Thread: Aliph Jawbone Prime

Device(s)
    moto A855
    Carrier(s)
    vzw
    Feedback Score

Aliph Jawbone Prime

http://us.jawbone.com/newtalk.aspx

New colors (Blah Blah Black, Coffee Talk, Going Platinum, Frankly SCARLET, 'YELLO!, Drop Me A LIME and LILAC You Mean It)
    New texture
    NoiseAssassin 2.0

"The Best Jawbone® Ever Created - Jawbone PRIME™
    Jawbone PRIME™ brings consumers even better audio quality, improved comfort and fresh, fun color choices. This release continues Aliph's tradition of marrying technology and design to deliver the best Bluetooth headset on the market."

Available May 2, 2009
    $130

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.127 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

Hmmm. Let's hope this one puts them back on track with voice quality.

Though they don't look much different than JB2.
    Last edited by jase88; 04-22-2009 at 09:15 PM.

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    I dunno. That Voice Activity Sensor isn't my favorite thing. I can never get a good fit.
    Air goes in and out. Blood goes round and round. Any deviation is a problem.

Device(s)
    Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, when the Voice Activity Sensor isn't touching your face, the Jawbone goes from great to terrible in a second, in terms of noise filtering. I need a consistent filtering of noise, otherwise, the headset is useless to me.

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    But for those who don't have a fit problem, like me, this could be a good thing!

Device(s)
    Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WirelessAndy
    But for those who don't have a fit problem, like me, this could be a good thing!
    Maybe I'm slicing peas, but I found it wasn't a "fit" issue, but rather was impacted more by body movement. If I sat still, the sensor would work ok, but if I moved my head just a little too much when walking or doing something, the sensor would move off my face and then the headset became useless jewelry for me.

Feedback Score
    They sucked me in again. just pre-ordered. I loved my first jawbone, I would argue still the best indoor noise canceling headset. Just drove me nuts how bad even a gentle breeze was on it. Same thing with JBII which I tried putting the windsock material over the microphone openings which as you might expect was a disaster.

But I will give the new one a try.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase
    Yeah, when the Voice Activity Sensor isn't touching your face, the Jawbone goes from great to terrible in a second, in terms of noise filtering. I need a consistent filtering of noise, otherwise, the headset is useless to me.
    Looks good to me so far. Slash Gear had a killer write up. If the sensor doesn't work Jawbone now works as good as any other headset!!!!!!!!

http://www.slashgear.com/jawbone-pri...ds-on-2241567/

>>As with earlier Jawbone headsets, the PRIME uses the Aliph Voice Activity Sensor (VAS) to monitor speech commands, a small nub that gently touches the user’s face. If that connection is lost, AVAD 2.0 provide a fail-safe mechanism and function as a standard headset using the microphone to cut out background interference.<<

Judging from this picture, the New Fit Earbuds are in the box + the round earbuds. http://www.slashgear.com/wp-content/...wm-480x409.jpg

I'm psyched those are some cool colors!

I sitll haven't found a headset that can beat the previous gens. I'm turning into a fan boy much like I am for Apple.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

what about wind? i fixed the wind on my Plan.925 and am going to work on a solution for my JB1 next via the same foam in mic. hole method but if prime has at least addressed it i may pick one up
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Device(s)
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    Carrier(s)
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WirelessAndy
    Hooaaahhhh.,

Quote Originally Posted by jase88
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.127 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

Hmmm. Let's hope this one puts them back on track with voice quality...
    Here's to hoping...after (how long has it been since J1 was released now?) YEARS...I can retire my J1 .

Quote Originally Posted by mach5k
    ....I loved my first jawbone, I would argue still the best indoor noise canceling headset.....

I can't order this to Canada....ideas? Must I give Steve a call and have him order one for me again? I'll have to ask a friend of mine to order it for me and redirect . Boo. BTW, it doesn't say preorder anymore. Is it readily available now?
    300 @ 5pm●5K SMS●Auto Roadside●Unlim Inc●1000LD●R2RLD●VP●6Gb LTDizzle+credits = <$36
    34+|0|0 119+|0|0

Factory Unlocked 5White32gb, GNote2x2, 9900 LNIB Retired, GS3 for Mobi
    i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 9Gb DDR3
    My Wireless LD FAQ., READ IT!!!
    The Jawbone I, photo-review
    Maybe it's time to update this....nahhhhh

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel to AT&T wireless, to Cingular, to at&t...Leave the name alone will ya?
    Feedback Score
    I LOVED my JB1, but like with everyone else, fit was an issue. Ordered a JB2 and was disappointed. I've tried em all (high end) and will probably give this one a go as well, but surprisingly, everyone says I sound best on my zivio.
    I'm going to wait til it shows up in BB, so if it doesn't work out, I can return
    it easier than sending it back to Aliph.
    Fingers crossed it works out!
    Right now, my only real gripe with the Zivio is that you have to HOLD down the disconnect button to end a call. I prefer just tapping it.

From the photos, it appears the ear bud connections are the same as the JB2, which means the money I spent on the Avery custom ear piece will work
    Last edited by p51d007; 04-23-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Device(s)
    Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p51d007
    I LOVED my JB1, but like with everyone else, fit was an issue. Ordered a JB2 and was disappointed. I've tried em all (high end) and will probably give this one a go as well, but surprisingly, everyone says I sound best on my zivio.
    I'm going to wait til it shows up in BB, so if it doesn't work out, I can return
    it easier than sending it back to Aliph.
    Fingers crossed it works out!
    Right now, my only real gripe with the Zivio is that you have to HOLD down the disconnect button to end a call. I prefer just tapping it.
    I too found myself moving back to the Zivio, for best-in-class outgoing sound quality/background noise filtering, in a natural sounding voice.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel to AT&T wireless, to Cingular, to at&t...Leave the name alone will ya?
    Feedback Score
    LOL, thought I was the only one that liked it

Quote Originally Posted by headcase
    I too found myself moving back to the Zivio, for best-in-class outgoing sound quality/background noise filtering, in a natural sounding voice.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6233
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainBikerMark
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

what about wind? i fixed the wind on my Plan.925 and am going to work on a solution for my JB1 next via the same foam in mic. hole method but if prime has at least addressed it i may pick one up
    That's the one thing I was hoping they would fix with the new one. I love my Jawbone II apart for the wind thing. It does get annoying when outdoors but I have not had an issue with fit with the original earbuds and now the new fit earbuds make it even more comfortable and stable.

Here's what Aliph has to say about wind from their website. Let's hope it works!

WORKS IN WIND

After solving NoiseAssassination in the most severe noise environments, Aliph focused its engineers on the task of eliminating the impact wind has on speech. With their strong background in Digital Signal Processing (DSP) techniques, the Aliph team developed a unique all digital Sensor Signal Fusion system to reduce wind noise

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Hm. A DSP-based wind noise reduction system? We shall see.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast