Thread: razr2 v9m usb door

Feedback Score

razr2 v9m usb door

im almost sure i came across this on the forum but i cant for the life of me find it now. the little flap that covers the mini usb door has come apart. there seems to be 2 pieces to this and the outer hard plastic part has come off. is this piece repairable? looks really ugly without it.

thanks

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yah you can replace it. I've found a replacement online somewhere, try a google search

Device(s)
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    ^^^exactly, I've replace mine about twice already seeing as I bought 5 of them for myself and 2 buddies when I did track them down. I forget where I grabbed mine from also, all I do know is it came from Hong Kong tho because it took about 10 days to get them. Altho I do need to look around again myself as I now need a different color one for my Telus v9m also just been to busy to deal with it. If I find anything I'll post back but I'm really in no rush seeing as I'm not currently using either of my v9m atm.

Feedback Score
    well thats good news....

what is involved in replacing this part? seems that the entire phone needs to be taken apart to replace this piece?

thanks

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m00sehead
    well thats good news....

what is involved in replacing this part? seems that the entire phone needs to be taken apart to replace this piece?

thanks
    No, it's not bad, really. You remove the grommet under the keypad, then unscrew those screws, along with two screws below the battery compartment, pull the rear housing, and replace the part.

It's pretty simple.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    heck I didn't remove anything just pull the thing out it's rubber with a split in the center of it. Then I just held the new one with a pair of small needle nose and push the new on into the same slot and was good to go. IMO not need to take anything apart on the device. Once you see the replacement you'll get a better idea of what I'm saying.

Feedback Score
    i found a place that sells the usb cover gromet...however they do not provide any directions or instructions on how to do this. im hessitant on buyiny iy till i can find directions on how to swap it. im not very technically or troulbe shooting minded but i can do it provided i get a how to on this. can one of you guys post a link on how to replace this? or send me to a place in the new york city area where i can go to have it done.

i know you guys think its easy but ive never even taking anything off besides the battery door

thanks

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    there is no instructions I've seen posted anywhere. I just pulled the old one out and pushed the new one right back into the same slot, it was as easy as that.