Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: GLYDE Refresh Information and Reviews

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Is the touchscreen better than the Voyagers? With ll of the good things I'm hearing, this might be an option for my annual upgrade in July.

Device(s)
    Samsung Glyde
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would watch this forum and wait as long as you can. The touchscreen is very nice now. I'd say about 95% accurate. And some of the errors are probably me. I've never had a Voyager and can't tell you the answer to your question. By the beginning of July this board should be able to tell you if you need to try the Glyde or not.

I'm taking a wait and see approach with mine. I had my original for about 3 months before my problems started and then got worse.

Feedback Score
    i am SHOCKED. i just exchanged my old glyde for a refresh and it is perfect. I have had no problems. no nonexistent new text, no touchscreen jumping, no not displaying my text, and no jumping around while texting. it is awesome. I will report back with any problems, but i hope not i love this phone

Device(s)
    Samsung Glyde
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Argh, wasn't really planning on getting a new phone so I didn't really do any research upfront... But, I went in to a corp store and bought a Glyde today and it's a .10. Also s/w BI29. Hmph, guess I'll try again on Monday - definitely not too impressed with the touchscreen so far.

Device(s)
    LG enV touch
    Feedback Score
    Well, my story is going to echo many of the other ones: got the original glyde when it first came out. after awhile the touchscreen started to go crazy, so I got the firmware update. the update seemed to fix it most of the time, but it started to act up again on a regular basis after just a few months. i was going to go back to my old cell phone when i stumbled on this thread. WOW! i'm glad i did. the new refresh is awesome. this is how the phone should have been at launch. it is a great phone now -- have had the phone for three days now, and still NO touchscreen issues at all.

two concerns have popped up in this thread -- if the sliding works okay (like when you scroll through contacts) and the usability of the "new" resistive technology. first, with my phone, scrolling seems to be fine. not great, but as long as you are paying attention to what you're doing, it will be more than okay. with the resistive screen, i do have to admit that it seems like i have to tap a little bit harder, but it's really not that big of a deal. i would much rather have to tap slightly harder than to have a touchscreen that has a mind of its own.

FWIW...

*edit* when i heard about the new hardware, i just went to the local vzw store and asked if i could get the refresh since i was still having touchscreen issues. the employee pushed for me getting the newer firmware update, but i flat out said "i know about the glyde refresh, and I would really appreciate trying that out instead of doing another firmware update...could you please check to see if you have any in stock?" the employee said yes, and the rest is history.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I ordered the Glyde this week from VZW online and got it Friday. The one I got came with FW BK14 but with a HW version of U940.08. I was rather disappointed to not get U940.11 after everything I've read about it in this thread but I haven't had any problems so far and I've been using it pretty extensively since I got it.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frail
    I ordered the Glyde this week from VZW online and got it Friday. The one I got came with FW BK14 but with a HW version of U940.08. I was rather disappointed to not get U940.11 after everything I've read about it in this thread but I haven't had any problems so far and I've been using it pretty extensively since I got it.
    I noticed an improvement in my .09 version with the BK14 update, but decided that if they changed it to resistive they did it for a reason. So I swapped mine out and am glad I did it. Just my .02

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (frail's: Mozilla/5.0 440x240 Samsung SCH-U940 NetFront/3.4)

Quote Originally Posted by LTV3m
    I noticed an improvement in my .09 version with the BK14 update, but decided that if they changed it to resistive they did it for a reason. So I swapped mine out and am glad I did it. Just my .02
    Mine seems to be okay so far. If I have problems down the road I can always swap it out then.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (frail's: Mozilla/5.0 440x240 Samsung SCH-U940 NetFront/3.4)

Mine seems to be okay so far. If I have problems down the road I can always swap it out then.

Makes sense. In my case, I was almost at the end of my warranty, so I figured better safe than sorry.

Feedback Score
    ok, i have the new refresh now. The touch screen is definitely a lot better, although when scrolling I tend to now accidentally click random items and such. Not as much of a problem as the old screen not working at all though.

But now this problem is out of the way. My question is, will there ever be mobile aim 3.0 for this phone? I use AIM a lot of my phone and having only 30 buddies present at a time is quite annoying compared to my whole list. The versa has a full buddylist, will we be lucky enough to have it on the glyde too?

Feedback Score
    I am on my second Refresh now, both of which have had a different (but equally annoying) issue with the touchscreen compared to the original (capacitive) touchscreen units. The Refreshs will freeze the screen COMPLETELY: for example, I called VM, then went to put in my password. No response from the screen. I then noticed that the Call Timer had even stopped, even though the call was still active (voice was still prompting me for my password).

So for those of you who are now using the Refresh, I caution you to look out for this issue. For those that are considering the Glyde, STAY AWAY!!!!

Device(s)
    LG Env Touch (me)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    nobbyv
    How long have you had the Refresh? The first one...
    And could you post your firmware version?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellntn
    nobbyv
    How long have you had the Refresh? The first one...
    And could you post your firmware version?
    Just got my second Refresh yesterday. Had the first one three days. Firmware rev on current one is newest, BK14. Didn't check the last Refresh I had, but I am confident it was the newest based on new screen layout, etc.

Device(s)
    LG Env Touch (me)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That's Carazy dood,
    I've had my Refresh for 2 or 3 weeks and it works flawlessly.

Device(s)
    moto A855
    Carrier(s)
    vzw
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nobbyv
    Just got my second Refresh yesterday. Had the first one three days. Firmware rev on current one is newest, BK14. Didn't check the last Refresh I had, but I am confident it was the newest based on new screen layout, etc.
    What's the hardware version?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast