Thread: iphone 3g question ???

Device(s)
    Nokia 6670
    Carrier(s)
    o2 UK
    Feedback Score

iphone 3g question ???

Hi, I am in the UK, I am just about to buy an iphone 3g but have one question, I have a contract with o2, I took it out as it was a cheap monthly payment and got a nokia 5800, if I buy an iphone on pay as you go can I use my contract sim in it or does it have to be jailbroken and unlocked or just jailbroken, sorry if it's a stupid question but I can't seem to find the answer, also does this mean that I still wouldn't be able to update itunes? Thank you..

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Not sure about O2, but in the US, an iPhone 3G locked to AT&T will accept any AT&T SIM, doesn't matter if it's prepaid or postpaid or whatever.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6670
    Carrier(s)
    o2 UK
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your reply thats what I am hoping..

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tanzi57
    Hi, I am in the UK, I am just about to buy an iphone 3g but have one question, I have a contract with o2, I took it out as it was a cheap monthly payment and got a nokia 5800, if I buy an iphone on pay as you go can I use my contract sim in it or does it have to be jailbroken and unlocked or just jailbroken, sorry if it's a stupid question but I can't seem to find the answer, also does this mean that I still wouldn't be able to update itunes? Thank you..
    If you use your O2 sim in it, you will be able to use it on your PAYG iphone 3G without the need to jailbreak it. You only need to jailbreak it if you want to use the phone on other networks. If you have the Nokia 5800 with unlimited web bolt on, you will be able to use it on your iphone.

Device(s)
    HTC Hero
    Carrier(s)
    O2 UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericke
    If you use your O2 sim in it, you will be able to use it on your PAYG iphone 3G without the need to jailbreak it. You only need to jailbreak it if you want to use the phone on other networks. If you have the Nokia 5800 with unlimited web bolt on, you will be able to use it on your iphone.
    So I could buy a O2 PAYG iphone and stick my O2 simplicty sim card in it?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6670
    Carrier(s)
    o2 UK
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Mavericke thats great thats exactly what i wanted to hear...