Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe it's not windows mobile! (iphone surprise)

Device(s)
    iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score

Smile I can't believe it's not windows mobile! (iphone surprise)

Oh.....my......Gosh!! The long and short of it is the iphone has more than surprised me. I've never been a fanboy of any device. I actually hate that word anyway... but I've been attached to WM for 6+ years now. I am mostly emotionally attached b/c it's what I'm used to.

I started becoming interested in the iphone lately b/c of the "apps" commercials, my pharmacy reference software is compatible finally and b/c I wanted to start using itunes for music anyway.

After 24 hours, I can say that the iphone and all the "apps" I've found already have made the transition painless. More later for those interested. But, I want to thank nextel, maevro and JNGold for all the PM's the last couple days. They helped me decide and figure out stuff about a few devices I was looking at. Thanks esp to nextel. He's helped me significantly, more than once.

...There, I'm done. <Heading back to the living room to drive my wife crazy by showing her another cool "app">
    Mike

Eph 2.8

Device(s)
    32gb iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Telcel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewchandler
    Oh.....my......Gosh!! The long and short of it is the iphone has more than surprised me. I've never been a fanboy of any device. I actually hate that word anyway... but I've been attached to WM for 6+ years now. I am mostly emotionally attached b/c it's what I'm used to.

I started becoming interested in the iphone lately b/c of the "apps" commercials, my pharmacy reference software is compatible finally and b/c I wanted to start using itunes for music anyway.

After 24 hours, I can say that the iphone and all the "apps" I've found already have made the transition painless. More later for those interested. But, I want to thank nextel, maevro and JNGold for all the PM's the last couple days. They helped me decide and figure out stuff about a few devices I was looking at. Thanks esp to nextel. He's helped me significantly, more than once.

...There, I'm done. <Heading back to the living room to drive my wife crazy by showing her another cool "app">
    It really is great and it feels even better when you finally find something that works like it supposed to huh ?? congrats on your decision and about the wife thing . . . I know exactly what you mean , I do the same thing every time I find something new

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Glad to hear you landed a winner! Always happy to help.

I only have one concern....since basically the beginning, you and I have pretty much agreed 100% on every device....uh oh

Device(s)
    Telstra HD2 on ATT 3G
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    OK. Please help me out here guys. I WANT to switch to my Iphone BUT there is ONE "app" I can't seem to find. A power off button I can put on my dock or springboard. I can not stand having to hit that power button on top EVERY time I put it into sleep mode.

Please. Why is this simplest of apps not available either regular or jailbroken. Can someone please help me?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3Gs - 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceppc
    OK. Please help me out here guys. I WANT to switch to my Iphone BUT there is ONE "app" I can't seem to find. A power off button I can put on my dock or springboard. I can not stand having to hit that power button on top EVERY time I put it into sleep mode.

Please. Why is this simplest of apps not available either regular or jailbroken. Can someone please help me?
    Yeah, I am surprised that type of App doesn't exist (yet). I just set my device to auto lock after the minimum amount of time.
    PDA Lineage
    Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3),Imate K-Jam,Treo 750, HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Touch Diamond(US),iPhone 3G 16GB,iPhone 3GS 16GB

Device(s)
    iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nextel1996
    Glad to hear you landed a winner! Always happy to help.

I only have one concern....since basically the beginning, you and I have pretty much agreed 100% on every device....uh oh
    lol...you are right.

@Jaime, if you want my treo let me know. Nextel (Jeff) gave me lots of extras that I'll throw in (extra backs, stylus', batteries, screen protector).

