Thread: This is why I left Verizon & why Nazism still is around

Feedback Score

This is why I left Verizon & why Nazism still is around

I left vzn 1 year ago, and never going back ( hopefully)

They have a new 'promotion' guys..

supposedly if you sign a new contract, and pay 199.00 for one of their , verizon-branded phones, you can get your 'business' emails sent you in a timely fashion.

WHOOPI-doo, I didn't know business emails were so much more different than regular emails ! Does Vzn think we're dumbasses?

Or you can pay 0.00 and with NO contract and take your nokia [ or whatever PHONE YOU WANT] and modify the settings to do automatic retrival to get your emails sent to you at 5 or 15 or whatever minutes. FOR FREE !

I like my freedom, I dont need a Corporate Nazi-like Cell phone provider telling me , I can suddently use 'email' feature if I sign a contract . Just offer me the plan for the internet and my minutes, and I'll figure out what applications I need and what phone I want to go. If I cant find it, I can create my own App, but what I do with my phone and which phone is my own personal business.

, I dont need to report to some COrporate team sitting over there in TX. wait for approval to do what i please with my own phone.

This is my personal entertainment PDA, not a continuation of office work.
    Motorola Bravo (current) Dec/10-current
    Samsung Focus (gifted) Nov/10-Dec/10 00:00:30 [90.02]
    Motorla Flipout (sold) Oct/10 -Nov/10 ~NA:00:00 [87.01]
    Iphone 4G (returnd) Aug/10 - Oct/10 ~NA:00:00 [90.01]
    Motorla Milestone (stolen) May/10-Aug/10 ~30:00:00 [90.01]
    BB 9700 (sold) Mar/10-May/10 ~31:00:00 [85.71]
    htc Hd2 (sold) Jan/10-Mar/10 38:00:30 [89.01]
    HTC Hero (retired) Nov/09-Jan/10 50:57:58 [88.95]
    Nokia N97 (sold) Jun/09-Nov/09 48:59:30 [81.01]

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeygambino
    I left vzn 1 year ago, and never going back ( hopefully)

They have a new 'promotion' guys..

supposedly if you sign a new contract, and pay 199.00 for one of their , verizon-branded phones, you can get your 'business' emails sent you in a timely fashion.

WHOOPI-doo, I didn't know business emails were so much more different than regular emails ! Does Vzn think we're dumbasses?

Or you can pay 0.00 and with NO contract and take your nokia [ or whatever PHONE YOU WANT] and modify the settings to do automatic retrival to get your emails sent to you at 5 or 15 or whatever minutes. FOR FREE !

I like my freedom, I dont need a Corporate Nazi-like Cell phone provider telling me , I can suddently use 'email' feature if I sign a contract . Just offer me the plan for the internet and my minutes, and I'll figure out what applications I need and what phone I want to go. If I cant find it, I can create my own App, but what I do with my phone and which phone is my own personal business.

, I dont need to report to some COrporate team sitting over there in TX. wait for approval to do what i please with my own phone.

This is my personal entertainment PDA, not a continuation of office work.
    Please don't put your personal slur remarks in hofo, it cheapens you and us.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Low price, Excellent Service, High Quality. Pick any two, but you never get all three.

Device(s)
    HTC Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Most useless post... ever?
    Sanyo VI-2300 [Free] => Moto Q9c [-$150] => HTC Mogul [free] => HTC Diamond [free] + SERO 500, 400 bonus minutes, free unlimited incoming, unlimited text, unlimited data, Sprint PowerVision, Pick-5, N&W at 5pm, Sprint 2 Home, $5 recurring credit, Free TEP, $200 credit + $1675 credit on phones replaced = $25/month + 6 years free

Feedback Score
    I agree that Big Red is pretty bad (poor coverage, high prices, rude employees, misleading cult-like advertising). But the moment you call people Nazis you have destroyed any credibility you had unless they do, indeed, promote Nazi values - which Big Red most certainly does not. Sorry, but it's true - almost no one reads past the Nazi comparison.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Whoregan
    LOL I just caught my breath from laughing so hard! Terrible post... then I scroll down to that!!!!

Device(s)
    Samsung T201G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markie11
    I agree that Big Red is pretty bad (poor coverage, high prices, rude employees, misleading cult-like advertising). But the moment you call people Nazis you have destroyed any credibility you had unless they do, indeed, promote Nazi values - which Big Red most certainly does not. Sorry, but it's true - almost no one reads past the Nazi comparison.

Are you sure about that????? The leadership of Verizon has not told anyone what political system they believe in, they could be closet Nazis for all we know! Maybe the OP knows something we don't. The way they cripple their phones and only want to serve high ARPU customers, they seem to have a cold, hard streak about them.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Blaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ok, ok..now that's insulting to anyone who works/worked for VZW. Last time I checked Nazis didn't promote diversity and equality. They may have strict policies and procedures, a poor marketing department and cost an arm and a leg, but they're not holding customers at gunpoint (yet). I'm actually kind of offended by this.
    Last edited by lvmychryblsmrzr; 05-29-2009 at 04:41 AM. Reason: spelling error
    To heck with flowers and candy, leave the jewelry at the store, but when it comes to cell phones, I always want one more.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lvmychryblsmrzr
    Ok, ok..now that's insulting to anyone who works/worked for VZW. Last time I checked Nazis didn't promote diversity and equality. They may have strict policies and procedures, a poor marketing department and cost an arm and a leg, but they're not holding customers at gunpoint (yet). I'm actually kind of offended by this.
    Equality is definitely there. The menu of your phone may be equal to the menu in my phone)

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris127
    Are you sure about that????? The leadership of Verizon has not told anyone what political system they believe in, they could be closet Nazis for all we know! Maybe the OP knows something we don't. The way they cripple their phones and only want to serve high ARPU customers, they seem to have a cold, hard streak about them.
    Hmm... I think it's called capitalism.

To be fair, I'd ditch Verizon if there were a similarly performing GSM/HSDPA provider that had plans that include roaming in Canada.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    Verizon. Thank goodness for Page Plus.