAN by the mod's yet? He obviously has nothing positive to contribute other than childish chatter?
    What's to say that's positive?

If I disagree, I DISAGREE. Straightforward. Just like Riley.

No wait Riley goes crazy with the personal attacks. Why hasn't he been banned?

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast