Thread: stay away from Chris Garry aka nokiaboi/agent bristow/cosmic raver

Device(s)
    iPhone 3Gs WHITE (with my BB9700 on the side)
    Carrier(s)
    cityFIDO (best in the world, unlimited all the way)
    Feedback Score

stay away from Chris Garry aka NokiaBoi22/agent bristow/cosmic raver

I bought a couple of phones from him before and there was absolutely no problem.......He would ship it FEDEX overnight and I would have it next day. He had already delivered a couple of phones so I figured he was an OK guy to deal with. Anyways, Wednesday morning, June 4, he calls me up and tells me he's got a couple of Nokia 7250, and if I was interested, price is $960 US. He wanted me to do the Western Union transfer for the amount, but since I did not have that much cash to spend, I agreed to transfer half instead. Actually I told him that I cant transfer until the next day when the phones were in my hand. But he told me that he's working with a partner on this one and promised his partner half. SO I agreed to transfer $480.00. I had no problem with this as I had spoken to him countless times and he had always delivered on his promises. I did the Western Union transfer and throughout the whole night, the FEDEX number he gave still did not show up. Its now Tuesday night and I still do not have the phones. I've left about 30 messages on his phone and PM'ed him numerous times here. No reply. Someone did answer his phone yesterday, but when I said, ' is this Chris', the person just disconnected the line.........NOw I found out that he has done this exact trick to a couple of people here. OUCH.....I hope someone gets him soon, because he will probably come back here again and do it to someone else. I think he uses his P800 to check his PM here. That's what he told me anyways. Here is his current info. The phone number is still good as I just called and I still get his answering machine. SOmeone please whose got contacts in the Jacksonville Sheriffs office, please do something about this.......

Chris Garry
    (904) 728-4131
    860 Ontario St
    Jacksonville, FL 32254
    other phone numbers ( but I think its fake)
    904 389-1036
    904 237 0589
    Last edited by blahzay; 06-10-2003 at 10:11 PM.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    what?????? this cosmic raver guy is still alive?????????
    nokiaboi is his new identity on Howard Forums!! ??
    MODS!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE BAN HIS IP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'M SO PISSED!!
    **100% POSITIVE!!**
    My Feedbacks:
    HoFo, ,

Device(s)
    whatever
    Carrier(s)
    love live fido.
    Feedback Score

FRICK I HATE SCAMMERS.

im suggesting this to EVERYMEMBER ON HOFO
    FACE TO FACE DEALS. TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM SHIPPING AT ALL COST.

for my mistake im now broke without my s300. and i'll be using a c333 for probably the next year.
    Contact thru pm!

100% Positive / 0% Negative
    _-My FeedBack-_

Carrier(s)
    Fido, So-net, China Mobile HK,B-Mobile(Japan)
    Feedback Score
    If there are multiple victims and the scams keep coming, the police will most likely give it a more serious look.

Device(s)
    Sony P900; Sharp GX-22; Sony Z600; Nokia 7250i; NOkia 6100
    Feedback Score
    wow....does he have feedbacks on hofo?