Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When at the movie theater?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Set to vibrate and would screen calls. Never got a call while at the movies though.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Device(s)
    White 32 gig 3Gs
    Carrier(s)
    at&t. Only provider for 13 years
    Feedback Score
    screen but I never answer. If its an emergency they'll call back immediately.

I don't even reply to texts and I'll throw popcorn at people who do.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vibrate and then text them back sayin im in a movie.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (neuro-devixe: SAMSUNG-SGH-A867/A867UCHJ3 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.0 configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

i put mine on vibrate.

Device(s)
    iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    i either put it on vibrate only or turn it off completely...if any calls or texts, i'll return them after i get out of the movie.
    let's get this party started

Device(s)
    lg cu500 6230 b, 6682
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Walkguru\'s: SAMSUNG-SGH-A837/A837UCHH1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.4 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.0 configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.17.06.3.1.17.0)

i kick but at peeps throwing popcorn.
    eight years on hofo, n00b.

Trollers suck!
    IWDCP Sergeant

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile; Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I set mine to vibrate. I want to know who at least calls (many don't leave voicemails, so I depend on the call log) and if need be leave the theater for an emergency call. I will respond to urgent SMS and emails. Anything else will wait until after the movie.
    Join In

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SBacklin
    I set mine to vibrate. I want to know who at least calls (many don't leave voicemails, so I depend on the call log) and if need be leave the theater for an emergency call. I will respond to urgent SMS and emails. Anything else will wait until after the movie.
    If it's important they'll call back, or leave a voicemail. It's up to them. Otherwise, you don't need to know. A lot more stress free that way.

Same deal with SMS and email. It is not an *immediate* medium. Anyone who thinks it is should remember the old pager excuse: "oh, I must have been in the elevator when it went through." Again, a lot more stress free.
    newsreports.org - mobile friendly site connectivity check

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile; Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plumsauce
    If it's important they'll call back, or leave a voicemail. It's up to them. Otherwise, you don't need to know. A lot more stress free that way.

Same deal with SMS and email. It is not an *immediate* medium. Anyone who thinks it is should remember the old pager excuse: "oh, I must have been in the elevator when it went through." Again, a lot more stress free.
    People have different reasons for different things being important. The stress thing isn't true for me. I need to have mine on vibrate for said reasons. For the record, I do receive very important emails, SMS and phone calls. Some require immediate response and others don't. You were kind of right on one thing though, if it was an important phone call, they would leave a vmail or keep calling my phone. Hence, needing the phone on vibrate instead of off. It also falls on how people prefer to communicate. You also don't get to decide what I need to know or don't know. Its my phone, my life, my friends/family/co-workers. Having it on vibrate don't bother anyone and if I'm silently responding to a email or SMS, it isn't bothering anyone either.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Vibrate if I go to a movie during the daytime when my work may need to get a hold of me. Off if I go at night or on Sunday when my work won't need to get a hold of me.

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play with Mophie battery pack (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; BOLT/2.100) AppleWebKit/530+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17)

I put it on silent in my purse. I never pull it out. The only time I did was when I got stuck taking my little sis to see Alvin and the Chipmunks...god, I hated it. I only pull it out when no one else is behind me and I would never talk on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2