Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Palm Pre release info from Sprint rep

Device(s)
    BB Curve (Mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I used to work for Sprint myself and this thing is going to be coming out on the 15th spoke to my old DM this morning in regards to this phone

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm sure you did, and I'm sure it will.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism
    Know who DOES know when the Pre will be released? Palm reps and Sprint Launch & Marketing people. Know what they'll tell you?

Wait for it....

NOTHING.

Nondisclosure agreements make sure of that, nobody is going to lose their job (AND get sued) because they want to tell your brother's cousin's mechanic's hot little sister.
    True. Went to a Palm Pro/Pre training here in Austin last week with our local Palm rep. She did confirm that she knew the launch date but could not tell us due to non-disclosure agreements. She also could not answer a lot of the questions we had about the device such as exclusivity (although that leaked through Reuters days ago), pricing, the future of Palm OS (whether webOS will be replacing it), among other things.

I am a Sprint rep and I too hate when I hear people say that other Sprint reps told them this or told them that when there is no possible way they could know that information.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism
    I'm sure you did, and I'm sure it will.
    Correct. Again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beathookup
    I used to work for Sprint myself and this thing is going to be coming out on the 15th spoke to my old DM this morning in regards to this phone
    lol. I can promise you the DM don't have a release date on the Pre.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    There will always be naive people who're ready to believe anything little thing that the "CSR" tells them because they WANT to believe it. Like others have said, these reps have NO clue as to the release date, so just because you think they know the difference between the Pro and the Pre, they probably don't, and even if they did, they still don't know anything about the release date.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aero4
    lol. I can promise you the DM don't have a release date on the Pre.
    I can double promise that.

Device(s)
    Sprint Hero (present)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint (present)
    Feedback Score
    You all are batty. My neighboor's gardener, used to date this crackhead who was best friend of this hooker used to date the nephew of Dan Hesse's mechanic told me that the PRE came out yesterday in selcted stores.
    So there, you all have it wrong!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Looks like we may not see it until the summer.
    http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-r...-be-until-june

Feedback Score

i think that about sums it up for me

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Feedback Score
    its a new OS and everytime you release a new OS there will be issues with it and testing on the carrier, including finding security holes. better to take longer and fix it then release it early with issues, especially if theyre putting their eggs in this basket.

Feedback Score
    i know that its a double edged sword for sprint and palm but if there was an approximate wait of 4-6 months, then why not just wait until march or april or a month before the actual release to talk about it and announce it?

i want the pre but i can see that my interest in the unit will wane, even if its just a bit, if the phone isn't released until june (which it seems like will likely happen).

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Feedback Score
    announcing it early isnt the problem, the problem is if theyre not releasing it until say May-June, start advertising NEXT month. Yes, March. Run a good solid 2-3 months of commercials up to the release- it was effective for the iphone and the Storm.

right now the only people who know about this thing are us online. the general public has no clue. If you cant alert people and continue to drive it home that this thing is coming, there will be no interest come May-June-July whatever it ends up being for the release. Apple will have something new in terms of iphones by then. People just ran and gobbled up Storms. theyre going to need a VERY good message to get people interested in the Pre in the general public

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I was at the Sprint Store yesterday, they said the release was pushed back beyond June/July

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Feedback Score
    Precentral says June so id guess June/July tentatively. either way its bad its being pushed back even more, since everyone knows Apple is planning 1 if not 2 devices this summer (nano, and some new iphone maybe a 32gb if not more differences)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast