Thread: Any Good Tools for Handling SMS over the PC?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Feedback Score

Any Good Tools for Handling SMS over the PC?

I was looking around today, and there was only 1 that I came across that seemed to do what I wanted.
    Its called Quicker SMS.
    Lets me read new txt messages on the comp, as well as reply and create new ones. Pull names from the address book, ect.
    its just using your BB without having to actaully pick the phone up.
    Nice at the office or even at home if you got a keyboard in hand, its an easier way to send a message for sure. Notice of new Txts pop up like outlook does.
    I tested it out, and it works, but kinda slow on things. Seems more beta-ish than anything to me, but it is not for testing, its for sale.
    It is almost $30 for this thing too, so its a little pricey.

Anyway, does anyone know of anything else like this out there I could check out?
    Hard to believe only one person would have thought to develop something like this

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    There were several products that worked that way with my Sony Ericsson phone (Float, MyPhoneExplorer, MobilEdit) ... two of which were freeware. The idea's been around for quite a while (and MobilEdit works with hundreds of phones) and I've been hoping someone would do something similar for BB as well. $30 though does seem a bit steep. You may want to look at SMSLink which is a lot cheaper.

There's also Cortado's SMS2Desk which manages SMS traffic inside your e-mail client. Not quite what you are looking for and I haven't used it but it may serve your purposes.

Not sure of any others.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When Google Voice (formerly Grand Central) opens up to new members, it will probably do what you want. Current members can send SMS's free from the site, and I believe incoming messages are also free.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9650 Pin: 3220F44F
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kel3ler
    When Google Voice (formerly Grand Central) opens up to new members, it will probably do what you want. Current members can send SMS's free from the site, and I believe incoming messages are also free.
    Yeah but when I send a text, I can only use the google voice number, not my BB phone number
    PIN: 3220F44F