Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Deutsche Telekom to leave UK Market

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256GB Black/Verizon, iPhone 7 256GB Black/AT&T, iPhone 6s 128GB/T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by aw614
    convert that sprint 1900 spectrum to 2100/1900 3g
    Screw that noise. With all the 1900 that Sprint has, just do a pure WELL BUILT OUT 1900 Network baby!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilephonedude
    The Register, reports that T-mobile will be leaving the UK market to focus more on their US market....
    After reading that article, more like "forced out of UK market by German government and Blackstone". This is not by their choice to "focus more on their US market.."

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I guarantee you are not going to see a Sprint and T-Mobile merger. Look at how many overlapping markets Verizon had to divest because of the Alltel merger. T-Mobile and Sprint basically overlap one another in almost every market. They have two completely different and incompatible technologies. There is really no benefit for Deutch to buy Sprint. They'd be inheriting a lot of problems and a lot of debt for no prospective return.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by metallicpoet
    I guarantee you are not going to see a Sprint and T-Mobile merger. Look at how many overlapping markets Verizon had to divest because of the Alltel merger. T-Mobile and Sprint basically overlap one another in almost every market. They have two completely different and incompatible technologies. There is really no benefit for Deutch to buy Sprint. They'd be inheriting a lot of problems and a lot of debt for no prospective return.
    I agree with you, but they probably will not have to divest any because the combined entity would not be "dominant" in any market. I think that it would be a great idea for T-Mobile to actually absorb MetroPCS and Cricket. The benefit would be that they eliminate the low cost competitors and use them to fight against Boost.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati
    After reading that article, more like "forced out of UK market by German government and Blackstone". This is not by their choice to "focus more on their US market.."
    Right, and that article is more of a highlight. Mobile industry not going, yeah right

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    I would love for them to buy out sprint. Use the spectrum for gsm/edge and expand their footprint a bit. Would be great! And they can put 3g towers in the sprint cell sites. We can have a 3g network that is HUGE compared to now. And while they are at it, lets expand 3g to the entire network! I don't want to have to drive twenty minutes away and be stuck on edge. (and worse if you drive a little further!) Anything less then 3g in all parts of the network is just not acceptable. This is 2009 and i have a 90's network. gprs just isn't acceptable. Get with the times!

If they had 3g in the entire network, i wouldn't have needed to get my sprint evdo rev. a data card! Nothing like getting 900kbps in rural illinois.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HP 211 and SE Z780: SonyEricssonTM506/R3DA Browser/NetFront/3.4 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 JavaPlatform/JP-8.3.2)

I would go against it, because
    DT will lose more than gain, can DT stop losing customers during migration? Maybe
    Most of spectrum Sprint own is 1900, it doesn't help to enhance reception, even FCC may ask DT to divest some spectrum
    everybody is envy about phone selection on UK division, but the phone selection doesn't save them

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I especially enjoyed your last point: There's more to the game than shiny toys; of course, they don't hurt--unless you finance them with debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyedance
    Wirelessly posted (HP 211 and SE Z780: SonyEricssonTM506/R3DA Browser/NetFront/3.4 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 JavaPlatform/JP-8.3.2)

I would go against it, because
    DT will lose more than gain, can DT stop losing customers during migration? Maybe
    Most of spectrum Sprint own is 1900, it doesn't help to enhance reception, even FCC may ask DT to divest some spectrum
    everybody is envy about phone selection on UK division, but the phone selection doesn't save them

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    I hope T-Mobile does not buy up toxic sprint, it would be bad for current T-Mobile customers, new ways to nickle and dime without "raising" current rates. Sprint customers would benefit, at least T-Mobile does better with billing and CS.

4 different techologies (wimax, HSDPA, I-Den, CDMA, GSM) would be too much to integrate at this point.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    To play along... would you spin-off or keep the iDEN network? I'm curious how the write down would play.
    Quote Originally Posted by skippinjack
    Screw that noise. With all the 1900 that Sprint has, just do a pure WELL BUILT OUT 1900 Network baby!

Feedback Score
    You might as well ask if he would rather have a unicorn or a sasquatch for a pet. That is about as likely as a Sprint/T-Mobile merger. It would be a complete disaster for both companies.

T-Mobile making a move for the lower end of the market by acquiring some of the low cost carriers makes more sense, but is still unlikely IMHO.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    If DT bought Sprint, they would merge T-Mobile USA and run the networks as they are, and focus on dropping that stupid WiMax and just running LTE on both 1900/AWS.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    They aren't making money cause they selling high end phones for dirt cheap or even given them free, with contract.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16
    If DT bought Sprint, they would merge T-Mobile USA and run the networks as they are, and focus on dropping that stupid WiMax and just running LTE on both 1900/AWS.
    WiMAX network deployments are approaching 460 in more than 135 countries for fixed, portable, and mobile networks. It is aimed at cost efficient broadband internet access. LTE costs 4-5 times more to construct than WiMAX.

Clearly you are stuck on handsets which is only one segment of the telecom industry. It is much bigger than cell phone hand sets.

*It's LTE and WiMAX not LTE vs. WiMAX big thanks to bigsnake49 for an excellent explanation here

Sprint Keeping It's Options Open On LTE

I take it you have never used current generation WiMAX @ $50 or less per month?
    Last edited by 503ducati; 05-02-2009 at 07:09 PM.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati
    WiMAX network deployments are approaching 460 in more than 135 countries for fixed, portable, and mobile networks. It is aimed at cost efficient broadband internet access. LTE costs 4-5 times more to construct than WiMAX.

Clearly you are stuck on handsets which is only one segment of the telecom industry. It is much bigger than cell phone hand sets.

Sprint Keeping It's Options Open On LTE

I take it you have never used current generation WiMAX @ $50 or less per month?
    i was going to post, but u took my spot

Check out my buyer/seller feedback: My HoFo Feedback

Proud AT&T customer with a grandfathered plan!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast