Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Palm Pre: Glitches/Problems ASK & ANSWER thread...

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Midknight XRS
    You know, I too had that happen once, but i was actually on the phone trying to call into sprint. I think it might be an issue with the accelerometer. I know that when we are on a non speaker call and you have to touch a number, the screen goes on. Normally the screen is off when you're in a call. i think the two are related. I'll let tech support know this week.
    I was thinking it could just be a bug with the proximity sensor. I know it turns the phone screen off when holding it to your ear, so maybe it just delays in returning to the on position and gets confused by the call hanging up (usually at the same time). Don't know. Still not a deal breaker, just kind of an annoyance.
    <---You'll never fully comprehend my mind!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Is it me, or does the phone like to turn off "Roaming Data" For some reason I have to keep turning it back on. Only thing I can think of is that Data Roaming turns off when you turn WiFi on....

Anyone else having this issue?

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    This may not be a Pre specific issue, but thought I'd mention it and see if anyone else has this issue with theirs.

It seems that text messages from my girlfriends Lotus (on Sprint) will get delayed by 3-4 hours at times and my friends messages from her Samsung r450 (MetroPCS) will also get delayed, sometimes by 8 hours or more. Now like I said this may not be the Pre but has anyone else had this issue?

Device(s)
    HTC Hero
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint (a signal in Austin!)
    Feedback Score
    As for people's Pres running hot and not lasting terribly long: You probably have a bad device. I played with a Tech's phone for 30 minutes and his phone drained 20% and was VERY hot. My Pre doesn't do that at all. The only time it gets warm (not hot) is if I use the hell out of it.

As for battery, with good signal I make it until the late afternoon or evening before it complains. Not great, but nothing like what you guys are reporting...

Exchange your Pre for a new one...

Device(s)
    HTC Hero
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Also, anyone have the issue in Google Maps where you search for something, like Restaurant, and all of the sudden Maps only shows you the pins it placed for the search, and not the map? My results are displayed on a white background, and the map never loads... Happens almost every time...

Device(s)
    3G iPhone S 32 GIG
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My Pre has been reaaly sluggish lately. Especially the phone and youtube app. There will be blank spaces where call or videos should have loaded.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    SPRINT PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HechoEnCalifas
    I'm having an issue with the phone and phone calls. Let me explain. I received a phone call from my girlfriend today, I answered it and talked. I received a text message while on the call but didn't check it, finished my call and hung up. Now when I ended the call the screen went black, flickered a few times with a bluish/grey light and then returned to the dialer screen, with the indicator showing that the call had ended.

A few minutes later I made a call back to my girlfriend and talked, finished the call and tried to hang up the phone...but guess what? That's right the phone screen was black again, but the line was still open. I tried tapping the screen, nothing. I tried pushing the wake up button, nothing. The phone flickered again with the same bluish/grey coloring and then restored itself a few seconds later back to the dialer screen.

This has happened only once before and thus far this is the only real bug (besides the aforementioned accelerometer issue) I can find with the Pre. I just did a battery pull on the phone so we'll see if that stops this. Just updated to the new firmware update so was thinking that may have something to do with it but highly doubt it.

Anyone else experience this issue?

Hopefully you have this fixed by now but just in case anyone else has this problem, I had this happen and I took it back to the store come to find out it was because I still had the original screen protector on it and since it was a little loose at the top it was causing the phone to think it was still against my face and making it go black so be sure to make sure nothing it lose or around the sensor

Device(s)
    Sprint: iPhone 45-32
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HechoEnCalifas
    This may not be a Pre specific issue, but thought I'd mention it and see if anyone else has this issue with theirs.

It seems that text messages from my girlfriends Lotus (on Sprint) will get delayed by 3-4 hours at times and my friends messages from her Samsung r450 (MetroPCS) will also get delayed, sometimes by 8 hours or more. Now like I said this may not be the Pre but has anyone else had this issue?
    I typically don't get texts when I'm roaming on Verizon, so the "variable" delay is a function of when I happen to get back on the Sprint network.
    iPhone 4S-32: Sprint SERO............Palm Pixi Plus: Page Plus ..............HP Pre3: AT&T GoPhone
    talk smart WB2YGF

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    For all you guys having problems with the phone turning off. I spoke to a sprint tech guy today and they told me there is issue with the battery. Seems to be a loose connection. If you take your pre to the sprint repair store, they will give you a new battery.

Device(s)
    HTC Hero
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aznpride9i6
    For all you guys having problems with the phone turning off. I spoke to a sprint tech guy today and they told me there is issue with the battery. Seems to be a loose connection. If you take your pre to the sprint repair store, they will give you a new battery.

After 1.1, my phone is suddenly turning off and it's NOT the battery issue. I had it sitting still both times today, one on a call, and it just turned right off... It has also never done this until today.... :-( I hope my honeymoon with my Pre isn't over....

Feedback Score
    My Palm Pre RESTARTED during a 911 call. Now I am selling it on Ebay

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Question Touchscreen and replying to Email issues

Hey all, I was a lurker in the forums here to get information on phones, now I decided to join.

So, I've had my Palm Pre for almost a month. It's my first foray into smartphones. I like the Pre, it has some bugs but overall it is a great device. Onto my issues...

Yesterday, my touchscreen and gesture area were not responding at all. I'm not sure why. I wiped off the whole thing to remove smudges, fingerprints, etc; thinking that may affect the touchscreen. It didn't work and I ended up just pulling out the battery a few times over the span of a few hours just to reset it. Even doing that, the touchscreen would not work right away. Then, it would just start working again. Anyone else have this problem? Today, it's been okay but if it continues, I'm going to the Sprint store tomorrow. Curiously enough, my phone auto updated over night, so I'm wondering if that had any bearing on the touchscreen now working...

My second issue is that when i press the reply icon for an email (Yahoo mail), my phone crashes and restarts. This doesn't happen everytime, but enough to be pretty annoying. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks for any replies

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys, just providing an update. My touchscreen is completely shot, rendering my phone useless. I'm going to Sprint tomorrow to exchange for a new one. It's pretty annoying considering I've only had it 25 days, but at least it happened now and not a year from now.

Device(s)
    Palm PRE
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    did you do a hardware test, just to make sure you didn't do something...

To test it, go to Launcher--> Device Info--> More info--> Preferences(drop down menu at top left)--> Interactive Tests--> Touch Sensors

From there it will give you things to press and gestures to do. If it doesn't work, at the end, scroll down and there will be a button on the bottom that says send data. Send it, just in case.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Midknight XRS
    did you do a hardware test, just to make sure you didn't do something...

To test it, go to Launcher--> Device Info--> More info--> Preferences(drop down menu at top left)--> Interactive Tests--> Touch Sensors

From there it will give you things to press and gestures to do. If it doesn't work, at the end, scroll down and there will be a button on the bottom that says send data. Send it, just in case.
    Thanks for the info. I can't do anything with my phone. It now shows a message on the screen that my Palm Profile is logged off and gives me the option of resetting the phone or erasing the phone. I can't choose either or follow your instructions due to the touchscreen not responding whatsoever. Rather frustrating...hopefully Sprint will be able to work it out.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast