Thread: Vz Navigator now works on Extended network

Device(s)
    Casio C751 Ravine
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Vz Navigator now works on Extended network

Foe the last 3 years I have come to Tupelo Mississippi and Vz Navagatoe did not work. Neither did Mobile Web. I am here now and both work well and fast and my Banner says " Extended Network" I think this is great. Well done Verizon.

Device(s)
    HTC Eris w/2.1v3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Of course this comes 2 weeks before I am set to graduate from my university, which gives me a 12hr drive to get back "home."

Glad to hear, none the less!
    Nationwide FamilyShare (700) w/unlimited web and email

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by k9bytes
    Foe the last 3 years I have come to Tupelo Mississippi and Vz Navagatoe did not work. Neither did Mobile Web. I am here now and both work well and fast and my Banner says " Extended Network" I think this is great. Well done Verizon.
    I think that may have something to do with Alltel in the area. I go to that area at least every 2 weeks. It now says Verizon Wireless and has EVDO service. Make sure you do *228 option 2 to have this.

Feedback Score
    More than likely this probably has more to do with the Nationwide plans where data roaming in extended network was added so that data could be used in extended network. So, if you previously were on an older plan like America's Choice where there was no data roaming, and then recently switched to a Nationwide plan, that is likely what did the trick.

Device(s)
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    this isn't completely related to working vz nav in extended network areas but my mobile web, vcast, and all other types of data have been working in extended network areas and I am still on an old ac plan. It surely has something to do with alltel because they have already replaced the sign on the alltel building with a big verizon sign. I wonder what they are gonna do with that store because the original corp vzw store is less than a half mile away...