Thread: Plantronics Voyager Pro

Device(s)
    Storm - Luvin it! :)
    Carrier(s)
    vzw - I'm back, best signal.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cranky
    Back on page 4, looks like he took it back primarily for ear piece issues:
    Thanks, I had read that but forgot as I followed this, and so many other, thread(s)!

I'll probably pick one up when the release is a bit more wide-spread (hoping for lower prices). I just wish they had designed it so the power would go on/off by unfolding/folding the boom. That's a great feature on the moto flips - but never tried one (Motos) with useable sound quality.
    "The only stupid consumer is the one who denies himself enjoyment because of the opinions of others."
    Reconlabtech @ AVSForum

Device(s)
    Emerald SE TM506, Amber SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    FWIW, the earpieces on the 510 works the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by p51d007
    I only had one for 2 days before I took it back, but, if you push in on the ear tip while rotating, it unlocks. At least that is how I got it off.
    I'm really wondering how places like cnet and pcmag test their items. Pcmag I've been a long time reader of and trust their reviews. Cnet, not so sure. But both say the headset sounds excellent. I'm still on the fence for now but we'll see how amazon prices it.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

i agree its not landline like but its consistent on both ends. thats a few and far between on earpieces. i can barely hear the beep beep boop but the persons talking to me come through loud and clear on low. i put the small jelly tip in and it fits more snug than medium and slightlu deeper in my ear. i wonder if the gel like part of a 510 could be pulled from its tip and replace the gel on a Pro ?
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Here are a couple of sound tests with Voyager Pro.

First in my office: http://bit.ly/qyFzE

Then in the car: http://bit.ly/YM3rV

Been a while since I had a head set I liked.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

i just did an accidental test. while yankinh stumps up with my truck i had the phone in the truck in the front yard. i walked to backyard ,over 200'away, to get a wheelbarrow to clean up my mess and the earpiece disconnected just as i got to the wheelbarrow. i forgot i didnt have my phone with me. the house was between me and my phone too.if not for the tone i would have thought the call had dropped on their end. yes it goes over 33'when paired to a Dare

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

did anyone buy the extended warranty at BB? $15 for 2 year warranty that if it stops working its replaced, no other questions asked as long as its not physically in more than 1 piece

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    For those, like me, waiting for a better price - gizmodo says:
    The Plantronics Voyager PRO is available exclusively at Best Buy and www.bestbuy.com for $99.99. The Plantronics Voyager PRO is also available at www.plantronics.com, and will be available in other major consumer retail and wireless carrier stores beginning in late May.
    here: http://gizmodo.com/5224847/plantroni...kills-the-wind
    Meanwhile, amazon has the 510 for $39.99.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8830
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quick question - has anyone with the Voyager 500A (http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...es/voyager500a) tried a Pro with it- I assume it will pair, but can it charge? That would send me to BestBuy tonight

Cheers,
    mj

Device(s)
    moto A855
    Carrier(s)
    vzw
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mj-bos
    Quick question - has anyone with the Voyager 500A (http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...es/voyager500a) tried a Pro with it- I assume it will pair, but can it charge? That would send me to BestBuy tonight

Cheers,
    mj

I don't think it will charge because the Voyager Pro uses micro-usb.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

it should pair just fine as it uses the same profiles but it probably,as stated, wont charge it because of differing charger plug styles

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mj-bos

Cheers,
    mj
    I realize you have an investment in that unit. But, fyi, there are many home-use cordless phones which now have BT so you can connect almost any BT headset to them. If this is the feature you are looking for, you might consider this route or you will be limited to only the headset that works with that unit. The Pro may pair with your Voyager 500A but, as Cranky says, you will have to use a separate charger. Plantronics CS would be a better source for product specific compatibility info.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

did another test today. went bike riding with my toddler daughter on my bike and its a tank beach cruiser so we never got above 10mph and i found that if i had the mic. hugging my face and pointed toward the corner of my mouth it seemed to be more susceptible to wind. i pointed it basically straight into the wind and that did the trick. by putting the foam cover over the small rubber tip i can move the boom in and out with no loss of incoming volume or tone change on incoming sound. i have yet to try it in the 40+mph wind we had early last week that made my 925 totally unusable w/out the mod i made so ill try when im on my mt bike screaming downhill at top speed

Device(s)
    Tour, Pre, Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainBikerMark

did another test today. went bike riding with my toddler daughter on my bike and its a tank beach cruiser so we never got above 10mph and i found that if i had the mic. hugging my face and pointed toward the corner of my mouth it seemed to be more susceptible to wind. i pointed it basically straight into the wind and that did the trick. by putting the foam cover over the small rubber tip i can move the boom in and out with no loss of incoming volume or tone change on incoming sound. i have yet to try it in the 40+mph wind we had early last week that made my 925 totally unusable w/out the mod i made so ill try when im on my mt bike screaming downhill at top speed
    Mark gotta ask? you get that many important calls that you have to have a bluetooth headset and take calls while bike riding with your kid and enjoying a mountain bike ride?

Not trying to be rude just trying to understand.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

i dont normally use one while bike riding. i was just testing it under different conditions. i usually leave my phone at home when bike riding around the area with her or at least no earpieces. i dont normally wear one when digging up bushes but was trying the fit and swinging an axe test when i got my first 8010 i tested it doing all kinds of stuff and posted the results. i normally wear an earpiece when driving mostly but want to be able to use it anytime if needed like if i need to be talked through vehicle or computer repair by my more knowledgable friends etc
    Last edited by MountainBikerMark; 04-27-2009 at 05:36 AM.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

did a noise above 100 decibels test. i could hear fine but dsp went into steroids mode and blocked everything. i guess ill have to stick to my jb1 at work when talking to engineers it didnt budge during ladder climbing test but we got some heavy wind that did get through but nothing like the jb or 925

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast