Yup, changed it to 000000 using QPST.

Device(s)
    Htc Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So did you get everything working right, voice and data?

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Like I said, it's going to take 10 business days for them to add the MEID into the database. Won't know until June.

I'm not the best ginuea pig though...I don't have a data plan, nor do I use text messaging. I'm only looking to get voice working.

Device(s)
    Htc Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ahhh Ok, Thanks. Let us know how it goes.

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Will do.

Device(s)
    Treo 700wx WM6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I too am attempting to complete activating an Alltel Treo Pro on Verizon. I currently have a Treo 700wx and have been anxiously awaiting the Treo Pro. I have spoken to 2 different customer service reps and they both have told me 2 different stories. The first said "It's no problem, just call us with the ESN and then do a *228". The second rep told me that I would have to send the phone to them so that they could flash it with a compatible ROM. Either way, I should have the phone Tuesday and will let you know what I find out.

As for activating the data service on the phone, once the phone is activated for voice, all you should have to do is change the "Broadband Connection" options, and insert your Verizon user/pass combo right? - I mean, once it's on the network, #777 is a dial up connection to Verizon's internet access servers. (#777 should just dial to the modem of the network you are on)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I posted back in March that *228 will activate the voice and txt msg'ing however data will not work. I had the phone working on voice without a problem. the ROM will not progam OTAP to allow verizon 3g access. #777 just doesn't do it as it looks for a grabs the Alltel network. This was almost two months ago and Verizon Teir 2 Tech support said the Alltel and Verizon data systems would be migrated. They actually said they'd call me when it was done. LOL not holding my breath.

I don't know if all of this is worth the trouble to be honest with you. I had 3 Treo Pro's. a Gsm and two Cdma's and all 3 had to be hard reset as well as having stuck keys. even had a screen crap out on me. I subjected them to no more abuse than my 700wx and to be quite honest they were terrible. reception is just plain horrific. Sprints 3G is incredibly fast if you are in a big metro area. if you travel a lot like I do, i'd say don't bother with the Pro and give the Pre a shot. That's going to be open source so there should be a verizon hack within a week. just my 2 cents.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I posted back in March that *228 will activate the voice and txt msg'ing however data will not work. I had the phone working on voice without a problem. the ROM will not progam OTAP to allow verizon 3g access. #777 just doesn't do it as it looks for a grabs the Alltel network. This was almost two months ago and Verizon Teir 2 Tech support said the Alltel and Verizon data systems would be migrated. They actually said they'd call me when it was done. LOL not holding my breath.

I don't know if all of this is worth the trouble to be honest with you. I had 3 Treo Pro's. a Gsm and two Cdma's and all 3 had to be hard reset as well as having stuck keys. even had a screen crap out on me. I subjected them to no more abuse than my 700wx and to be quite honest they were terrible. reception is just plain horrific. Sprints 3G is incredibly fast if you are in a big metro area. if you travel a lot like I do, i'd say don't bother with the Pro and give the Pre a shot. That's going to be open source so there should be a verizon hack within a week. just my 2 cents.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by parrde
    That's going to be open source so there should be a verizon hack within a week. just my 2 cents.
    I hadn't thought about it that way. Actually, I didn't realize WebOS was open-source. I guess we'll just have to wait and see! Here's to hoping!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    any updates on this?

Device(s)
    VX-8700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    ** BUMP **

Looking for info on the Pro coming to Verizon.

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 700w
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I just bought an Alltel Treo Pro off of Ebay and I will be receiving it tomorrow.

Verizon has assured me that the voice will work.

As far as the data plan goes, I don't care if it ever works, as long as the WiFi does, I am good.

I am one of those rare people that has a smart phone and DOES NOT have a data plan. I have the 700W and the WiFi card and that is all I need.

Verizon has this stupid rule about their new smart phone now and they REQUIRE you to take a data plan, even if you don't want one. They FORCE you to pay an additional $360 a year for this data plan.

WTF?

I have lived with my 700W since the day it came out WITHOUT a data plan and I am just happy as a clam.

I don't know about you guys but I am trying to save every $$ these days and being forced to spend more $$ right now kinda pisses me off. They want me to resign a contract AND pay $360 a year? EVERYONE is trying to save $$ now a days and Verizon has the audacity to tell people that they have to spend more?

Verizon's explanation is that they had too many people "accidentally" connecting to the data service and that they lost $$ on all the accounts that they had to credit. So basically Verizon is being LAZY and forcing everyone to get a $30 a month data plan so that they don't have to figure out a way to TURN OFF the data service for those who do not want it or can't afford it.

WAY TO GO VERIZON!!! This shows how much they really care about their customers.

The only thing I am hoping, is that my Text Messages and Picture Messages will still work. I know that the MMS service connect to the #777 data service. if is doesn't then oh well but I have to be able to get Texts.

I will update you when I have my Alltel phone working.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Posting here sucks on my Treo. Second time, anyways here's the short of it. MMS will not work. needs data. *228 will activate no issue. Try sprint service much cheaper and the Treo Pro is the first device that sprint has that jumps to verizon in call. at $99 you won't get fleeced. I got my wife the Pre - what a piece of equipment. incredible. not sure if that will jump o verizon seamless, but won't work for me cause of the sync client - there is no actual push and just looks for email. they'll fix the copy paste on it. good luck.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So are you saying that data works fine on the Treo Pro on the VZW network?

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 700w
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by parrde

Got the Treo Pro today and Verizon said that they CAN NOT activate this phone.

Dialed *228 and the message says that the phone CAN NOT be programmed and that I have to call Verizon.

WTF?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast