Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

New My Media Retrieval

I thought it may had launched, but wasn't sure. Well, it did!

To get to it, log in to My Verizon.
    Click My Services.
    Click My Media.
    Then, follow the steps below:

To make it easier to enjoy your new cell phone, you are eligible to retrieve previously downloaded applications from Get It Now/Media Center and ringtones from VZW Tones/Media Store to your new device at the prices indicated below.

All applications and ringtones eligible for retrieval MUST be preselected on My Verizon.

Choose any of the items that you would like to retrieve.

Please confirm that you would like to retrieve this media to your new device and then select the Retrieve button.

Airtime or megabyte charges and messaging fees may apply, depending on your plan, when retrieving media.

Applications and ringtones must be retrieved within 90 DAYS of obtaining your new device. Applications and ringtones purchased prior to the device change may not be immediately available for retrieval. Allow up to 48 hours for new content to appear in My Media Retrieval.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    We never stop working for you
    No longer a VZW employee, but still a good information source.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    CanAM:
    With all that money you save monthly with your Sprint plan, you should be able to order Hooked On Phonics - remember, the phone number to order this is 1-800-ABCDEFG.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    keep in mind that this only applies to devices that are replaced and not upgraded. This means if you go to a different model device in any situation other then a warranty exchange, you will be charged for your downloads. This does not work for devices that are upgraded or customer provided equipment. So no one is disappointed when they cant get there ringtones for free when they upgrade .

Device(s)
    HTC THUNDERBOLT
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Tyler,

Thanks for the info!

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    For devices that are replaced this may be a good thing, but for upgrades it is a waste since you have to pay for what you have previously downloaded to your old phone (which is yet another mother ****ing ripoff from Verizon). Fcs, they rip you off enough already. If you buy a new phone from Verizon you should be able to transfer what you have already purchased without buying it again.

Device(s)
    LG enV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by dynasty82
    keep in mind that this only applies to devices that are replaced and not upgraded. This means if you go to a different model device in any situation other then a warranty exchange, you will be charged for your downloads. This does not work for devices that are upgraded or customer provided equipment. So no one is disappointed when they cant get there ringtones for free when they upgrade .
    So if my 2 year contract just ended on my enV and I just bought an enV Touch and extended to a new 2 year contract, I can't use this My Media Retrieval to transfer items from my old enV to my new enV Touch for free?
    Because on the literature I got from Verizon in the box with my new enV Touch, it is instructing me to use this new feature to transfer stuff from my old phone to my new phone.

Device(s)
    Droid BIONIC
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Long overdue for replacement swaps...now get on to doing this for upgrades.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    No, you will have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by jokester1365
    So if my 2 year contract just ended on my enV and I just bought an enV Touch and extended to a new 2 year contract, I can't use this My Media Retrieval to transfer items from my old enV to my new enV Touch for free?
    Because on the literature I got from Verizon in the box with my new enV Touch, it is instructing me to use this new feature to transfer stuff from my old phone to my new phone.

Device(s)
    HTC Eris w/2.1v3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The service worked great for a phone replacement I got last week! Makes it 100% easier to deal with getting your apps back on your new phone...
    Nationwide FamilyShare (700) w/unlimited web and email

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It shouldn't matter if it is a phone replacement or an upgrade, it should work for both since you paid for your application.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X (current), Motorola Driod A855 (2009-2011), Blackberry Storm 9530 (2008-2009)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless since 1997 (PrimeCo)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    For a VOLUNTARY (i.e. upgrade or activating a phone you got off ebay) phone change, it's not free and shouldn't be. For an INVOLUNTARY phone change (lost your phone, broke it, etc. and got it replaced by either insurance or the store under warranty) it is 100% free and now very simple to replace paid for apps and ringtones.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by elgee02
    For a VOLUNTARY (i.e. upgrade or activating a phone you got off ebay) phone change, it's not free and shouldn't be. For an INVOLUNTARY phone change (lost your phone, broke it, etc. and got it replaced by either insurance or the store under warranty) it is 100% free and now very simple to replace paid for apps and ringtones.
    This probably isn't the best thread for this, but why shouldn't it be free when upgrading? Even Apple is doing that for those upgrading to the newer iPhones. But even that aside, take any other medium, like computers and games and software for computers--if you get a new computer, can you not install a game you bought before and used on your computer without buying the game all over again or paying some additional fees? Sure you can, in practically all of the cases (and in those where some weird licensing is set up or some protection is used, there's often a lot of outrcy about it and the game's publisher often ends up doing something about it or often suffering in terms of sales due to negative publicity). Looking at it purely rationally, if you paid for something and it now belongs to you, why should you pay for that very thing again just because you want to use it somewhere else? They even realized that with music these days where you can download a song and use it on any device you want in most cases.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X (current), Motorola Driod A855 (2009-2011), Blackberry Storm 9530 (2008-2009)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless since 1997 (PrimeCo)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If I buy a bunch of music of iTunes and my computer crashes and wipes my hard drive, does apple let me re-download all the same music for free? (I am truly curious, I do not know)

If I buy Adobe Photoshop and lose the CD and box which has the specific serial key and buy a new computer, can I still get a free download on my new computer from Adobe?

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If it was free for upgrades and phones bought off of e bay and such, then why couldnt someone with say, 10 phones, activate one, do the download, then switch to another phone and do it again, and on and on and on?
    They end up putting the app on 10 different phones and only pay once and that way they could switch phones at random and have all their content on each phone.
    Thats prob. the reason they wont let you use it unless it is a warrenty, insurance replacement.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by elgee02
    If I buy a bunch of music of iTunes and my computer crashes and wipes my hard drive, does apple let me re-download all the same music for free? (I am truly curious, I do not know)

If I buy Adobe Photoshop and lose the CD and box which has the specific serial key and buy a new computer, can I still get a free download on my new computer from Adobe?
    Sure, if you lose what you bought (like the hard-drive crashes) you don't get it back. Same in physical world, if you lost your CD you don't have the music anymore. But, if you still have your CD your your hard-drive, are you honestly not able to use that CD in another CD player than the first one you used it in, or can you not use the hard drive you have in another computer down the line should you choose to, and have access to all the same songs you had on it before on different computer? Sure, you can do all of that.

If you originally downloaded some software from a company to install on a computer and then get another computer you generally have access to download that software again to install on your new computer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast