Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Plantronics Voyager Pro

Device(s)
    moto A855
    Carrier(s)
    vzw
    Feedback Score

Plantronics Voyager Pro

Looks like a real replacement for the 510.

Unboxing pics on Engadget:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/20/p...unboxed-early/

(Below copied from the box picture)
    Specifications:
    Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
    DSP and eSCO for enhanced audio
    Stainless steel WindSmart mic screens
    Fast-charging Li-ion battery
    Multipoint technology
    Quick-pair technology
    Micro-USB charging connection

Up to 6 hr talk time
    Up to 5 day standby
    Up to 33' range
    17g weight
    $120

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    DROOL!!!

WALLET GETTING LIGHTER!

MUST HAVE!

Sorry. That was very un-mod like of me. I must try to get one!

edit: Will try to swing by Best Buy tonight on way home.
    Air goes in and out. Blood goes round and round. Any deviation is a problem.

Device(s)
    Tour, Pre, Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Really curious about this one hopefully a smaller version of my sennheisser , nothing better then boom mics

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Family Talk 700- 5 Lines
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That looks hot.
    ▼Visit my Blog▼

▲..................▲

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

i think i just found the next big thing that i want to replace my 8010 .Andy opinions on ease of button use from you would be much appreciated
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    NEWS FLASH

I have TWO. I bought out the entire stock at my local Best Buy. I bought two in case one is flaky.

The buttons are great! Each has a teeny "click" to them, unlike the 510's hit or miss buttons.

Power on off at the end of the ear lobe. Multifunction button still at the pivot as before, volume at the top.

Comes with different ear pieces- gel and foam.

The thing moves and swings so you can use in either ear. Moves easily, very solid feeling. A worthy successor to the 510 so far.

Uses the micro USB.

I admit- nothing is as easy at the 925 for quickly jamming it in the ear, but if you're a 510 fan, this is second nature.

Charging now. Will test later!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel to AT&T wireless, to Cingular, to at&t...Leave the name alone will ya?
    Feedback Score
    Keep us posted! I'd have to figure a way out to use my pilot stuff custom ear piece I think. I've gotten use to not having an ear hook.
    Seems like every BT I find either has great incoming sound and lousy outgoing sound, or sucks incoming but has great outgoing.
    Right now, I'm still using the Zivo Boom....but I'd go with the "bigger better badder" if it SOUNDS better on incoming/outgoing sound.

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    At the moment my main computer- my Macbook Pro- is in for some repairs. Minor stuff.

Using a backup at the moment. First impression: Incoming audio is plenty sufficient. Outgoing audio in a quiet room is very full sounding. On a whim, I tested it standing 1 foot from a floor-standing electric fan. Well, the fan destroyed outgoing audio. Not surprising!

I notice the boom is actually a little longer than the 510. This is good news for "boom fans" like me!

The interchangeable earpieces come in three sizes: Silicon "balloon" tips. Comes with two foam covers if you want a foamy ear tip instead.

I really like the perforated metal grille on the mic! It's on both sides (face in and face out). I did find ONE minor bug: If you have facial stubble, it COULD catch! I think I got it to catch once.

More later. Will be making recordings tomorrow in car.

Device(s)
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    How nice of you, WirelessAndy...you bought an extra one for the other 510 freak on the board! Hint, hint?

:-)

Bottom line...HALLELUJAH. It looks like Plantronics has finally decided to ditch the stupid fashion stuff, and make a *proper* successor to the 510. I never believed that the 520 was a sincere effort at a replacement unit.

Maybe they read this forum!

We've been saying that they need to return to their roots...professional looking, professional grade equipment that just *works* like it's supposed to, instead of worrying about which shade of pink matches your lipstick. I know it's sexist, but I always thought of the 510 as being less a fashion accessory, and more a "man's" headset. That was (is) its strength, and that's why it became a classic.

Assuming this actually pans out like we expect, this is a VERY exciting day.

-- Chuck Knight

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

chuck,i see more women with 510s than men i guess if they want to look more fashionable they just hide it behind their ear. i hate to plunk down $120 for anything but i paid that much for my 8010 and was not disapointed. will swing by BB asap and return my 925 if the Pro pans out. working right means a lot more to me than small and uber light. the 510 never felt heavy anyway

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I've tried about every higher end BT out there, and still the 510 was one of my favorites. Looking forward to more reviews. I hated giving up the 510. It had the best incoming sound and pretty good outgoing sound. If the 520 holds up, I might retire my Zivo boom.

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Made some initial recordings. I must say- NOT a whole lot difference in performance vs. the 925.

It's a tough call. I'll do some careful listening. But given the 925 is so much easier to pocket and put in my ear, this could be a toughy.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for doing the "road work" on this one! Looking forward to more posts...and possibly recordings on this and the "standard" 520.

Device(s)
    Tour, Pre, Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WirelessAndy
    Made some initial recordings. I must say- NOT a whole lot difference in performance vs. the 925.

It's a tough call. I'll do some careful listening. But given the 925 is so much easier to pocket and put in my ear, this could be a toughy.

tried to get one locally in NJ not due in till monday No stores in our area had them (nth Jersey)

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast