Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: .:No SERO plan for Palm Pre say Sprint:.

Device(s)
    BB 8330 SERO+BIS=Buisness!
    Feedback Score
    How many times must it be said?

Not allowing grandfathered plans which already include the EXACT same kind of data that the Pre needs is bad business. (To the guy above who said its bad business to let SERO users get a Pre--I laugh, "It is not fair for those who could not get in before" LOL)

Sprint really needs to realize, most SERO users will not drop their plan just for the PRE. If we really were stupid enough to drop the best plan in wireless for the "hottest phone on the market" we would have gone for the iphone already. I know I would have. I also know that without SERO, there is no chance that I would have signed with Sprint.

How do they even think they will lock in new customers with the image that they have?

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Feedback Score
    Exactly, data plan is data plan is data plan.

And its Sprint's own fault for opening SERO up to the public, no one swindled the system to get it. It was open to ALL!

They should have thought about this before they send out codes to allow anyone to sign up for SERO instead of having to have an employee's email address as a referral. Thats certainly not the customer's fault Sprint didnt think ahead before they acted. Now Sprint wants to renege on the deal and try to force everyone off that plan after they were arms wide open to new customers signing up with it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S 2/Moto Atrix 4g
    Carrier(s)
    1. Sprint /2.Straight Talk (Unlimited $45) GSM
    Feedback Score
    Honestly you can't be mad at a company that is trying to make the max profit. It's not like they said all SERO plans will be done and over at the end of the year. They're simply saying you had your fun will it lasted and now its time to get off this ride cause the park is shutting down.

There are still quality phones out there for people on SERO plans. This is sprints way to slowly faze out SERO. There saying at this point no more having your cake and eating it to, you can stay on SERO and have a descent selection or you can go with simply everything and have the pick of the litter.

Can't be mad at a company thats going through hard times right now because they want to make a greater profit
    Fios Home Network

Evo 4g•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••GS2 4g

Device(s)
    Some Type of Blackberry
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by armenianracer
    How many times must it be said?

Not allowing grandfathered plans which already include the EXACT same kind of data that the Pre needs is bad business. (To the guy above who said its bad business to let SERO users get a Pre--I laugh, "It is not fair for those who could not get in before" LOL)

Sprint really needs to realize, most SERO users will not drop their plan just for the PRE. If we really were stupid enough to drop the best plan in wireless for the "hottest phone on the market" we would have gone for the iphone already. I know I would have. I also know that without SERO, there is no chance that I would have signed with Sprint.

How do they even think they will lock in new customers with the image that they have?
    Lets take a look at your own words...

"Not allowing grandfathered plans which already include the EXACT same kind of data that the Pre needs is bad business."

So according to you, its bad business to not let SERO plans on the Pre

Followed by:

"Sprint really needs to realize, most SERO users will not drop their plan just for the PRE."

"If we really were stupid enough to drop the best plan in wireless for the "hottest phone on the market" we would have gone for the iphone already. I know I would have."

If I read you correctly, you wont drop SERO for the Pre and you are not stupid enough to drop the best plan in wireless for the "hottest phone on the market". Then how in the h3ll is it a bad decision on Sprint's part to force you or "we" off SERO to get a Pre????? You might not be stupid.... but your post was.

Device(s)
    BB 8330 SERO+BIS=Buisness!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofox
    Then how in the h3ll is it a bad decision on Sprint's part to force you or "we" off SERO to get a Pre????? You might not be stupid.... but your post was.
    I did not say it is a bad decision on Sprint's part, I said it is bad business.

"Yeah, lets promise them unlimited data, then when they want a new phone that absolutely requires data (the same exact data that we already give them), lets charge them more!!"

This is what makes it bad business. Lets just charge them more because we can. Know which other businesses do this? Oil companies. How many people do you know actually love and praise oil companies? Do these companies have a positive image? (Extreme example, but it shows what I am trying to say here).

The whole point, as relayed by others online, to requiring a NEW plan for the PRE on Sprint's behalf is to get people off of SERO (speculation, but hey lets just say that this is the absolute reason). This will not work, like I said, because the PRE is not good enough to drop a really good deal.

So in turn, Sprint thinks that they will phase out SERO users, but "we" aint goin no where. And if I were to drop SERO and pay more for cell-service for "the hottest phone", it damn well would not be with Sprint.

Instead, I will keep SERO locked down and go with another great phone as suggested and use up as much data as I wish.

Ready to analyze if this post is "smart-enough" for you again?

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

"Yeah, lets promise them unlimited data, then when they want a new phone that absolutely requires data (the same exact data that we already give them), lets charge them more!!"

This is what makes it bad business. Lets just charge them more because we can. Know which other businesses do this? Oil companies. How many people do you know actually love and praise oil companies? Do these companies have a positive image? (Extreme example, but it shows what I am trying to say here).

The whole point, as relayed by others online, to requiring a NEW plan for the PRE on Sprint's behalf is to get people off of SERO (speculation, but hey lets just say that this is the absolute reason). This will not work, like I said, because the PRE is not good enough to drop a really good deal.

So in turn, Sprint thinks that they will phase out SERO users, but "we" aint goin no where. And if I were to drop SERO and pay more for cell-service for "the hottest phone", it damn well would not be with Sprint.

Instead, I will keep SERO locked down and go with another great phone as suggested and use up as much data as I wish.

i love all these people who are whining about their SERO plans. sure that plan is unbelievable but the plan that sprint currently offers for the pre or any other really are much better than competitors equivalents. on top of that, getting some type of "corporate" discount on top of that plan isn't very difficult.

just suck it up and get a pre if you want it or continue with the phone you have and stop complaining. sprint needs to turn a profit on the pre.

Device(s)
    Some Type of Blackberry
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

I am chuckling at your first sentence, it is evidently a good decision on Sprint's part, but its bad business.

Normally I dont consider the Rolling Stones as a source of sage advice.... but I did learn this from them years ago...

"You Can't Always Get What You Want"

Device(s)
    Palm Treo Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    So Sprint's 59.99 sero everything data plan. Yes or no?
    "That girl's real CDMA quality...with GPS too!"

Device(s)
    The MAXXXXXXX
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    No, No, No. No SERO plans or another other plans that are not of the official list.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalCrusade

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson
    No, No, No. No SERO plans or another other plans that are not of the official list.
    Do you even bother reading or is it knee jerk when you see SERO?

The previous poster is on EPRP $59.99 plan, which *is* an everything data plan so he *can* get Pre on it.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4S 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint (ED Family 1500)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalCrusade
    YES - EPRP. NO - SERO. Straight from the horse's (Sprint) mouth if you are still in denial. No Pre on SERO

Feedback Score
    Theme song for Pre on SERO/F&F/F&C

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za-cX9-iF78

Device(s)
    Some Type of Blackberry
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by klimb22
    YES - EPRP. NO - SERO. Straight from the horse's (Sprint) mouth if you are still in denial. No Pre on SERO

Current customers:

• Must swap plans to one of the bundled voice/message/data plans
    • NOTE: If customers choose to return the Palm Pre they may not be able to get their old rate plan back.
    • No other rate plans can be provisioned on the Palm Pre.

Everything Plus Referral Program for friends and family (sprint.com/everythingplus):

The program is available to new Sprint customers or existing customers adding a new line (no migration from existing lines of service).

-----------------------------------------

So the answer is NO... he can not get a Pre on an existing EPRP plan, only new customers or those adding a line can.

He might get lucky and still do it... but the horse's mouth says he cant.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofox
    Everything Plus Referral Program for friends and family (sprint.com/everythingplus):

The program is available to new Sprint customers or existing customers adding a new line (no migration from existing lines of service).

-----------------------------------------

So the answer is NO... he can not get a Pre on an existing EPRP plan, only new customers or those adding a line can.

He might get lucky and still do it... but the horse's mouth says he cant.
    You are confused.

The section you bolded is referring the EPRP (the plan/program) not being available for migration from existing lines of service. It isn't talking about the Pre.

There is no special trigger in the activation system that says allow Pre to be activated on new EPRP but not on existing EPRP. The system doesn't care, all it sees is EPRP. If the OP has EPRP, Pre can be activated on it. He can also activate BlackBerry, Instinct, and any available Sprint phone on his existing EPRP.

It's very simple, if you can activate Instinct, you can activate Pre. EPRP, both existing and new, can activate Instinct.

Device(s)
    Some Type of Blackberry
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sfhub
    You are confused.

The section you bolded is referring the EPRP (the plan/program) not being available for migration from existing lines of service. It isn't talking about the Pre.

There is no special trigger in the activation system that says allow Pre to be activated on new EPRP but not on existing EPRP. The system doesn't care, all it sees is EPRP. If the OP has EPRP, Pre can be activated on it. He can also activate BlackBerry, Instinct, and any available Sprint phone on his existing EPRP.

It's very simple, if you can activate Instinct, you can activate Pre. EPRP, both existing and new, can activate Instinct.

Dude the articles I posted in this thread came from the "Palm Pre Launch Guide" ..... This is all about the Pre... not the Instinct.

Unless he is a new customer or adding a line... he cant active a Pre on an existing line of service. Its right there in black and white.

If this is not the case, then please tell me what the sentence above really means.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast