Thread: O2 Network Coverage

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score

O2 Network Coverage

I have no problem with O2 UK until now. There is only one bar or no signal when I am in my house. I have to use other mobile network providers to make a call to O2 customer service!
    I told them my problem where I can't get any signals in my house. The only time where I can get any signal will be when I am out of the house. Even if I am out of the house, I can only get EDGE coverage and not 3G coverage.
    The person on the other end assured me that there is 3G coverage at my area and there is no network problems. I told her 'yes, there is a problem'. The reason why there is no problem is because no one is using O2 at my area!!! Got it??? 3's network is running at 3G because they are using Orange and not O2 anymore. Pretty pathetic for O2, right?
    Anyway, I am stuck with my contract which I like it but O2 should not expect me to get out of my house to make a call!!! What about receiving any calls when I am in my house then? It is virtually none whatsoever! So, what are they suggesting me to do? Put my iphone out of the house and wish no one will pick it up because there is coverage out of my house and not in my house?
    They are such a bunch of pathetic people. No wonder Apple is thinking of allowing other networks other than O2 to get the exclusive of the new Iphone 3G coming soon. Shame to O2!!!

Feedback Score
    Wait, has O2 worked in your house before? If so then you need to push through a network trouble ticket somehow (even here in the US getting network trouble tickets through with carriers from customer service to engineering who can fix them is a very difficult fate, even with the best carriers).

If it has NOT, then you live in a dead spot. Every mobile network will have them and it's not necessarily a sign of an overall bad network. Even the best built network will have some dead spots I'm afraid...

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    Hi

I can never get edge on my iPhone and the 3G signal seams to show from time to time but I have also had to go outside to make a call from time to time.

Alex