Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Palm Pre Bell 2H 2009 (Reviews & Discussions)

Carrier(s)
    Bell HSPA
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taco77
    got an update from a friend of mine that works at Bell

she said late June or early July
    Sounds reasonable: http://mobilesyrup.com/2009/06/10/be...by-months-end/

Device(s)
    Galaxy S 2 (CM10.1)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Excite!! I have been following this phone so closely, if it were a person, I would surely have a restraining order on me by now. Now let's hope that Bell gives us a decent data plan with it as well!
    Bell Mobility
    Student 50 (Circa 2009 - Unlimited HSPA+, 200 anytime, Fab10, CD, VM, Unlimited Incoming, 500txt) @ $83 all-in
    HTC One M7

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64gb
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Ha bring back the $7 unlimited data plan and apply it to the pre...that'll get some tails wagging...
    Cheeri'o...
    Frankie...

Please Note: I do not work for Bell. I also do not work for any wireless retail outlet.
    Do not ask me about promotions or offers from wireless providers.

Device(s)
    notes on paper conveniently folded into flying device
    Carrier(s)
    rogers
    Feedback Score

pre release date

I talked to a Bell rep today, in there online support chat, and she assured me that the pre would be out on bell sometime this month, but she did not have a specific date or price.

update: apparently so did the guy from mobilesyrup, so thats atleast 2 agents that gave out the same info.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch 6900
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I'm a little disappointed by the Pre with its Keyboard and also the fact it doesn't have an on screen touch keyboard. Non having a touch keyboard means you can't type things in while in landscape mode and also you can't quickly respond to a text or a url without sliding open the phone.

I think those two deficiencies make this phone weaker than it should be. I haven't personally handled the keyboard but from what the reviews are stating and the pictures, it appears that the keyboard is not good.

Again, i was VERY excited for this phone, now it may not be a surefire purchase for me.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S 2 (CM10.1)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mfpreach
    I'm a little disappointed by the Pre with its Keyboard and also the fact it doesn't have an on screen touch keyboard. Non having a touch keyboard means you can't type things in while in landscape mode and also you can't quickly respond to a text or a url without sliding open the phone.

I think those two deficiencies make this phone weaker than it should be. I haven't personally handled the keyboard but from what the reviews are stating and the pictures, it appears that the keyboard is not good.

Again, i was VERY excited for this phone, now it may not be a surefire purchase for me.
    For your first point, I would expect that an app or mod to become available VERY soon. If not within the next two weeks, once the SDK is released publicly. Remember that they have access to the ROM for WebOS already, so this is basically guaranteed.

On your second point, it seems like the keyboard isn't great but isn't terrible. From all of the reviews that I've read, it seems like it is a 7-8/10 keyboard. Better than the HTCs, but worse than a BB.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clewis4u91
    Damn you... the lack of information from Bell is killing me, then my hopes get raised by this?

Device(s)
    Palm Pre, BlackBerry 9700, iPhone 4 16gb
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I really hope it launches soon. I just wish it could record video. Otherwise, awesome.

Device(s)
    Audiovos 8600
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Oh man I hope the rumor is true.
    If you think about it, it would actually make a lot of sense because the iPhone is coming and if Bell doesn't have something to compete, rogers will eat Bell's lunch.

Yeah, yeah, storm... Had one for 24 hours and although I absolutely love my Pearl, the storm and I didn't get along.

There are some Pearl App World apps that I will miss though...
    Bloomberg, Reuters (surprisingly cool) etc.

For the most part though, I end up needing to get apps because the real pages don't work. If we can have real browsing (like iPhone) then I don't need most of the apps. can't wait to sync the Pre with iTunes on my mac!

Device(s)
    Q10 (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie5string
    Ha bring back the $7 unlimited data plan and apply it to the pre...that'll get some tails wagging...
    Well, if Sprint is playing the savings game down in Yankeeland, why not Bell up here? They could do the same sort of commercials as Sprint saying how you'll save $240 a year ($30 iPhone plan vs $10 Pre plan).

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64gb
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCM
    Well, if Sprint is playing the savings game down in Yankeeland, why not Bell up here? They could do the same sort of commercials as Sprint saying how you'll save $240 a year ($30 iPhone plan vs $10 Pre plan).
    That would be a fantastic route to take... I didn't realize Sprint was approaching it that way.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S 2 (CM10.1)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Remember that that is the U.S. market where they compete on low price. In Canada, our industry seems to compete on high price.

Device(s)
    Q10 (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    On a side note, anyone have anything on the HTC Touch Pro 2? This thread says that it's going to TELUS, so would that mean Bell isn't getting it at all?

Right now I'm debating between BlackBerry Tour vs HTC Touch Pro 2 vs Palm Pre. But if the Touch Pro 2 isn't even going to be an option, then that leaves me with Tour vs Pre.

Decisions, decisions...

Device(s)
    HTC Touch 6900
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhockey123
    Oh man I hope the rumor is true.
    If you think about it, it would actually make a lot of sense because the iPhone is coming and if Bell doesn't have something to compete, rogers will eat Bell's lunch.

Yeah, yeah, storm... Had one for 24 hours and although I absolutely love my Pearl, the storm and I didn't get along.

There are some Pearl App World apps that I will miss though...
    Bloomberg, Reuters (surprisingly cool) etc.

For the most part though, I end up needing to get apps because the real pages don't work. If we can have real browsing (like iPhone) then I don't need most of the apps. can't wait to sync the Pre with iTunes on my mac!
    People are hyping up the new iPhone like everyone is going to get it if there isn't some competition against it etc..

I don't look at it that way, its just a revision to the last batch of iPhones and people who were already going to jump ship to get an iPhone have already done so with the 3G. This upcoming launch of the iPhone is not as crucial as the 3G was.

Secondly, I would be VERY surprised if they offered anything less than the $30 data plan for it. Cell carriers in Canada are not about competition and are collusive. They are also protected by our government by way of the CRTC.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre-,+,2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    The phone has the hardware for video capture, an update will most likely give it the ability to shoot vids within 6 months.

Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast