Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 52 of 52

Thread: Simply Everything Plan Only?

  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Charm City
    Posts
    493
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i'm a SERO customer (for my wife's phone) and as much as i like the plan, there are some clear side effects that have developed as a result of it's offering. not only are a ton of people with SERO double & triple dipping by adding all sorts of extra perks and unauthorized discounts....but it's birthed a hoard of sniveling babies who feel they are enititled everything on their terms. you're getting a steal of a deal as it is...is that not enough? work within the parameters set up and get over yourselves.

    the Instinct, BlackBerry, and (most likely) the Pre will NOT be allowed onto sero plan holders' accounts...GET OVER IT. if you want one of the 3 phones listed in the prior sentence...CHANGE YOUR PLAN.

    the end

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    69
    Device(s)
    Iphone 3gs 32gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jamestan
    i'm a SERO customer (for my wife's phone) and as much as i like the plan, there are some clear side effects that have developed as a result of it's offering. not only are a ton of people with SERO double & triple dipping by adding all sorts of extra perks and unauthorized discounts....but it's birthed a hoard of sniveling babies who feel they are enititled everything on their terms. you're getting a steal of a deal as it is...is that not enough? work within the parameters set up and get over yourselves.

    the Instinct, BlackBerry, and (most likely) the Pre will NOT be allowed onto sero plan holders' accounts...GET OVER IT. if you want one of the 3 phones listed in the prior sentence...CHANGE YOUR PLAN.

    the end
    I have sero and use my BlackBerry on it!

  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Charm City
    Posts
    493
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    lol

    it's not supposed to work on SERO...but you obviously found a way to circumvent the system.

    honestly, that's fine and definitely enjoy it. though it's unlikely it will ever get cut off, don't go starting thread on here about how you're mad at sprint because they figured things out and decided to not allow your BB to work on a SERO plan anymore. it was never intended to be allowed on there anyway.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Fort Atkinson
    Posts
    54
    Device(s)
    EVO 4G, Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jamestan
    lol

    it's not supposed to work on SERO...but you obviously found a way to circumvent the system.

    honestly, that's fine and definitely enjoy it. though it's unlikely it will ever get cut off, don't go starting thread on here about how you're mad at sprint because they figured things out and decided to not allow your BB to work on a SERO plan anymore. it was never intended to be allowed on there anyway.
    Wow, why are you so bitter? Not all of the people on SERO are trying to "work the system".

    The SERO plan worked just fine for me when I tried a Blackberry pearl and required no special rigging to make it happen. The only caveat was that along with the $30 for SERO you had to pay the extra $20 or $30 for the BIS service.

    Back to the Pre, the one and only reason I'm with Sprint is because of SERO. I was a customer of Sprint's many years ago and swore I would never come back, but as the saying goes, everyone has their price. I'm looking to upgrade my phone and would love to get a Pre and feel that Sprint is foolish not to allow everyone to buy a new Pre and lock them in for 2+ more years no matter what plan they're on. However, if in the end I can't get the Pre on SERO I'll probably just get the HTC Pro.

    I'm hoping Sprint remembers one thing, $30 a month is more than $0 a month. The service they provide me costs them very little. Keeping me as a customer is money in the bank.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    894
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TProphet
    I don't have SERO. I have a regular Sprint retail plan that includes EV-DO. And I'm tired of my bill going up $10 here $20 there $30 somewhere else every time that Sprint touches my account.

    They've taken away my loyalty discount, because they don't value my loyalty anymore evidently. They added on a whole bunch of junk fees. And now this. I pay over $100 a month for my current family plan, and I'm not interested--particularly in this economy--in turning it into a lot more unless I get superior value out of the deal.

    The iPhone offers superior value. Hands down. It's not really the phone or the network, it's the entire developer and applications ecosystem that has grown up around it. Plus it's easily unlocked so I'd have one device when I travel internationally; Sprint still hasn't managed to ship a usable device with similar capability.

    I really like the Sprint network with its roaming capability, but I currently carry an AT&T prepaid as my backup phone and Sprint as my primary. I could carry a CDMA handset for roaming just as easily, since I'm already carrying two phones.

    Seriously folks, I'm the kind of customer Sprint should be trying to keep--someone who spends over $100 a month, has been with Sprint since the first day of wireless number portability being available, and isn't on a give-away-the-store plan. It's entirely within their rights to charge whatever they like for whatever poor level of service they choose to deliver, but this overall looks like an awfully poor value to me.

    Sprint can keep all of you guys who seem to think they should charge ever higher prices for ever less service. E.g. Sprint employees, while paying customers like me jump ship.
    It sounds like Sprint isn't for you.. Good luck with whatever you choose.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    69
    Device(s)
    Iphone 3gs 32gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jamestan
    lol

    it's not supposed to work on SERO...but you obviously found a way to circumvent the system.

    honestly, that's fine and definitely enjoy it. though it's unlikely it will ever get cut off, don't go starting thread on here about how you're mad at sprint because they figured things out and decided to not allow your BB to work on a SERO plan anymore. it was never intended to be allowed on there anyway.
    Yes it does work and I am not circumventing the system as you say. All you have to do is switch to Sero Voice only and then you can add BIS or BES pack whichever you want. I just happen to get the BIS pack for free.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    440
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tpdtopcop
    Yes it does work and I am not circumventing the system as you say. All you have to do is switch to Sero Voice only and then you can add BIS or BES pack whichever you want. I just happen to get the BIS pack for free.
    Yep you are correct. They added Voice Only SERO for the SOLE purpose of supporting BlackBerrys.
    Who is coming back? I think its "tweak" time
    If you want to talk to me and find out what is going on in my world you can add the SprintGurus Facebook as a friend.
    SprintGurus Facebook

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Bookmarks