Thread: would any rep ever waive a $50 rebate?

Device(s)
    Palm 755p - My bastion of hope
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO
    Feedback Score

would any rep ever waive a $50 rebate?

Can I convince a sprint rep to waive a mail in rebate when I re sign? I want a samsung Rant, but I really do not want to pay 100 and wait forever for the rebate to come back... I want to re-sign and keep my sero plan, but I'm strapped for cash! If anyone has ever done this with a re-new please let me know! I'm thinking maybe retentions could do this for me but I'm not sure.

alternatively, my local radioshack has rants for 75 or 80 with a resign so you get an instant rebate but it's less
    Need a sprint referral number? PM me!

SATISFACTORY

Device(s)
    Touch Pro2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Just go up to them and be like "Can you knock $50 off this price and I'll sign a new two year contract". Its worked for me before, I just told them I don't want to waste their time and asked them if they could knock 50 bucks off the price. If not walk, thank them and walk out the store. If it doesn't work try it again another day or another store. It works better near the end of the month when they might be short of hitting their numbers. Plus if they agree you can still get the mail in rebate.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256GB Black/Verizon, iPhone 7 256GB Black/AT&T, iPhone 6s 128GB/T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score
    Again, TWO WORDS: Account Services.
    I am looking to take over a former *Centennial Wireless* Account that was converted to *VERIZON*. Preferably one with a data card, but I won't discriminate if it's a voice plan with a dumbphone/smartphone/whatever. If it's a former Centennial Account and is now a VERIZON account, but still has the Centennial Plan on it, then I AM INTERESTED!

FINALLY reached my 6,000th post on Monday February 28th, 2011 at 2:23 A.M. EST.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    best buy

wal-mart

sam's club

NO MAIL IN REBATES! and much lower prices to begin with

sam's club does the rant upgrades for $49 out the door with a $40 bill credit...and no, you don't need a membership to get this deal

Device(s)
    Palm 755p - My bastion of hope
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO
    Feedback Score
    Ended up doing it with best buy but now I have other concerns... thanks for your help.
    unrelated note. do the $30 plans go up to 50 when you resign? when BB brought up the plan I was on it was a F&F 500 $50 and thats what I resigned on but I chalked it up to a fact that their computers were stupid. guess we'll see next cycle when the resign is applicable.

Device(s)
    Sprint HTC Touch Pro / Touch Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    From personal experiece, I've learnt the following:

My call had been escalated (long story), and I explained politely that I really want to upgrade, but I'm getting conflicting information about mail-in rebate eligibility for the $30 SERO plan. The rep I first spoke to said I was eligible, but the rebate form indicated that my plan had to be at least $35 (I think) per month without extras. I didn't want to risk not getting the rebate check and ending up having spent $300 on a Touch Diamond (which I initially got). I asked her if she could help, or if she could give me an early termination of contract (I had two months to go).

I've been a good customer - I pay my bills on time, I don't call customer service trying to get free goodies. She gave me a $100 credit on my account. If you buy your phone from a Sprint corporate store, they see the credit and you can pay that much less for the phone.

If you want to negotiate phone prices in store, don't bother trying it at a Sprint corporate store. I tried at two local stores and both told me their prices are firm and they have no discretion. Best Buy, however, is a good place to bargain / negotiate. Ask to speak to a manager - I got them to sell me the Touch Pro for $250 (Sprint stores sell it for $299 after Mail-In-Rebate).