Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Verizon phone on Alltel account

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Verizon phone on Alltel account

Can I purchase a Verizon phone and use it on an Alltel account? I am tired of my phone, but currently under contract, so I have to pay full price. I figured that I might as well buy a Verizon phone, being that I will eventually be on their network. If I can, what features will work? Phone, SMS, MMS?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    phone and sms should work now. data services (like mweb and mms wont work till the integration is complete in your area.)

Device(s)
    I880
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    what do you have to do to get a verizon phone to work on your alltel account

Device(s)
    Saumsung Galaxy S7, Motorola Moto E (2nd Generation), LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless, Lycamobile, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whippit6924
    what do you have to do to get a verizon phone to work on your alltel account
    If the phone is unlocked and you can get into the phone's Service Programming Menu, try setting the MDN and MIN to those of your Alltel phone. This may cause the Verizon phone to "roam" on the Alltel network. Texting and calling in/out should work. You may have to do additional stuff to get MMS (picture messsaging), WAP (surfing Internet on the phone) and other features to work on the Alltel network.

Device(s)
    Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So you have to set it up your self?

I called alltel and they said they would not activate an unlocked Verizon phone. Has anyone managed to get a verizon phone to work with alltel?
    3 years w/ palm > 3 years w/ WM Pro > 3 month w/ iPhone......back to WM,,,,, WM wins!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S+
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    you cant just change the MIN and MDN and it magically works. the ESN has to be added to the system, which (as i was told) should be rejected if it isnt an Alltel phone.

Device(s)
    I880
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    i am using the razr maxx ve which is a verizon phone on alltel network. i got it to work i just changed the min and the mdn and the cdma sid code to my local one (which i got off my regular alltel phone. dialed *228 said welcome to alltel to program your phone press 3 or to update your roaming capablities which is what i did. Then called alltel and told them the website would not activate my phone. I gave the lady the number off the phone and she activated it. the only thing that does not work is the internet

Device(s)
    Current:Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pcdebb
    you cant just change the MIN and MDN and it magically works. the ESN has to be added to the system, which (as i was told) should be rejected if it isnt an Alltel phone.
    The ESN will not be rejected, as Alltel doesn't keep an ESN database. I used an LG Voyager on my Alltel account and it even had an MEID, not an ESN. Walked right into my local cor store and my rep scanned it into the system as if it were an Alltel phone.
    This confusion can easily be avoided if you pronounce the word intended aloud. If it has a voiced Z sound, then it’s “lose.” If it has a hissy S sound, then it’s “loose.” Here are examples of correct usage: “He tends to lose his keys.” “She lets her dog run loose.”

Loose
    not rigidly fastened or securely attached

Lose
    to miss from one's possession or from a customary or supposed place

Also, just because a word has an "s" at the end, doesn't mean it needs an apostrophe.

Device(s)
    Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mick662
    The ESN will not be rejected, as Alltel doesn't keep an ESN database. I used an LG Voyager on my Alltel account and it even had an MEID, not an ESN. Walked right into my local cor store and my rep scanned it into the system as if it were an Alltel phone.
    Well the deal is,,,,,, my brother in law wants a Storm and I can get him a Storm this week for $220.00 which is an awesome deal!!!!!!! but I would hate to buy the phone and then not be able to hook it to Alltel service. What do ya think???

Device(s)
    Current:Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Well the deal is,,,,,, my brother in law wants a Storm and I can get him a Storm this week for $220.00 which is an awesome deal!!!!!!! but I would hate to buy the phone and then not be able to hook it to Alltel service. What do ya think???

Well BB's are a different beast. I suppose it depends on what Alltel's system sees it as. If it sees it as a BB, you will have to have either a SmartChoice plan or a BIS plan. If it doesn't see it as a BB, and you don't want data, your first priority should be to turn data off on the Storm. You will probably have a sizeable bill otherwise. Either way you do it, you probably won't have anything but voice and text. Alltel doesn't have a comparable model BB to get the service books for the Storm. Now, there was a thread over in the RIM forum about getting a BB to work on a provider that didn't offer the same model. I think there may have been success using service books from a different model. For example, using an 8900 or 9000, but using the carriers 8300 service books. I don't know if this would work with the Storm or not. Way I see it: Buy the Storm and try it out. If all else fails, you could sell it here or eBay, and probably still make a decent profit.

Device(s)
    LG Chocolate Blue Mint (VX8550)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Will Alltel stores flash a Verizon phone with Alltel software?
    American by birth. Tattooed by choice. Irish by the grace of God.

Former Verizon Wireless WDTS.

Device(s)
    Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well BB's are a different beast. I suppose it depends on what Alltel's system sees it as. If it sees it as a BB, you will have to have either a SmartChoice plan or a BIS plan. If it doesn't see it as a BB, and you don't want data, your first priority should be to turn data off on the Storm. You will probably have a sizeable bill otherwise. Either way you do it, you probably won't have anything but voice and text. Alltel doesn't have a comparable model BB to get the service books for the Storm. Now, there was a thread over in the RIM forum about getting a BB to work on a provider that didn't offer the same model. I think there may have been success using service books from a different model. For example, using an 8900 or 9000, but using the carriers 8300 service books. I don't know if this would work with the Storm or not. Way I see it: Buy the Storm and try it out. If all else fails, you could sell it here or eBay, and probably still make a decent profit.
    Thanks for the info,,,,,, I can see that it is going to be a headache,,,,,, I was just looking to do him a favor....... Sounds like hell be keeping his old Blackberry Pearl.

Device(s)
    HTC 8X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishman
    Will Alltel stores flash a Verizon phone with Alltel software?
    No. It's against policy for Alltel stores to do anything with a non-alltel phone. Now Alltel to verizon in the future may be a different story.
    Want a Bluetooth? Eat a BlackBerry.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S+
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    then i was lied to then. I thought we kept a database (or the tool I use I thought was the "database" of phones branded alltel). i do know a rep takes the chance of filing for unemployment activating non-alltel phones

Feedback Score
    Hey, I just saw this post. If you end up getting a Verizon phone I can help you out with changing it to Alltel. I just did my Voyager manually, had to change lots of stuff like ESN which I can't mention here. Also had to fix the Service Required message. Just PM me whenever you get it. Oh, and if you see a Voyager for around $80 (can have bad ESN or Service Required), please, do tell me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast