Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New My Media Retrieval

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fireredak
    If it was free for upgrades and phones bought off of e bay and such, then why couldnt someone with say, 10 phones, activate one, do the download, then switch to another phone and do it again, and on and on and on?
    They end up putting the app on 10 different phones and only pay once and that way they could switch phones at random and have all their content on each phone.
    Thats prob. the reason they wont let you use it unless it is a warrenty, insurance replacement.
    So why do they let that with software on computer, or music on computers? Why is Apple (which is definitely out there to make a buck like VZW and any other company) allowing it with iPhone upgrades? Seems like this kind of thing can work and has worked just fine.

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C DM
    So why do they let that with software on computer, or music on computers? Why is Apple (which is definitely out there to make a buck like VZW and any other company) allowing it with iPhone upgrades? Seems like this kind of thing can work and has worked just fine.
    I understand what you are saying, Im saying thats more then likely "why" Verizon wont let you!

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    How about the real reason might be Verizon just wants to make an extra buck off of the customers by screwing them.

Quote Originally Posted by fireredak
    I understand what you are saying, Im saying thats more then likely "why" Verizon wont let you!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elgee02
    If I buy a bunch of music of iTunes and my computer crashes and wipes my hard drive, does apple let me re-download all the same music for free? (I am truly curious, I do not know)

If I buy Adobe Photoshop and lose the CD and box which has the specific serial key and buy a new computer, can I still get a free download on my new computer from Adobe?
    I don't know about that, but I know that apps from the app store will need to be bought again.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Get over it. At least Verizon is doing this for free. AT&T never let me do this at all when I had to switch out my phone. Verizon does something good for the customer, and people still are mad over it. Its better then nothing. They could of just made you pay for them all over again if you had to switch out your phone.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

thanks tyler. dont worry about the boohooers. they still mas that verizon doesnt sell a phone that will flush their toilets via bluetooth and so Verizon is evil and trying to rip them off. i been reading that same crybaby crap since i signed up for hofo.
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X (current), Motorola Driod A855 (2009-2011), Blackberry Storm 9530 (2008-2009)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless since 1997 (PrimeCo)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyGuy
    How about the real reason might be Verizon just wants to make an extra buck off of the customers by screwing them.

Let me know when your "main preference" AT&T offers something even remotely similar

At least you're consistent ScruffyGuy, you never miss a chance to call VZW greedy for the exact same crap all the other carriers do and never call them greedy for it.

Device(s)
    Cylon Droid Communicator
    Carrier(s)
    New Caprica Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm probably going to close this thread since its now going way off topic and turning into a huge rant.
    Keep all PHONE discussion within the Verizon Phone Discussion sub forum. We will close/move threads without notice if you do not follow the the VZW forum rules. Report inappropriate posts by clicking on the red triangle in the upper right hand corner of any post, or the orange triangle in the bottom left for Premium members.

Feedback Score
    the initial intent for media retrieval is to avoid a customers account having to be credited every time the device is replaced under warranty. That is why it will only let you retrieve your media at no charge if a certain return exchange code is used when the device is replaced. This is just to make it more convenient for the customers when the device is replaced, instead of the customer having to call customer service to have the downloads credited.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator HF 9
    I'm probably going to close this thread since its now going way off topic and turning into a huge rant.
    thank you for intervening. i tried the media retrieval on my handset last night and either its not supported on the Dare or its from desktop only BUT i can now change my F&F via my handset

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainBikerMark

thank you for intervening. i tried the media retrieval on my handset last night and either its not supported on the Dare or its from desktop only BUT i can now change my F&F via my handset
    You can only do it online. What it will do is send you a message to your phone which will allow you to download it.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

thanks Tyler. ill dust off the ole desktop and give it a go

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2