Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Official HTC Touch Pro 2 thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman
    That zoom printing at the bottom of the screen looks really stupid and is unnecessary. I hope it doesn't make it to the production models.

Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Camp
    That zoom printing at the bottom of the screen looks really stupid and is unnecessary. I hope it doesn't make it to the production models.

thats where u have to zoom from. so to someone that knows nothing about this phone it is useful

Device(s)
    Dell Streak
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman
    thats where u have to zoom from. so to someone that knows nothing about this phone it is useful
    It's not really that noticeable, and necessary since they lost the d-pad with the touch-sensitive zoom ring from the original Touch Pro. I'll bet the zoom line will be more popular than people think once the phone is released.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3GS 32GB (black)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    This is just what I'm looking for
    I was going to upgrade to the Fuze, but after playing with one I didn't see much difference than my 8125 (overclocked, wm6.1 w/M2D), the screen is physically smaller even though the specs say they are the same.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin

Device(s)
    RIM Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm hoping for suggestions...

I bought the Fuze on 02/15 and I have 30 days (or 03/15) to return it. I can't say that I LOVE this phone and I'm thinking about returning it and waiting either for the TouchPro 2. Since it won't be available until maybe this fall (is this still accurate, October'ish?) should I just go back to my Treo 750 and wait it out or is there another phone coming down the pike that is either Candy Bar form factor or slide out keyboard?

The thing that is REALLY bugging me about the Fuze is the screen is too small. Everything is so cramped on this phone it's really annoying for a partial touch-screen phone.
    Do You Have The HTC TouchPro/Fuze? I feel sorry for you b/c it's complete JUNK! But...do Yourself A Favor And Visit This Webpage...
    http://www.blownfuze.org/

Old Phones:
    HTC Fuze (COMPLETE JUNK!!!)
    Palm Treo 750 (LOVED THIS PHONE!!!)
    Motorola V600
    Sony Ericsson T68i

Headsets:
    Samsung WEP500 (Current)
    Motorola HS-850 (Broke)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    yea, bc the treo 750 has a bigger screen then the Fuze...

O wait, it doesn't...Treo 750 = 2.4", Fuze 2.8"
    From the HTC Magician to the One X, I'm one of the HTC OG's.

Device(s)
    RIM Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC_S60_Fan
    yea, bc the treo 750 has a bigger screen then the Fuze...

O wait, it doesn't...Treo 750 = 2.4", Fuze 2.8"

You managed to point out the obvious!

My point is that the Fuze is obviously attempting to be a touchscreen 1st WITH a slide out keyboard. The Treo 750 is not nor does it need to since you can access everything using the dial pad and ready keyboard with ONE hand. Also, the dial pad on the Treo 750 works A LOT better than the dial pad on the Fuze btw. I find myself ending the program or returning to the home screen when I was trying to move to the left or right, etc. on the Fuze.

So the Fuze's screen is far too small and cramped. Plus, the touchscreen on the Treo 750 seemed more sensitive than the Fuze. Another thing I'm finding is STILL an issue despite making changes to the settings.

I thought I wouldn't mind the slide out keyboard but it's extremely inconvenient when you're on the go and can only use one hand.

All I'm saying is I'm trying to like the Fuze, I bought it already but I personally am having a harder time adjusting to it. Maybe I will change my mind in the next 2 weeks.

So back to my original question which you didn't even bother addressing Anyone else have further updates on the arrival of the Touch Pro 2 or other phones that are coming out soon?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    September/October at the earliest.

Device(s)
    Dell Streak
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    September/October at the earliest.
    I thought HTC said late Q2 for worldwide release?

Device(s)
    iphone 3gs
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    something that i just noticed (from the youtube video posted on the 2nd page) is that this phone has a proximity sensor! this by itself makes it a lot better than all the other htc phones.. how annoying is it to have to manually turn the screen on everytime you have to press numbers while on a call. ha after using my wifes iphone during a call to at&t i couldnt believe how beautiful the proximity sensor was. ha i'm more excited about this one feature than anything else

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston
    I thought HTC said late Q2 for worldwide release?
    Yea, for the Euro/Asia version, or did u not notice in all the specs that it only has 900/2100 HSPA?

Device(s)
    Dell Streak
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yea, for the Euro/Asia version, or did u not notice in all the specs that it only has 900/2100 HSPA?
    Did you not read this Engadget story?

Device(s)
    RIM Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston
    Did you not read this Engadget story?

Wow! Possibly May - July timeframe!? Then I will most likely return my Fuze, use my Treo 750 until the Touch Pro2 is released.

Thanks for sharing dwboston!

Quote Originally Posted by omaralt
    something that i just noticed (from the youtube video posted on the 2nd page) is that this phone has a proximity sensor! this by itself makes it a lot better than all the other htc phones.. how annoying is it to have to manually turn the screen on everytime you have to press numbers while on a call. ha after using my wifes iphone during a call to at&t i couldnt believe how beautiful the proximity sensor was. ha i'm more excited about this one feature than anything else
    Yep..I'm another one that absolutely HATES this about the FUZE!!!!

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Shadow
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Personally, I suspect the May-July timeframe is for unbranded phones. If you want it thru your carrier, I doubt we'll see them before fall

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Does it say there will be a North America version in the second quarter? I see where it says the current version, which does not have the North America frequencies, will be available in the second quarter. I also see where it says there will be a North Amercican version eventually. I do not see where it says the North American version will be released in the second quarter, or anything about the North American specs. Will it be a CDMA phone? GMS? Both? Will it have a front camera? If it's GSM, will it have T-Mobile's 3G or AT&T's, or both? If it's CDMA, will it be Verizon, Sprint, or both?

We don't have enough info to start planning for it yet. All we can do is hope the North American version has a flash, lol.

Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 56 ... LastLast