Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to This Forum?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3Gs - 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC_S60_Fan
    LOL, it's all in good fun. me and JN are good friends.
    Yup.

With the exception of displaying Flash content, surfing using safari is a more pleasureable experience than any WM browser that I have used (PIE, Opera Mobile 8.5/9.x, Opera Mini, Skyfire). I liked the latest builds of Opera mobile but using Safari is just sooo much better. Also the switch to landscape blows away anything the Diamond was able to do.

As far as apps are concerned, how long has the WM community screamed bloody murder that a decent fb app didn't exist on WM and existed on Apple? The same goes for twitter.
    PDA Lineage
    Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3),Imate K-Jam,Treo 750, HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Touch Diamond(US),iPhone 3G 16GB,iPhone 3GS 16GB

Device(s)
    Streakin w/16gig
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JNGold
    All the while waiting for the spinning pin wheel to load up a crappy facebook or twitter app!
    hrmm well could it be the app itself? i mean seriously twitter? bah ;-)~
    affect change and churn baby churn

want to contribute to a ringtone collection? want to archive and be able to get others archived rings? im planning on putting together a nice lil collection of users rings just email [email protected] your rings and ill put them together in a lil zip for all free of course.

the unofficial howard forums user contributed ringtones.

howard.f # 2 unofficial ringers user contribs

1000th post 4:55 pm 5/7/2007

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yup.

With the exception of displaying Flash content, surfing using safari is a more pleasureable experience than any WM browser that I have used (PIE, Opera Mobile 8.5/9.x, Opera Mini, Skyfire). I liked the latest builds of Opera mobile but using Safari is just sooo much better. Also the switch to landscape blows away anything the Diamond was able to do.

As far as apps are concerned, how long has the WM community screamed bloody murder that a decent fb app didn't exist on WM and existed on Apple? The same goes for twitter.
    as far as just uploading pictures, I understand that and the uploader program I have takes care of that. but for anything else, it's nothing a browser can do.
    From the HTC Magician to the One X, I'm one of the HTC OG's.

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 3D
    Carrier(s)
    the now network
    Feedback Score
    Yup.

i dont know jerry i think iris is a awesome browser, and can compete against the safari browser has all the same functions,plus supports/uses flashlite3. i can play/use web based games and apps using iris on my touch pro and my vouge.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3Gs - 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina
    i dont know jerry i think iris is a awesome browser, and can compete against the safari browser has all the same functions,plus supports/uses flashlite3. i can play/use web based games and apps using iris on my touch pro and my vouge.
    You got to be kidding me. I used the IRIS browser just before I sold my Diamond and it blew chunks! Zooming was terrible, text formatting was bad, it was slow as crap. End of story was that I uninstalled it about after 10 minutes of using it.

Sorry, dude but nowhere in the same league. That comes from experience.

Device(s)
    HTC HD2, Nokia N97 & LG Expo
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You got to be kidding me. I used the IRIS browser just before I sold my Diamond and it blew chunks! Zooming was terrible, text formatting was bad, it was slow as crap. End of story was that I uninstalled it about after 10 minutes of using it.

Safari is nice but the Iris browser has really matured in recent updates. I also use it almost exclusively. It can truly be considered a top contender now.

BTW, that also comes from experience.
    I'm a Smartphone Snob.

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 3D
    Carrier(s)
    the now network
    Feedback Score

its come a long wait its been updated and the zoom is fine. if you have a gsenor phone it has the auto rotate feature, you have to modes to choose from one is desktop and the other is mobile. in the mobile mode you can view almost all iphone pages like you would on the iphone. a good example is flickr. iris also has the same double tap zoom as the iphone. double tapping the text on the page wraps then all to view in a colum like the iphone same with the images. what else is it missing? it does flash video and has the ability to save images and save files

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    We now get two weeks of posts on page one. Gotta admit I'm kind of sad. I don't post much lately because I'm happy with my device but I still check in once a day.

I've been around since '05 and now it's more or less a ghost town around here. Can a few of you old timers (or regulars) just chime in so we know everyone's at least checking in once in awhile? How about just posting "Present" so we can get an idea who's still lurking? Where's Evans? Where's Paul? Where's Spartan Rob? I haven't even seen the Junkie around lately...

Device(s)
    Nokia E90
    Carrier(s)
    TDC Mobil (DK)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nextel1996
    We now get two weeks of posts on page one. Gotta admit I'm kind of sad. I don't post much lately because I'm happy with my device but I still check in once a day.

I've been around since '05 and now it's more or less a ghost town around here. Can a few of you old timers (or regulars) just chime in so we know everyone's at least checking in once in awhile? How about just posting "Present" so we can get an idea who's still lurking? Where's Evans? Where's Paul? Where's Spartan Rob? I haven't even seen the Junkie around lately...
    Present, but mostly in the Symbian forums or out in the real world working & studying. Since I got my E90 I've been pretty happy with my phone and haven't seen any WM devices that jump out at me, however, once WM7 comes to public fruition you can be sure that I'll be back and as active as ever.

Device(s)
    T68i Past
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile UK & USA
    Feedback Score
    Having seen this happen to the Psion way back then, Im vey dissapointed with WM direction. Dell Axim x50v was a device way ahead of its time, if only Micr$oft alowed device makers to help develop he OS
    http://www.docsboard.com

The Best Physician Discussion Forum

Device(s)
    Streakin w/16gig
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    we are still here. think we just mainly keep to the ot section. if i see something i can help with in here ill try. but othrer then that nothing for me to add.

Device(s)
    BB Storm & Bold
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Still here...gotta fix my sig though just got a bunch of new devices
    Currently own (Yes all at once):
    On Verizon
    BB Storm, Samsung Omnia (Just sold!)
    On AT&T
    BB Bold, iPhone, Treo 750, Treo 680, Qtek 9100, Qtek S200, Cingular 3125, Samsung Blackjack, Blackberry Curve, AT&T Tilt

My HoFo Feedback

Feedback Score
    Lurking in the shadows...

Device(s)
    iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    present (if I count?)
    Mike

Eph 2.8

Device(s)