My only complaint so far is trying to sync tasks with outlook. Toodledo makes a task app that looks reasonable; however, it only syncs with desktop outlook. I quit using desktop last year and only use from my device or sometimes from the internet version. Otherwise, I'm blown away at all the apps. My pharmacy stuff, Bibles, Money (online banking), social networking, photo uploads. It practically does everything I do on my laptop, except video editing. I do wish it could take videos but I don't want to jailbreak it. I had a near miss the other night with bricking my iphone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3Gs - 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My only complaint so far is trying to sync tasks with outlook. Toodledo makes a task app that looks reasonable; however, it only syncs with desktop outlook. I quit using desktop last year and only use from my device or sometimes from the internet version.
    Are you using exchange?

Device(s)
    Telstra HD2 on ATT 3G
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JNGold
    Yeah, I am surprised that type of App doesn't exist (yet). I just set my device to auto lock after the minimum amount of time.
    That is not acceptable for me. Let say I turn off/put to sleep(whatever you want to call it) my iPhone maybe... 20 times a day? That's 20 minutes of it being on using battery(that we all know it can't afford) a day! If I choose to not reach for that power button. Not to mention if you have a case it's even harder to press sometimes. Heck, why can't I assign the double click of the home button to shut it off?

C'mon already. This is really annoying me. Seriously where the F is this app...

WHERE THE F IS THIS APP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Can you tell this makes me angry?

Device(s)
    Telstra HD2 on ATT 3G
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    You guys, here's what annoys me about the iPhone. The users.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...e+power+button

Especially the ignorant person who posted #14

I posted about a software lock button a while ago and all it was met with was ignorance.

What I love about us WinMo users is the fact we appreciate any and all apps. To me it seems we are more intelligent. How many of us used the software power off on our Touch's? And even if you didn't you wouldn't flame it... Sheesh.

Watch, when/if this app comes out see how many iPhone users will be using it.

A lot.

The iPhone is quite a long device. If you are holding it in one hand(mainly right) and want to shut it off with one hand. Good luck. You risk it slipping and falling and/or you have to stretch your finger to reach it.

Looks like there might have been something.

http://mytriniphone.com/blog/2008/06...ton-on-iphone/
    Last edited by juiceppc; 04-14-2009 at 10:13 AM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Another one migrates away from WinMo. I did the same last week moving to a Curve 8900 and I'm really happy. Few things compare to the feeling you get when uninstalling Windows Mobile Device Center!

The only thing I miss from Windows Mobile is the smart dialer.

Device(s)
    iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    Are you using exchange?
    yes...for now. I'm looking into totally switching to mac @ home. If I do, I'll switch to mobileme, more than likely.

As a f/u, toodledo is working well. It syncs your tasks to toodledo.com and works just as it should. It also has badging which is nice.

Device(s)
    32gb iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Telcel
    Feedback Score
    yes...for now. I'm looking into totally switching to mac @ home. If I do, I'll switch to mobileme, more than likely.

As a f/u, toodledo is working well. It syncs your tasks to toodledo.com and works just as it should. It also has badging which is nice.
    Mike said . . . FU

Device(s)
    Nokia E90
    Carrier(s)
    TDC Mobil (DK)
    Feedback Score
    nextel, I should have my hands on a Mac over the next few weeks and will take a look at the iPhone API for you to see if there is any sort of call that could put the device into standby and then quit the app. I'm guessing the answer is no from my current understanding of how the iPhone treats processes, but if not I'll code something up and send it your way.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3Gs - 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If you do move to mobileme, I would be interested in hearing your take on it over Exchange. I am still with 4Smartphone and MobileMe would be a bit cheaper per year.

Device(s)
    Nokia E90
    Carrier(s)
    TDC Mobil (DK)
    Feedback Score
    If you do move to mobileme, I would be interested in hearing your take on it over Exchange. I am still with 4Smartphone and MobileMe would be a bit cheaper per year.
    I'd stay away from MobileMe. One of the real estate offices I worked for switched from a hosted Exchange provider to MM when they shifted all their mobiles from WinMo to iPhones. I ended up spending hours getting things properly configured with Outlook and then troubleshooting whenever there was some outage or mail loss, and on top of all that, syncing never seemed as quick or pushy as Exchange.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast