Thread: New Phones for MTS

Device(s)
    It switches daily
    Carrier(s)
    Good question
    Feedback Score

New Phones for MTS

Anyone have inside news on new phones coming out for MTS? specifically blackberries?
    "insert witty response here"

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    i wont say too much,
    but the storm should be released shortly. sometime early spring anyway.

then after that will be pearl flip and the "curve2" aka javelin aka niagra - no hard timeline for these devices. all i know is summerish.

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr2 V9M
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MTS CORP REP
    i wont say too much,
    but the storm should be released shortly. sometime early spring anyway.

then after that will be pearl flip and the "curve2" aka javelin aka niagra - no hard timeline for these devices. all i know is summerish.

This would mean MTS has a new distributor? Since they cut ties with bell and are starting to get some new popular phones I'd think they joined some one new. Perhaps this is good news then .

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    i hate the upgrade scheme. i'm stuck with this LG vantage cause i signed a 3 year contract! even if they do get new phones, how the #### do the customers get them?!

that is the best dis-incentive to sign a 3 yr contract that i've ever seen.

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr2 V9M
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Flea-dom
    i hate the upgrade scheme. i'm stuck with this LG vantage cause i signed a 3 year contract! even if they do get new phones, how the #### do the customers get them?!

that is the best dis-incentive to sign a 3 yr contract that i've ever seen.
    3 year plans are just scams like SAF. Look at other markets. The US 3 years, Europe Mainly all GSM and the asian markets where people switch every couple months. The thing with Canada is they use the 3 year to lure you into cheap phones and then when your phone breaks or you want to up you can't unless you actually have a provider that will give you some kind of loyaltee deal or your contract is low and they want to resign you by giving you a good product to stay. Basically the rule of thumb my family follows is, by 2 year and your good .

Device(s)
    Samsung Nexus S (4.0.4), Sony Xperia Pro (2.3.4)
    Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Did you mean that the US and Europe have 2 years? The US it is 2 years and in Europe it's 12, 15, 18 or 24 months.