Thread: Lose rollover minutes when adding a line to a family plan?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Lose rollover minutes when adding a line to a family plan?

My parents recently merged their individual lines into a family plan. This was a couple of bill cycles ago. Somehow they retained about 9,000-10,000 rollover minutes (even though going to the 2,100 plan). Those rollover minutes stayed intact through at least one billing cycle.

The last billing cycle, they added my brother's line to their account. Their rollover minutes dropped to 2,100. We asked customer service about it, and they said whenever you add or remove another line to a family plan, rollover minutes are decreased to the number of minutes that the plan is for.

Does that sound right? This is all really more hypothetical than anything else, since I know their rollover should have been cut to 2,100 anyway, and they truly have no need of that ridiculous number of rollover minutes, but it seemed strange that adding or removing a secondary line on a family plan has anything to do with rollover minutes for the rest of the plan. They are thinking of adding my sister at some point, and I'm thinking I should tell them to do it sooner rather than later, since they will again have their minutes cut back when she is added.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    You may lose rollover minutes if you are adding an existing AT&T customer to a FamilyTalk plan. Adding a new customer either from another carrier or from no service has no effect upon your rollover minutes.
    Earl F. Parrish

Device(s)
    lg cu500 6230 b, 6682
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    thats weird.
    eight years on hofo, n00b.

Trollers suck!
    IWDCP Sergeant