Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Plantronics Voyager Pro

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

shoot i thought 5% is too much. im going to keep using my 925 as a main and find a way to fix the wind problem. ive tried external socks with no success and am now working on something in the mic. hole. i found some... nevermind wrong thread for 925 fix but read the official 925 for my 99% fix
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I got my for $99 in FL.

Device(s)
    Droid X2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know when Best Buy will officially release this headset? I can't find ii in stock in Michigan. No one at the stores know anything about it.

Device(s)
    moto A855
    Carrier(s)
    vzw
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckslayr
    Does anyone know when Best Buy will officially release this headset? I can't find ii in stock in Michigan. No one at the stores know anything about it.
    IIRC official plantronics release date is 4/23.

Feedback Score
    Andy,

I still have a working 510 and like the incoming and outgoing audio. Is it worth it in your opinion to make the switch? If the incoming/outgoing audio is on par with the 510 with decent noise cancellation, I may consider purchasing one.

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daygo718
    Andy,

I still have a working 510 and like the incoming and outgoing audio. Is it worth it in your opinion to make the switch? If the incoming/outgoing audio is on par with the 510 with decent noise cancellation, I may consider purchasing one.
    That's an excellent question.

If you must have DSP on a headset, and you like your 510, then the Pro is a good way to go, in opinion.

I think my ONLY complaint about the DSP on Pro (AudioIQ) is that it makes the background noise sound "alien". Instead of people murmuring, cars passing by, etc, it sounds like insectoid predators from a sci-fi movie. Or mutant crickets.

But this is better than the DSP on the 925, which YOUR voice gets a little "warped" from time to time.

Keep in mind the fit is about 90% like the 510. I wish the earpiece stuck out a little more, only because I'm used to the way the 510 felt.

I hate to say it, but the Pro looks way cool... if you consider the 510 "cool".
    Air goes in and out. Blood goes round and round. Any deviation is a problem.

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Folks, I have a ton of voice samples recorded, but my main laptop is in repair. Once I get it back, I'll be posting audio samples soon.

(You can hear the "alien insectoid DSP invasion" background noise suppression for yourself, and how your outgoing voice on the Pro is amazingly maintained.)

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cranky
    IIRC official plantronics release date is 4/23.
    That's what I heard. And the San Francisco store on Geary Blvd has one left.

Feedback Score
    so no wind shield to add to this one to give added help for the voyager pro? Surprised they could not beat the zivio in wind. I think the BT530 is better in wind than the Zivio.

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Now that I think of it, I imagine it's possible to slip a wind sock on the tip of the Pro... the same one that came with the 510.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel to AT&T wireless, to Cingular, to at&t...Leave the name alone will ya?
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if the Zivio uses DSP, since it has the boom. I was surprised that the 520 didn't beat the Zivio, in my non scientific test.
    What I did was at the shop, raised the hatch back on my work car, to block the wind and my test-E guy was inside his car about 50 feet away. I would yack a little with my head inside the trunk area, then get out into the wind. I let the wind hit the boom from the mic side and non mic side, just to get a good sample. Ran it twice, and he said it sounded better with the Zivio than the 520. I think perhaps the DSP was really squashing the wind (around 20 knots...it was really windy today). Not sure if it would fair better in a light breeze. If you've had a Zivio, you know it has PLENTY of incoming audio. Tried to get them both the same volume level, and the incoming sounded pretty much the same, but the Zivio did have more incoming, but they never were lacking on incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by mach5k
    so no wind shield to add to this one to give added help for the voyager pro? Surprised they could not beat the zivio in wind. I think the BT530 is better in wind than the Zivio.

Device(s)
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WirelessAndy
    OK folks. I'm exhausted.

Since last night I've been recording myself with the Plantronics 925 and the Plantronics Voyager Pro.

Are either worthy of unseating the Gold Standard, the venerable Plantronics Voyager 510?
    What an excellent review...but I have 2 other questions for you, about your new headset.

Two of the strengths of the 510 are its *practical* range and its battery life.

Given its size, I can't imagine that the 925 has *nearly* the battery life, or an antenna of sufficient size to compete with the 510. But, the Pro has enough bulk to implement these factors *correctly.*

How does the Pro fare against the 510, in these respects?

-- Chuck Knight

Device(s)
    Tour, Pre, Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Andy when they looked in NJ it was $99.99 also, but no stock yet

(They also had the 510 in stock at $79.99)

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    One of the biggest strengths I feel the 510 has always had is SUPERB "natural sounding" incoming audio. Andy, you compared the incoming audio of the Pro to the 925 and said they were very close....how do you feel the Pro incoming audio compares to the 510? From what I can remember when I owned the 925, I did not feel it was quite what the 510 has. Thanks for the review so far, my local Best Buy in WI does not have it as of yesterday.

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    An unscientific test showed that the Pro performed as well as the 510 for distance. I could stand on the other side of the room I was in and got no static. Lesser headsets would start to break up. I have no complaints about range.

I am the worst person to ask about battery life because I tend to charge my things regularly before they die out.

The incoming audio sounds just fine on the Pro. I find it funny how my only complaint about incoming audio is how the Pro FEELS in my ear! It feels fine, just different vs. the 510.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast