Thread: Prepaid Questions

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9900
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score

Prepaid Questions

I am off to London next week and have got my Rogers branded blackberry bold unlocked and pre-paid sim card from Orange ordered.

I have two quick questions:

1.) Do I have to do anything with the service books to get the data to work once I am in London? (ie delete Rogers and somehow send Orange service books)

2.) I see that if I go with the camel plan I have a max charge of 2 pounds per day for data, is there a cap on this or can I use my slingbox mobile?

thanks,

Device(s)
    HTC TyTN
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Superskid, I saw your post for the first time tonight. I have just put up one of my own about data service on Orange Camel plan. How did you do on your trip? Did you get 3G service? Did you by chance get to make a VPN connection? I'm interested to learn how you managed if you were successful - what APN used, settings, etc., and whether you could stay with Camel or had to upgrade.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9900
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It worked out quite well. I got a 3g camel sim card from Orange and everything just started to work. Couldn't have asked for better results.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Im heading out to Ireland, would this Orange Camel (I thought they were brown?) solution be the best for voice/data while over there? I will be going over to Belgium for a while too.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prod
    Im heading out to Ireland, would this Orange Camel (I thought they were brown?) solution be the best for voice/data while over there? I will be going over to Belgium for a while too.
    Orange UK is the only one with PAYG BlackBerry services; everywhere else is just a regular unlimited data plan. If you get a Orange UK sim card, you would be paying roaming data charges for Belgium (living in France, I've experienced this in the countreis that I've visited in EU)