Thread: Cell Just Died..

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr2 V9M
    Feedback Score

Cell Just Died..

Well it isn't anyone's fault but mine I'll admit(water damage to the screen now nothing is visible). I now however am in a situation where I need a new phone, pay to get it fixed or just continue using my phone without being able to see the screen (which means just calling and receiving calls). I have until October 31st till my contract expires (a good 6 months). I am a student so I text sometimes so I don't know if I can wait! I was planing on switching over to telus when the contract ended. Anyways is there an easy solution out of this? I wasn't sure if this was possible but I was thinking buy a pay as you go phone then try to get my contract onto it.. If it was possible I'd just buy the UTStarcom 7126 Evolve® Prepaid Phone since it is only 9.99 .

Thanks for input.

~Target182.

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Yeah you can put any MTS phone on your contract, you just have to pay a 25 dollar activation charge. I have done a pay as you go to contract before with no problems...

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    it will work. but the $9.99 plan is after the "airtime credit".
    your upfront cost will be $40 or $50.
    then you gotta call MTS and cancel it...and then do your esn change.
    its a little bit of work, not too much. but a cheap solution.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    What I would recommend is getting a cheap phone of Kijiji and then doing an ESN change. The store in the MTS Centre never charged me for switching ESN's. I would recommend going to that location, so that you don't have to pay any extra fees.