Page 1 of 194 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprint phones on Boost?!? Will ____ work on Boost CDMA? READ THIS THREAD!

Device(s)
    Evo 4G LTE / Photon Q / Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO And Employee Plan
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Sprint phones on Boost?!? Will ____ work on Boost CDMA? READ THIS THREAD!

************* MY 1,000TH POST *************

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen you haven't seen me post on here for awhile because I had been saving my 1,000th post for "something special" lol a special post to count to a "mile marker" on this site. So I'm doing this by posting the following links/videos and screen shot on the forums. Enjoy my thread! =D

Alright Hello ladies and gentleman of Howardforums, Boost Forums and Youtube. I'm writing this thread because I have seen many post and threads made and questions asked on these boards and other places on the internet, asking or wondering can you activate a Sprint CDMA phone on Boost Unlimited CDMA!? Some people say "YES" others say "NO". Well here is my proof that you can activate a Sprint phone on Boost unlimited CDMA and it doesn't have to be only a sprint version of the KRZR or K1M. Also it doesn't have to be an brand new Sprint phone that your activating on Boost. It can be an used phone that has been activated on Sprint. Because the phone I activated was a Sprint Mogul AkA the ppc6800 and it was activated on one my Sprint line at one point until I activated a different phone on there. So I tried to get the phone activated on Boost line when I called to switch my plan from my old grandfathered $55 unlimited talk,text,web regional plan to the new unpromoted CDMA nationwide unlimited plan that's at $50 +tax. Which comes out to about little under $52.00 for me.

Also I would like to say that when you call in to activate your Sprint phone that it really does no good to lie to them about it being a Boost c290 or Boost KRZR or the Boost Motorola W385. Because when you give them the ESN to activate it they can see what kind of phone it is. Because when I gave them the ESN they named the exact phone I had right away. The customer representative I talked to said he can activate it but cant guarantee everything to work. That was fine with me. I also can say that eveything works on my phone also. Calls, text, Data and etc.

Well if you guys got anymore questions feel free to post in the thread.

To the moderators feel free to sticky this thread.

Here is the Links. . .
    (P.S. Sorry If my voice sounds messed up I was a little sick)

My Proof Video Part 1

My Proof Video Part 2

My Proof Video Part 3

My Proof Video Part 4

And here is a screen shot of my plan from my account that shows I have CDMA unlimited nationwide talk text and web. . .

Employee at "The Shack"
    Attention Please Read --->THIS<--- Before You Pm Me About Any Questions Having To Deal With My Thread In The Boost Mobile Forums About Sprint Phones On Boost Unlimited CDMA. Thank you! Enjoy Your Day And Stay On Howardforums.

Feedback Score
    This looks great. Do you think the Htc touch would also work? G reat post.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crusader560
    This looks great. Do you think the Htc touch would also work? G reat post.

thanks man. appreciate it. 5 star ratings on thread would also be appreciated.

but anyways to answer your ? im not sure. i would have to say yes it would work but i for one cant guarantee it working. I can tell you i read people that have activated theres on there. But i havnt yet to try to activate my touch on it because i prefer the kayboard. but if your phone of course is the cdma sprint touch version and it has a clean esn im sure you can get it activated from the information i have gathered and my own personal expierience.

I can also say this is my first non-boost (sprint) phone that i got activated on boost unlimited cdma.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    It works on EVDO?
    Interesting...

How did you set the correct settings?
    WiFi Guru

Device(s)
    Motorola i335
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    i came a bit.
    looking to get the most out of your boost phone but confused how? Hit up the wiki at boosthacks.
    Feel free to contribute!

Device(s)
    Samsun Galaxy
    Feedback Score
    I had a Verizon phone flashed to Cricket. It was an XV6700. Could I re-flash this and use it on Boost?

Device(s)
    TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost CDMA
    Feedback Score
    I was told by a Rep that if the Dec numbers is the same amount of numbers as the W385 and KRZR (Which is 18) or the C290 (Which has 11). They will activate your phone but there is no guarantees for the phone to work properly. How many DEC numbers does your mogul have?

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Nice job, but what exactly was the point of chopping it up into 4 videos @ 3 minutes each?
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wifiguru
    It works on EVDO?
    Interesting...

How did you set the correct settings?

yup it works on evdo.

im actually typing this post right now from the same mogul

and as far as making any changes, i didnt. i didnt touch no settings.. everything worked right away. i tested calls and web and text and all that before i had got off the phone with the person who activated it for me. so no data provision waiting time of like 4 hours.

by the way not only does it work on EVDO i have wmwifi installed on my phone and have used it for internet connection when my internet at home goes down.

so im paying $50.00 +tax which comes just under $52.00 a month for unlimited talk and text and web and the web acts as a bonus backup internet connection with evdo when my home internet goes down for whatever reason like weather.

and to the rest of the post on here ill get to them when i get to my computer. ill answer all post. . .just give me a bit please. . .thanx for the post and feedback. . .remember 5 star thread ratings and on the videos would be appreciated. thank you.
    Last edited by al_capone_x3; 04-18-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Device(s)
    Android, Windows
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if you can activate a Virgin Mobile phone on Boost? I would like to use the XTC on CDMA Boost until i can get me a EVDO phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fryguy2
    I had a Verizon phone flashed to Cricket. It was an XV6700. Could I re-flash this and use it on Boost?

i really cant say without trying it myself. . .

but if its an verizon branded phone than i honestly highly doubt you could.

because technically boost is'nt suppose to even activate sprint phones or they dont wanna not sure which one it is lol. because from what you can see i have proved that you can activate a sprint phone on boost.

the only reason why i was most likely able to do it was simply because it was a sprint phone and the esn to my phone is probably in boost system since as we all know boost is owned by sprint.

so what your asking i highly doubt can or will happen. im 99.9% sure on that. but there always that lil % chance it could happen but i doubt it since it is an verizon phone and sprint/boost dont let other carrier phones onto there network.

*posted from boost phone*

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintfaster
    I was told by a Rep that if the Dec numbers is the same amount of numbers as the W385 and KRZR (Which is 18) or the C290 (Which has 11). They will activate your phone but there is no guarantees for the phone to work properly. How many DEC numbers does your mogul have?

ive heard this somewhere but i cant say its true. and if it is true once again im sure it only applies to sprint branded phones. but ive also read that only certain sprint phones show up on boost side (esn system) that can be activated so if its not one of those phones it wont work even if i does have right amount of numbers in the esn. but im not sure on that since im going off of personal expierience.

but to answer your ? my mogul has 11 numbers in the esn

*posted from boost phone*

Device(s)
    TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, let me clarify. One of the tech support reps gave me that information. And yes it does have to be a Sprint model phone. Ok so that makes sense why your phone works. As long as your phone has 11 or 18 ESN numbers there should not be a problem activating your phone on Boost CDMA. I would think that if Virgin Phones have the same amount of ESN numbers it would work the same. I have the Kyocera Jax and it has 18 ESN numbers. Does anyone know how many ESN numbers the Palm Centro has, that people have been activating on here?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintfaster
    Sorry, let me clarify. One of the tech support reps gave me that information. And yes it does have to be a Sprint model phone. Ok so that makes sense why your phone works. As long as your phone has 11 or 18 ESN numbers there should not be a problem activating your phone on Boost CDMA. I would think that if Virgin Phones have the same amount of ESN numbers it would work the same. I have the Kyocera Jax and it has 18 ESN numbers. Does anyone know how many ESN numbers the Palm Centro has, that people have been activating on here?
    im not calling u a liar or anything. . .im just simply saying with my own personal expierience and reading i cant say its true. however i have heard this before. so yes it can be true. im just not going 2 say its true unless ive done it myself. thats all im saying.

but yes i know it has to be a sprint phone. i know for fact the mogul is one that works.

as far as virgin mobile phones im not sure. you would think maybe since virgin it suppose to be apart of sprint. but i havnt read anyone doing it or trying it.

and as soon as i get a chance ill look at the centro for you to tell you.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary
    Nice job, but what exactly was the point of chopping it up into 4 videos @ 3 minutes each?

thanks.

but the reason behind that was because the original video was a total of about 13 and a half mins long.

that was to long to post up. it wouldnt even give me and error to load it just stopeed trying.

than i tried to split it up into to part at like 6 mins each but the video was still long. this time i got the error "file to large"

so i decided to cut each video in half again making a total of 4 videos and even at that the file was almost 2 large 2 load. and it took forever 2 load. im not sure if thats normal or not but it took like 6 hours 2 load each video clip. i had started at like 10pm the following night and barely got it to finish all them about time i made the post which was like a full day later. i let it upload the videos while i slept and throughout the day.

so lol yes thats the reason behind 4 "3 min clip" videos. lol it was a pain 2 do.

but thanks again man.

*posted from my boost phone*

Page 1 of 194 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast