Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Verizon (Alltel) Treo Pro

Feedback Score

Verizon (Alltel) Treo Pro

I am going to buy an Alltel Treo Pro and want to use it on Verizon. I am assuming based on the CDMA platform being identical, I can simply load the ESN and *228 to OTAP. I would then install wireless sync to handle pop3 email access?

Has anyone tried this? I know the phone is just being released, but am tired of Verizon sitting on one handed mobile enterprise solutions and my 3 year old Treo 700wx is just as tired.

Help....

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by parrde
    I am going to buy an Alltel Treo Pro and want to use it on Verizon. I am assuming based on the CDMA platform being identical, I can simply load the ESN and *228 to OTAP. I would then install wireless sync to handle pop3 email access?

Has anyone tried this? I know the phone is just being released, but am tired of Verizon sitting on one handed mobile enterprise solutions and my 3 year old Treo 700wx is just as tired.

Help....
    Before assuming it will work, I would call Cust Svc first to confirm it will work.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    You'll have to have a Verizon branded phone active on the line first. Then you can dial *228 option 3 and it should activate just fine. (Doing it online won't work yet as it's not in Verizon's ESN/MEID database)

You'll have to do some work to get data working as it's not running Verizon firmware... I think

Device(s)
    HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Please keep this thread alive until it comes to some kind of conclusion, good or bad. I too have a 700wx and I am looking for a replacement. If this works, count me in.

-Frank

Feedback Score
    I spoke to Verizon Customer Service today and after a trasfer to Technical support and some checking on their end, they tell me the Alltel Treo Pro will work on Verizon's network.

As was mentioned in the thread earlier, the ESN may need to be forced on the customer service end, but a *228 will program the phone.

The phone is back ordered through Palm, but I am headed to Charlotte in the morning and have two store picked out for a trip after my meeting and before I head to the airport.

I am hoping they have stock and they are allowed to sell me the phone without an Alltel service plan.

more news tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    Did they say anything about data?

Feedback Score
    Walked into Alltel - paid $550 - *22800 option 3 and activated the phone. no problem.

Voice and SMS worked fine.

edited the #777 connection for data and that's where I ran into troubles.

per a tech support manager - the data for the two companies has not been migrated and won't be for atleast 2 weeks. not buying that, knowing verizon it will be months or more.

its a shame cause what a great pda/phone. Palm did their homework on this, wi-fi, tethering, sweet keyboard, even a standard 3.5mm ear plug.

oh well I am sure verizon will say they are waiting for the Pre and pass on this one too.

signed another disgusted and dissatisfied verizon customer.

btw tech manager said try the Omnia - lol I said I had it for 2 hours and it blows. why can't people understand how valuable a real qwerty is? atleast she chuckled.

Feedback Score
    You could try and ask the tech to read you the A-KEY for EVDO authentication. (Usually the in-store reps won't know what you're talking about, but if you call the VZW Smartphone CS, they'll usually know)

Feedback Score
    where would I enter the A-KEY for EVDO authentication?

Device(s)
    Currently: Sprint Touch Pro on VZW
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Were you able to resolve the data issue with the Alltel Treo Pro? I have a Sprint Treo Pro and am wondering if it would be possible to do this with a Sprint Treo Pro.

Feedback Score
    I was unable to resolve the data issue due to the fact Verizon did not (at the time) migrate the Alltel data. still two completely different networks as of last week.

anyone know anything to the contrary or how to resolve?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    any updates on this please? My sister wants to by a Treo pro from craigslist and doesnt know if it will work on Verizon. thanks

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I loaded up a Verizon PRL on my Sprint Treo Pro and tried *228 option 3. Not working...was there something else that I needed to do?

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    A little update on this. I was able to pass off my Sprint Treo Pro as an Alltel one, and I got the rep to add the MEID into the DMD. That process is supposed to take ten business days to complete, and when it is added, the rep will get an email and she will call me back.

Feedback Score
    you will need to change the unlock code to six zeros on the sprint phone or it will not program over the air (*228).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast