Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why the N97 is better than the iPhone 3G

Device(s)
    N95 8GB
    Feedback Score

Why the N97 is better than the iPhone 3G

Here are my reasons as to why the N97 beats the iPhone.

Read about it here
    http://thenokian97.com/2009/03/12/wh...an-the-iphone/
    My Blog

Every beginning has an end and every end has a new beginning.

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, with a URL like that you're not going to be a little biased.
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by migo
    Yeah, with a URL like that you're not going to be a little biased.
    I'd have to agree with that. LOL.
    iPhone XS Max | OnePlus 6
    www.blueearlbrewing.com

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Ill be getting the N97 in the first week!

That phone looks like it has it all.

People need to stop comparing phones to the Iphone.
    The iphone is NOT the best phone on the market.
    With poor quality apps - some that aren't worth the price.
    STRICT app store rules.
    Cannot run apps in the background
    No landscape keyboard.
    bluetooth sucks
    No push email
    Dropped calls
    MANY times it freezes
    Has a limit of apps
    no memory card slot
    HORRIBLE camera!
    no video recording

I can go on!

Yea yea - 3.0 will solve some of these problems.
    But, too little too late if you ask me!

But, don't get me wrong - the iphone has set a precident for all other phones.
    But, it doesn't make it the best!
    Just as one TV maker started making 1080p - doesn't mean it's the best after a year or two at making them.

Wake up people!

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Touch Pro 2,Nokia N82,T-Mobile G1,Nokia E71,Nokia N95-4,HTC HD2,Nexus One,Nokia E73
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    their all good reason but people seem to not like symbian OS here in the States or they dont even know about it. right here in los angeles i notice most people have iphones or blackberry. we shall see how sales and how popular the e71x its going to be.

Feedback Score
    It's the hype Apple created. Most Americans don't know any better. They believe everything thrown at them. It's like a disease.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Touch Pro 2,Nokia N82,T-Mobile G1,Nokia E71,Nokia N95-4,HTC HD2,Nexus One,Nokia E73
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ParthG
    It's the hype Apple created. Most Americans don't know any better. They believe everything thrown at them. It's like a disease.
    Well most advertising its fake to begin with.

Iphone been fastest 3g phone and best browser ( proven that alot of phones are faster and Symbian have flash for websites)
    Android phone Open source ( google dont wanna give Root access to users nor use G1 as a modem under t-mobile rules) How open is that.
    Nokia gives us the N series with crappy bulit quality and high prices.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3gS [32g] White
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by guy369

People need to stop comparing phones to the Iphone.
    ....blah...blah
    But, don't get me wrong - the iphone has set a precident for all other phones.
    you cannot have it both ways!!!

I too plan on trying the N97. I have fixed just about everything on my Jailbroken Iphone, BUT I cannot change the camera. IMHO, that is what holds the iphone back.
    My HoFo Feedback

Palm Centro for sale <----Photos added Price drop <--- $75 shipped

Device(s)
    Nokia N97
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What a worthless post. You're comparing a phone that was released last summer to a phone that's not even out yet. By the time that the N97 is out there will likely be a new iPhone out.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctone
    What a worthless post. You're comparing a phone that was released last summer to a phone that's not even out yet. By the time that the N97 is out there will likely be a new iPhone out.
    i dont think apple would do much to the hardware if they release a new iphone. maybe just throw a few extra pixels on their camera. better resolution i dont see them making an effort on trying to change a good selling device. kinda like what nokia did for n95 then n95-2 n95-3 and n95 8gb.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have no partiality to either phone as I hate touch screen phones. I came in here to post that people need to stop comparing phones to the Iphone, by doing that you automatically make the Iphone a contender when it clearly is not in this case. Let's be mature and compare the N97 to the Samsung Omnia HD or something more on it's level. The Iphone to the basic user compared to a phone with far greater capabilities may be better, but in the end the Iphone had an amazing advertising plan and that's why it has become such a well liked phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanosuke
    I have no partiality to either phone as I hate touch screen phones. I came in here to post that people need to stop comparing phones to the Iphone, by doing that you automatically make the Iphone a contender when it clearly is not in this case. Let's be mature and compare the N97 to the Samsung Omnia HD or something more on it's level. The Iphone to the basic user compared to a phone with far greater capabilities may be better, but in the end the Iphone had an amazing advertising plan and that's why it has become such a well liked phone.
    well in the u.s only cause s60 pretty much dominates every where else. not to say in japan iphone was a total failure to just give it for free. not saying phone its bad but i think its only the u.s that praise it. not only that most people use normal phones so to them a all touch screen was amazing. only people with smartphones knew what apple brought to the table. i think we were the only ones who praise the t-mobile sidekick for years when over seas they were sporting the n73, n80, the motorola mings etc etc. i think in the us we are the only ones behind. i get surprise people buy sidekicks at 250 price but they slept on the motorola zine for 100 bucks the phone its the evil brother of the n82 for a 100 or less now maybe even better than g1.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jose1983
    well in the u.s only cause s60 pretty much dominates every where else. not to say in japan iphone was a total failure to just give it for free. not saying phone its bad but i think its only the u.s that praise it. not only that most people use normal phones so to them a all touch screen was amazing. only people with smartphones knew what apple brought to the table. i think we were the only ones who praise the t-mobile sidekick for years when over seas they were sporting the n73, n80, the motorola mings etc etc. i think in the us we are the only ones behind. i get surprise people buy sidekicks at 250 price but they slept on the motorola zine for 100 bucks the phone its the evil brother of the n82 for a 100 or less now maybe even better than g1.
    I've been a phonophile forever. US phones have always been trash to me. So when the Iphone came out, I started laughing and realized it's amazing sales pitch would work in swaying the people who've never had steak (foreign phones) that a Big Mac (Iphone) was better than a double quarter pounder with cheese (every other phone in the US market). Welcome to amazing marketing on apples behalf.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanosuke
    I've been a phonophile forever. US phones have always been trash to me. So when the Iphone came out, I started laughing and realized it's amazing sales pitch would work in swaying the people who've never had steak (foreign phones) that a Big Mac (Iphone) was better than a double quarter pounder with cheese (every other phone in the US market). Welcome to amazing marketing on apples behalf.
    The phone its not bad its solid. do i think its better than the n97 not quite. iphones plays multimedia n97 makes multimedia thats two different things.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jose1983
    The phone its not bad its solid. do i think its better than the n97 not quite. iphones plays multimedia n97 makes multimedia thats two different things.
    Being a phonophile, you'd want to make multimedia, not play it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast