Device(s)
    LG Env Touch (me)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

GLYDE Refresh information here.

I ordered my Glyde REFRESH today.
    I spoke with a very nice VZW tech and she had these specifics:
    Major improvements were made in the sensitivity level and over functionality of the touch screen. No changes were made to menus.
    Extended the touch border recognition, edges not harder to select like now.
    Shortcut menu functionality to transition quicker not as choppy.
    Change to responsiveness of icons when pressed.
    Improved transition to shortcut screen and widtet tray and widget shortcut sensitivity
    Improved reponsvieness of shortcut arrow moved in and out.

She said the literature states that there was a hardware change, but she didn't see it.
    Mine will be here in two days.
    Just FYI!

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Bonic XT875
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So what exactally is the Glyde Refresh? A new version of the Glyde? Hardware wise?

Sorry I haven't kept up with the Glyde.

Device(s)
    LG Env Touch (me)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    APPARENTLY, it's Samsung's newest version of the Glyde. Historically, the Glyde has been fraught with touchscreen problems. Although, mine has worked near perfect. I love the formfactor and design of the Glyde.
    The tech support lady told me the information I posted above and said they also had released a statement saying the Refresh had new hardware. But, she said by looking at the specs, all of the hardware appeared the same. That said, she said the touchscreen "might" be different material.
    Dunno, I'm excited to get my new one in a couple of days.

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    On the back label (or in the software), you might want to check and see what the Hardware Revision number is.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    LG Env Touch (me)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    WOW, over one hundred hits on this one subject in less that 24 hours.

Feedback Score
    Ok, here is the question i am curious about. What about current glyde owners? I just got mine last week, and absolutely love it. I have no problems out of it, but these new features sound pretty sweet and would possibly like to have one. Verizon have any plans to try and get current glyde owners to switch to the new model for a discount? When my last phone was discontinued, verizon called me for a week trying to offer me new phones, I gladly waited till the glyde got updated and problems solved. If any verizon reps have any info, it would greatly be appreciated, though if the hardware is the same, might not be worth more money. What does everyone think?

Device(s)
    Moto V325, LG VX5200
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    The change is that the screen was changed from capacitive to resistive. That's the only change. The other "features" in this refresh are also available on the old model with new firmware.

Feedback Score
    Why the heck would they do that? Capacitive technology is awesome. The only problem was they didn't use a glass or hard plastic screen.

Device(s)
    Lg enV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I don't understand why they would go from capacitive to resistive unless the screen is now like the Versa's.

Device(s)
    samsung sch-a970
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I want to get a Glyde but want to make sure I am buying the newest hardware model. How would i make sure it's the latest "refresh" version?

Device(s)
    Moto V325, LG VX5200
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    Press buttons on the screen with your fingernail. If it works, it's resistive and the refresh. If it doesn't, its the old model.

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by woshi
    Press buttons on the screen with your fingernail. If it works, it's resistive and the refresh. If it doesn't, its the old model.
    But if a person orders a Glyde from the Verizon site, it's a gamble as to which version they get.

Found this:
    https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf

Device(s)
    Moto V325, LG VX5200
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    Good point. Thanks FAUguy.

Device(s)
    LG Env Touch (me)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jjb3u
    Ok, here is the question i am curious about. What about current glyde owners? I just got mine last week, and absolutely love it. I have no problems out of it, but these new features sound pretty sweet and would possibly like to have one. Verizon have any plans to try and get current glyde owners to switch to the new model for a discount? When my last phone was discontinued, verizon called me for a week trying to offer me new phones, I gladly waited till the glyde got updated and problems solved. If any verizon reps have any info, it would greatly be appreciated, though if the hardware is the same, might not be worth more money. What does everyone think?
    I am still in my 30 days on my Glyde. I called them and they matched the price of the online Glyde.

I called back two times and talked to two diff people (intenionally cause u know how they can change their stories) and all said mine was the Refresh.
    Should be at my house later today.

Device(s)
    LG VX9200
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I do the same thing... I tend to get different "opinions" from VZW reps when I talk to them. That or they simply don't know and you need to get a different person.

I went into a store the other day and asked a very cocky rep about the refresh and he said that it didn't fix it much. I'd like to believe what the reps in there say, but I HIGHLY think that as of a couple of days ago, even the VZW reps had no idea what this REFRESH actually did. My gut tells me the guy I spoke to was thinking of the software change or a new software change.

He was highly against the Glyde.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast