Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: What Phone Are You Using On Boost Mobile Cdma, Thats Not A Boost Mobile Cdma Phone?

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    To let everyone know, please post on whatever thread you wish, I see some people complaining about what thread you post in, Im not famous nor going to get famous off a thread so feel free to post where you please, It will not hurt my feeling like it will some, nextel cut my check not this forum. And here is another surprising detail, Boost Mobile CDMA has been deleting people accounts that uses sprint services like, sprint tv, navigation, downloading ringtones form sprint site, and purchasing sprint services off your phone. I work on the nextel side, so I dont know whats going on with that I just hear talk around the help desk, My wife works at a retail store for sprint and at the store she works at sales boost cdma, iden, and virgin mobile. She said they are starting to completely delete accounts for the abuse. That I can tell you. So go on enjoy the forum and hopefully we will not have to get in a tug of war match over where someone is posting, hell I post all over. If its interesting Im posting, thats how I do it.
    Tha Beat Bully

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zakee20
    To let everyone know, another surprising detail, Boost Mobile CDMA has been deleting people accounts that uses sprint services like, sprint tv, navigation, downloading ringtones form sprint site, and purchasing sprint services off your phone..
    well i dont use sprint TV nor navigation... And im not WASTING $$ on rediculous ringtones so im in the ok...

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by celluser7
    well i dont use sprint TV nor navigation... And im not WASTING $$ on rediculous ringtones so im in the ok...

Yeah alot of people are abusing it from whats been said around work, I know Im keeping my phone @ 54.77 per month, you can't beat it, even when I had a sprint phone on the simply everything plan I still was paying 91.88 with a employee discount. So boost has been great to me, and I have the newest phone out....

Device(s)
    iPhone8, Galaxy_S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, Total_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Sprint (Boost Mobile CDMA) will terminate your account for excessive internet use. A friend of mine had their UNLMTD by Boost account suspended for the remainder of a month and then altogether terminated the following month. CSR's indicated that the account was terminated b/c of the same violation of excessive data usage. This was on a KRZR k1m. Not sure what the actual limits are for Boost Mobile data use. I used to have UNLMTD by Boost myself until my BM KRZR fell to it's death at a local bar & grill.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vmobi
    Sprint (Boost Mobile CDMA) will terminate your account for excessive internet use. A friend of mine had their UNLMTD by Boost account suspended for the remainder of a month and then altogether terminated the following month. CSR's indicated that the account was terminated b/c of the same violation of excessive data usage. This was on a KRZR k1m. Not sure what the actual limits are for Boost Mobile data use. I used to have UNLMTD by Boost myself until my BM KRZR fell to it's death at a local bar & grill.
    LOL fell to its death? Thats a good one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vmobi
    Sprint (Boost Mobile CDMA) will terminate your account for excessive internet use. A friend of mine had their UNLMTD by Boost account suspended for the remainder of a month and then altogether terminated the following month. CSR's indicated that the account was terminated b/c of the same violation of excessive data usage. This was on a KRZR k1m. Not sure what the actual limits are for Boost Mobile data use.
    well last month i pulled in 3.2 gig's from all that tethering... it clearly says UNLIMITED data, the only problem is that boost is a pre-paid svc which means they CAN cancel ur account and u cant say jack about it.... Unlike being on a contract with att, sprint or verizon if they cap you or cancel ur account u CAN fight it cause it says UNLIMITED data... unlimited data does not mean 5 gig's or whatever they claim the "imaginary" cap is...
    But that 3.2 gig's was only last month, im back to hardly using it at all...

What i wana know is how much data was he pulling in from that phone... granted its a 3G phone, but it cant be tethered... how much time can one person sit in front of that phone and B R O W S E...??? I have the Tilt and the mogul and within an hour or so, it gets old, thats when i have to start tethering as im doing now on att....
    ------ No cell phone, No Tablet, No internet, No Computer, No Facebook ------
    -------------------- HOW LONG WILL YOU LAST -----------------------
    The Problem With Government:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZPvqkzqeg
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think for themselves to see the lies & deception brought to them for a false reality

Device(s)
    HTC TOUCH PRO
    Carrier(s)
    BOOST MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    ...it clearly says UNLIMITED data, the only problem is that boost is a pre-paid svc which means they CAN cancel ur account and u cant say jack about it.... Unlike being on a contract with att, sprint or verizon if they cap you or cancel ur account u CAN fight it cause it says UNLIMITED data... unlimited data does not mean 5 gig's or whatever they claim the "imaginary" cap is
    QUESTION: How common is this? This seems to affect everyone, not just those with Non-Boost phones bc KRZR is a Boost phone.

Plus! Has anyone had any issues with there data connection or internet connection lately--like not connecting or no bars showing and maybe getting an error message (dialed #77...dimiss). Sometimes I wonder if something fishy is going on because I will get a random error message even when Im not trying to dial out or connect to the internet???!! wtheck!
    "This has been a public announcement and I approve this message"

Chessman

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile / Sprint
    Feedback Score
    well last month i pulled in 3.2 gig's from all that tethering... it clearly says UNLIMITED data, the only problem is that boost is a pre-paid svc which means they CAN cancel ur account and u cant say jack about it.... Unlike being on a contract with att, sprint or verizon if they cap you or cancel ur account u CAN fight it cause it says UNLIMITED data... unlimited data does not mean 5 gig's or whatever they claim the "imaginary" cap is...
    But that 3.2 gig's was only last month, im back to hardly using it at all...

What i wana know is how much data was he pulling in from that phone... granted its a 3G phone, but it cant be tethered... how much time can one person sit in front of that phone and B R O W S E...??? I have the Tilt and the mogul and within an hour or so, it gets old, thats when i have to start tethering as im doing now on att....

When you accepted Boost Mobile's services, this is part of the TOS you agree to:

Specific Terms & Restrictions On Using Data Services
    In addition to the rules for using all of our other Services, unless authorized by us, you can’t use our data Services: (1) with server devices or host computer applications, or other systems that drive continuous heavy traffic or data sessions; and (2) as a substitute or backup for private lines or frame relay connections. We reserve the right to limit, suspend or constrain any heavy, continuous data usage that adversely impacts our network performance or hinders access to our network.

Other pre-paid and post-paid cell phone companies have similar clauses in their TOS. They can do anything they want if they make a determination that your use of their data services adversely affects their network. You would loose in any legal action, because you agree to the TOS by using the network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by happyjack
    When you accepted Boost Mobile's services, this is part of the TOS you agree to:

In addition to the rules for using all of our other Services, unless authorized by us, you can’t use our data Services: (1) with server devices or host computer applications, or other systems that drive continuous heavy traffic or data sessions; and (2) as a substitute or backup for private lines or frame relay connections. We reserve the right to limit, suspend or constrain any heavy, continuous data usage that adversely impacts our network performance or hinders access to our network.

Other pre-paid and post-paid cell phone companies have similar clauses in their TOS. They can do anything they want if they make a determination that your use of their data services adversely affects their network. You would loose in any legal action, because you agree to the TOS by using the network.
    i understand what the terms are and they are very similiar to my att contract but i still tether away and nothing has been done yet...
    Boost also says unlimited data and they should stick to it, dont offer unlimited and then kick someone off for "abuse".
    Which is why on my boost phone, i limited the data usage cause i dont wana loose this rate plan... But on my att phone.... balls to the walls on tethering..!!

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile / Sprint
    Feedback Score
    i understand what the terms are and they are very similiar to my att contract but i still tether away and nothing has been done yet...
    Boost also says unlimited data and they should stick to it, dont offer unlimited and then kick someone off for "abuse".
    Which is why on my boost phone, i limited the data usage cause i dont wana loose this rate plan... But on my att phone.... balls to the walls on tethering..!!

ROFLMAO, Good Luck.

Device(s)
    HTC TOUCH PRO
    Carrier(s)
    BOOST MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by happyjack

How do I find out how much data usage I've used so far in the following month? And how often are we being reviewed in regards to data usage "monthly,annually, or random"? Plus, shouldn't there be a warning to the user if he/she is going over the "unoffical data cap" limit?

I read the new Boost Mobile.com updates on services and pricing for cdma that was effective as of July 14, 2009 and it never mention a cap on data there...?!? Infact, it said unlimited data usage or internet. This has to be a concern for those who are doing major downloading that they (Boost/Sprint) are trying to rid of and not just regular web surfing people like myself. My phone is my only source for internet right now unless I'm using wifi else where. Being a college student, I really do enjoy having this luxery and others things in my phone service and hate to lose my "Kick-A**-Awesome" plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone8, Galaxy_S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, Total_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Good Question...... So I asked 'em. They mentioned that they were/are using Opera Mini set to Socket Protocol. They also mentioned that their data usage is/was higher than average person. Strange thing that only one of their two accounts was terminated even though they both use about the same amount of data. BTW they have since replaced the closed account with a new Boost Mobile CDMA account (found a Boost Mobile c290 at Radio Shack before they were replaced with the iden phones) then upgraded to Sprint phones and seem to be using even more data on Boost Mobile CDMA than before.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Did the web work out of the box or did you have to make some changes?

Quote Originally Posted by zakee20
    I activated a Samsung Exclaim on Boost CDMA today and Im loving this phone. It never took me this long to activate a phone on boost as long as it did with this phone. Everything works on it and Im loving it.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch (Sprint SERO)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Man you're so lucky I'm getting the run around from Sprint saying they can't access Boost accounts for BlackBerries. I got it active on Boost first try Opera/Gmail applications works but no BB Browser or Email app. Grr I have a regular sprint service also I wonder if I can get it active on that then swap it back to Boost. Or maybe I'll just stick with Windows Mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcas
    I must be the luckiest guy in the world. So ok cool. Yesterday I had came to the conclusion the I had made a bad ($60 LOL) investment on this used blackberry pearl. cause I really couldnt do anything with it. I called sprint PDA tech support (877-654-911) all night last night trying to trick the people into activating my BIS. I even kept it real with a few of them. When it came to the point where customer service reps were saying "didnt I just talk to you" I gave up. Like I was saying, when you call sprint tech support give them your Boost account info and they cal open it up. I guess cause really it is a Sprint/Nextel accounnt, just a prepaid one. Last night I had no success, it went on for hours, with every rep just provisioning my phone then telling me it was nothing they can do once they looked further into the account and had BOOOST mobile. One guy had actually even told me, I see no reason why it dont work cause you are using EVDO service and we send BIS out to everybody now that we offer it free with the EVERYTHING PLAN. Long story short. I called back this morning and get in touch with a really nice lady, she must have been a manager or at least knew a lil more than the night time reps. She told me dont worry I'm gonne refresh your BIS and Service Books. Just hang the phone up take out your battery wait 30 seconds and put it back in there. So I did that and TADOWWWWWWWWWWW. When the phone powered up it went to the BIS account creation screen. I have a @sprint.blackberry.net address my PIN number is working and everything. And all on BOOST MOBILE ULIMITED WITH 3G for $50 a month. This same set up would coust about $120 on Sprint with taxes and fees added. I love boost. I'm keeping this account forever. Something tells me this $50 a month wont last forever though LOL. But I guess at this point since I already got BIS being feed to my phone on, I can just go with my original plan and find a used Curve and it will be perfect since I am already getting BIS sent to my account.
    Last edited by hoxbox; 08-23-2009 at 07:34 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid
    Did the web work out of the box or did you have to make some changes?
    The web worked out of the box and everything worked on mine

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast