Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: SOC for free Unlimited HotSpot Calling (@Home Wi-Fi) for Families?

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarlon
    ll. Haven't seen anyone else post a report of a successful call through this so am having doubts. Thank you for posting that.
    almost any t-mobile account can make wi-fi calling, if you use t-mobile UMA phone. I had made thousands minutes wi-fi calls
    T-Mobile - the largest fake 4G network in Americas

HTC HD2 Speed on 3G/HSDPA

T-mobile 3G/H or Pharos 137

My broadband speed

My WM phone is the best GPS now, say good bye junk Andriod

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile | $10 UNLIMITED EVERYTHING + $20 SPEED BOOST
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NexTel32708
    okay... as we see there the @home code is for provisining for lines after the primary has the charge code. so... i wonder if sms is setup the same way. thus getting free messaging too! ya get what i am saying??
    SMS/Messaging is not setup in the same way. It only needs the charge code for the primary line - then automatically provisions all lines on the account.

Where as, the UMA feature needs to be provisioned per line. So that's why this little ''trick'' works.
    T-Mobile. Connecting you when you need it most... disconnecting you when you need to connect with God's beautiful creation! Service is great in cities and highways, but in rural areas they leave you with just your surroundings. I encourage you to get T-Mobile, disconnect for a while!

I am glad that God is not like cell phone coverage. He does not hide behind mountains or loose us down long windy roads. The Lord levels mountains, and He makes our paths straight!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, that make perfect sense. Thank you. But when you look at your account online does it even count the minutes used for UMA like below?

So it just omits the minutes you use over the wifi network? It doesn't even count them (or show the ones you used?!?)?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hi,

Does anybody know if this code (UMAUFTSP) for the free and unlimited wifi/uma calling can be used for an individual plan? Thanks.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, that make perfect sense. Thank you. But when you look at your account online does it even count the minutes used for UMA like below?

Not on my account. When I make a UMA/[email protected] call - it counts the minutes in the appropriate area online. (see below). Glad this works!!

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

Shot down online...

After days of trying I finally got into Tmobile's online chat to try to get the feature added. Regretfully, I was told one of their BS excuses, that the feature was no longer available...looks to me like even with the SOC code we're gonna have to call this one in...

Feedback Score
    I finally got someone to add it to each of our four lines yesterday after trying three times before that over the previous two days.

The first time I sort of made friends with the tier 1 CSR and just innocently told her I had found a code and would she mind trying it for me because my daughter is going away to college in the fall. She said she would and after a minute she said the system accepted it but said it would cost $4.99 per month. I said if she couldn't get the $4.99 to disappear to take the code off. I'm not sure what would have happened had she left it on. I'm thinking it might have not actually shown up as a charge based on what others have said.

So, the next day I called and the CSR wouldn't even try the code and said only the retentions people could use those type codes. So I told her to put me through. I could tell right away I wasn't going to get anywhere with the retentions person. She wanted to know all kinds of stuff that had nothing to do with the situation and when I mentioned that the wifi part would be good in case the reception where my daughter will live is bad, she said we couldn't go any further unless I gave her the address where my daughter would be living and t-mo would have someone go there to verify the poor reception. This is so bogus because where I work there is very spotty signal inside the building but outside the signal is very strong. I have reported this several times in the past and it has never made any difference. This is clearly just an easy "out" for them so they don't have to do anything for you. She pretty much had the attitude that because I'm still under contract I didn't have any leverage at all.

Then yesterday I decided to work on getting a little leverage. At work we have a corporate account with Sprint. I asked the guy in IT where I work what kind of deal I could get. He wasn't sure but guesstimated what the best deal would be and on top of that my company will kick in $50 per month towards the bill. He said I should find out what my early termination fee would be. So I called t-mo and said I wanted to know my ETF. He said why? and I told him I was looking at a better deal from Sprint. He said just a minute and a couple seconds later another guy is on the line, obviously a retentions guy.
    Now the shoe was on the other foot and he was more than happy to try my code which worked perfectly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dublus
    I finally got someone to add it to each of our four lines yesterday after trying three times before that over the previous two days.
    Congratulations!. I just wish I could get the thing to work now. Don't know what I'm doing wrong but can't seem to call out on UMA. I thought that I might need Tmobiles wireless router to make it work until I did some digging and found this tidbit of information hidden deep in their support pages. (pictured below) They won't tell you that you can call out on any open wi-fi router unless you ask. I presume they would like you to consider buying their router before they indulge that information.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Congratulations!. I just wish I could get the thing to work now.
    Make sure that your router has IPSec passthru turned on. Also (particularly if it's a Netgear), try flashing to the latest firmware that your router mfgr. provides...

Feedback Score
    so i got the hotspot unlimited calling feature added, by talking to loyalty a few times, only added to one line not all, i got it for free, but after going thru all that, my phone doesnt even support this feature, but its free so .. o and they couldnt find either one of the codes to add it for free

Feedback Score
    you can use any wifi to call out.
    when you call using wifi and then are disconnected from wifi, your call will still be on and best of all if that happens - your mins are still not being used, because you called using wifi.

in other words, connect to ur wifi in home or wherever, and just leave ryte away but talk as much as you want and not use up any mins, for that call. this is 100% true !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom
    Make sure that your router has IPSec passthru turned on. Also (particularly if it's a Netgear), try flashing to the latest firmware that your router mfgr. provides...
    That fixed it. Thank you for the heads up Had an Airlink router that didn't have the option and no firmware upgrades available. Took your advice from another thread and bought Tmobile's Linksys WRT54G-TM (with the DD-Wrt fw upgrade) and now it works like a charm. Had to get it from Ebay. All Corp and Auth dealers in Valley were sold out. It's also helped my overall reception just a tad...(see below)

(Download speeds before router upgrade were about 5 MBPS at the same distance)

Feedback Score
    I called and have them to add it ... but how can I tell whether I have it or no without a uma phone?

Device(s)
    Note II N7100 Rooted
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm interested in trying to add this code cause I get no service here at work and it hurts me cause my wife is at home with our baby and instead of eating away at our min I'd like to use my works WiFi. But I'm wondering how would you configure your phone once its added?

Feedback Score
    To answer that question we need to know which UMA capable (wi-fi calling) phone you're using. I don't see one in your list of phones.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast