Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Plantronics Voyager Pro

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tryn2getaclu
    Andy,
    The 510 power button is tiny and I have big fingers. This made it more difficult, than it should be (IMHO) to turn on/off. I pretty much had to find a way to get the edge of my fingernail on the little protruding tip to press that button. That power button was my only complaint on the 510. Can you describe the Pro power button in more detail and maybe even post a picture of the two (pro & 510) power buttons side-by-side?

This is the Pro. I don' t have the 510 nearby.

That little dotted diamond thingy above the button is the LED indicator (blue, red, purple)
    Air goes in and out. Blood goes round and round. Any deviation is a problem.

Device(s)
    Storm - Luvin it! :)
    Carrier(s)
    vzw - I'm back, best signal.
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Andy, I'll look forward to your sound samples when you can post them.
    "The only stupid consumer is the one who denies himself enjoyment because of the opinions of others."
    Reconlabtech @ AVSForum

Feedback Score
    So how does this compare to the 510 in wind?

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Still not great.

But as for making background noise less intelligible, it's good. Not to be confused with air pressure pummeling the mic (wind).

Device(s)
    Droid X2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was finally able to find one at the local bst buy today. After reading such positive reviews on the 510 and knowing that the PRO was supposed to be an upgrade I had to try it. When I took it out of the box I thought that it was huge and going to be uncomfortable to wear with glasses. It charged pretty quickly and paired right away with my MotoQ. I was surprised at how comfortable it really was and didn't interfere with my glasses.

I have been using the new Soundid 300 for the past week and was eager to see which would perform better. I called my favorite bluetooth tester (my wife) but didn't tell her that I was on a new headset. She said I sounded really quiet like I was parked somewhere. I was actually going about 70mph on the highway. Test passed. I haven't had a chance to use it outside yet but after talking on it all day I decided to return the Soundid to AT&T. So far this seems to be the best of all the headsets that I've tried.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

i got one. tested it out while pumping gas with phone in the truck and a slight breeze and while driving after with the windows 1/2 down and radio on for extra noise. i found it to be much louder than 925 did 100000% better at blocking wind blocked muzac and other noises at the gas station as well as all the road noise and i got an occasional bit of the radio voice but not even whole words. my H15 and 925 are going back as the Pro is close enough and the fit is marvelous even with Oakley Mframes on. buttons were easy to find and use w/out looking in the manual
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    So glad to hear that Mark!

Feedback Score
    For those on the fence and debating between the Voyager Pro and Jawbone Prime, here is a great review from PCMag.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2345797,00.asp

In short, they prefer the Voyager Pro in most situations.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

Quote Originally Posted by WirelessAndy
    So glad to hear that Mark!
    i got tired of plan B earpieces and having to figure out how to jerryrig $100 techno products to work right. same with my phones. i got an enV last year because it works right. i got a Dare because it works right. my cellphone is my lifeline at work and home for calls,web,music and video and to have to say "hold on till i can get in a better lab like environment" just wasnt working anymore for me

Device(s)
    Emerald SE TM506, Amber SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm really wanting this now...
    But I just grabbed a 925 a couple of weeks ago on amazon for $50.

The only thing I dislike is the insectoid alien effect on outgoing audio (like when a car passes) Andy mentioned. My wife uses the same headset (925) and it's very noticable sometimes. Everything else about the 925 I absolutely love. It fits like it's dipped in superglue and doesn't come out at all, but I prefer the fit of the 510.

I think I'll wait for amazon to carry it and then wait for a deal to snatch it up. I definitely think I'll end up with it though.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    I just got off of the phone with Plantronics and voiced my opinion that they should supply the earpiece(s) that come with the 510 so the user is able "push" it further into the ear canal like the 510. The main problem when this is attempted, is the earpiece on the Pro "gives" and collapses slightly since it is so squishy. Even though the 510 earpiece does not fit and lock into the Pro I was able to hold it in place for a test and the volume for me was better since I was able to push it further down into my ear canal.

The customer service person at Plantronics was VERY nice and said he was going to log the request and there is a chance they would have these IF enough people requested it.

Outgoing voice quality on the Pro is strides above the 510 in the NUMEROUS tests I have done in the past two days. BUT I am SO spoiled by the incoming audio of the 510....

Device(s)
    Tour, Pre, Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    anyone had issue where the earpiece wont come off or "unlock" I dont want to break it?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel to AT&T wireless, to Cingular, to at&t...Leave the name alone will ya?
    Feedback Score
    I only had one for 2 days before I took it back, but, if you push in on the ear tip while rotating, it unlocks. At least that is how I got it off.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    anyone had issue where the earpiece wont come off or "unlock" I dont want to break it?

Device(s)
    Storm - Luvin it! :)
    Carrier(s)
    vzw - I'm back, best signal.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p51d007
    I only had one for 2 days before I took it back, but, if you push in on the ear tip while rotating, it unlocks. At least that is how I got it off.
    why did you take it back? What did you like and dislike? Which headset do you prefer and why? Thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    moto A855
    Carrier(s)
    vzw
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tryn2getaclu
    why did you take it back? What did you like and dislike? Which headset do you prefer and why? Thanks in advance.
    Back on page 4, looks like he took it back primarily for ear piece issues:
    Quote Originally Posted by p51d007
    That was the #1 reason I took mine back. I've gotten so attached to my avery/pilot stuff ear piece, I don't think I could get use to it....and the 510, I thought fit me perfectly, but, after you get a custom one, it's hard to go back to a "universal".
    Do you think the 925 series can take the avery's? I might give one of those a try (I'm a bluetooth nut...I always look for the newest thing don't we all)

Quote Originally Posted by WirelessAndy
    The Pro does NOT use the same snap-lock twist type earpiece thingy. I tried! It's actually larger in diameter. The 510's earpieces are too small.

Now as for fitting a different ear gel (Jabra or Avery), you may also be out of luck. Why? The Pro's included silicone-style ear gels are like miniature balloons. This is way different than the 925's clear silicone ear gel, which are solid, like bathroom/kitchen silicone caulk.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast