Thread: Activating the FM radio on the TM506

Feedback Score

Activating the FM radio on the TM506

Hi guys:

I recently got an TM506 from T-Mobile, and it has listed as one fo the features the FM radio, but I have not been able to foind it, nor to find any plavce here with the info on how to activate it on the phone, I was browsing ans reading for two hours but nothing like an step by step on how to do it...any help please!!!

Softaware version R3DA030

Thanks in advance...

I will be using it with T-Mobile...

Feedback Score
    Anybody guys??? Any link at least..???

Feedback Score
    Any one???

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by kanatronic
    I recently got an TM506 from T-Mobile, and it has listed as one fo the features the FM radio, but I have not been able to foind it, nor to find any plavce here with the info on how to activate it on the phone, I was browsing ans reading for two hours but nothing like an step by step on how to do it...any help please!!!
    My understanding is that T-Mobile has disabled the FM radio in the T-Mobile branded version of the TM506. Your best bet if you have the Unlimited Web data package may be an Internet radio client app.
    Hope that helps,
    John Navas
    Navas Wireless Wiki

Feedback Score
    on a prepaid?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by kanatronic
    on a prepaid?
    Some carriers have data packages available to prepaid, including T-Mobile USA, which offers Unlimited Web & Messaging for only $20/month on FlexPay (prepaid) accounts.

My Internet radio client of choice is GlassPlayer, not free, but a very reasonable 2,99€ (under US$5).

Feedback Score

I Debranded my tm506 as per http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/Sony_Ericsson_TM50

Quote Originally Posted by kanatronic View Post
    Hi guys:

Thanks in advance...

I will be using it with T-Mobile...
    I Debranded my tm506 as per http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p..._Ericsson_TM50
    now FM radio is now available under Entertainment -> Radio
    It works good (handset needed)

Feedback Score
    If you don't want to or can't figure out how to debrand your TM506, the built-in FM radio can be used without making any modifications to the phone. All you have to do is access the hidden Sony Ericsson service menu.

>* <<*<*

The fm radio is accessbile from those menus.

Feedback Score
    Really?? How can I do that???