Device(s)
    GD87e, V500, V600, V620
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Deleted>>>>>>>>>>Miss Understood the question

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wastedagen
    when i run the client.exe file from the desktop it puts the script folder on the desktop too.

Also there is a new client version try that. version 22.56
    Thanks, Mate. Turned out it was a server problem and they resolved it today. I now have threaded SMS too.

Is there any way to get rid of the O2 icons on the main menu? What is the difference between this firmware and the wotanserver firmware you installed? Besides the O2 branding stuff on the main menu, this firmware is even more stable than my Hong Kong version before.

cheers

Device(s)
    GD87e, V500, V600, V620
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thucydides
    Thanks, Mate. Turned out it was a server problem and they resolved it today. I now have threaded SMS too.

Is there any way to get rid of the O2 icons on the main menu? What is the difference between this firmware and the wotanserver firmware you installed? Besides the O2 branding stuff on the main menu, this firmware is even more stable than my Hong Kong version before.

cheers
    The only way to get rid of the O2 logos is to re-flash with a generic firmware. But at the moment not all have the sms conversation. There is no difference between my carphone warehouse firmware and yours besides the O2 logos on the menu page. O2 firmware is pretty much a debranded no nonsense firmware. And yes I found it more stable than the hong kong firmware I originally tried. Glad to see you finally got it sorted. Enjoy

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson C905
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Okay, I have a question about my update... I used SEUS to get the latest version. I am in the US and the update I got (C905 APAC-ANZ CDF1211-6432) doesn't have some of the features promised in the update, such as the SMS Conversations. So my question is how can I get this update so I get the SMS Conversations? Can someone give me detailed instructions? Thanks in advance!

*EDIT*

I got the DaVinci software up and running, but I don't know which firmware package to pick. How can I tell which one is best? I always want unbranded so I click the Generic box, but there is so many different ones to choose from... All I want is one that works, is bug-free, is fast, and has all the latest features promised in that new update. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Slickdawg8; 03-08-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Device(s)
    GD87e, V500, V600, V620
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickdawg8
    Okay, I have a question about my update... I used SEUS to get the latest version. I am in the US and the update I got (C905 APAC-ANZ CDF1211-6432) doesn't have some of the features promised in the update, such as the SMS Conversations. So my question is how can I get this update so I get the SMS Conversations? Can someone give me detailed instructions? Thanks in advance!

*EDIT*

I got the DaVinci software up and running, but I don't know which firmware package to pick. How can I tell which one is best? I always want unbranded so I click the Generic box, but there is so many different ones to choose from... All I want is one that works, is bug-free, is fast, and has all the latest features promised in that new update. Thanks again!
    I changed the CDA/CDF to one that works with the SEUS giving you all the features. This is from another forum but since i'm not sure if I can link to it i'll post the tutorial here.

First you will need:
    1. A2 Uploader
    2. A2 Uploader CDA Generator (download at bottom of screen)
    3. SEUS

Remove your sim card (if you have one)and memory card.
    Okay, once you've got these three things you need to generate a CDA for your C905. You do this by going into the CDA file generator and selecting the C905, then typing in the CDA you want to use. You can find lots of CDAs in this thread that will work better. "Generic UK" (1214-7311) is probably your best bet at the moment. I didn't put anything in the REGION drop down box just the CDA I wanted to use. When you un-zip the downloaded folder there will be a list of different CDA's for you to try.

Then hit generate XML file.

So, once you've generated the file, it's going to be saved in the folder you have the CDA Generator program saved in. The file will be called "customized_upgrade.xml".

The next step is that you want to actually change the CDA on the phone. To do this, we need to open up A2 Uploader. Once open, click on FILE SYSTEM at the right side. The program will now ask you to connect your phone in the same way SEUS asks; turned off, hold down 'c' and insert the USB. The file system will now load up.

In the A2 Uploader window navigate to "tpa/preset/custom", and then drag and drop the "customized_upgrade.xml" file across to this window.

Once you see the file saved in this window, then you can go to SHUTDOWN FS MANAGER at the bottom in red. Then hit quit and you can then disconnect your phone.

Insert your sim turn the phone on, and wait for the "please wait" message to fire across. Once completed the CDA is now changed and you can disconnect the phone.

Now shut the phone down remove your sim card and connect to SEUS and update as normal. Note that beside C905 at the top it should say the new CDA. Do an update and you will have all the features/(lack of) branding that the firmware you have chosen has.

This isn't really too complicated, having done it a few times I can fire through the process in under 5 minutes. There isn't any risk to your phone either, as if it messes up, you can simply do it again.

I am using the 1214-7311 CDA and can confirm it has all the extras that should come with the update.

This is thanks to Ryan on [email protected]#o forum.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson C905
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting that tutorial for me! When I get a chance, I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickdawg8
    Thanks for posting that tutorial for me! When I get a chance, I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes!
    I gave it a shot and everything went well, except for one new problem: My signal strength fluctuates much more--and it's weaker at my primary location. For whatever reason, it used to show a small "E"--denoting Edge network--near the signal bars. Now the "E" only appears when I'm not at home or I go online.

I've already lost my signal several times with this new firmware, and this never happened with either Hong Kong or O2. I may try the same firmware over again, or perhaps, if I find another firmware by changing the CDA, I would rather do that.

Any ideas, wastedagen?

Regards

Device(s)
    GD87e, V500, V600, V620
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    I gave it a shot and everything went well, except for one new problem: My signal strength fluctuates much more--and it's weaker at my primary location. For whatever reason, it used to show a small "E"--denoting Edge network--near the signal bars. Now the "E" only appears when I'm not at home or I go online.

I've already lost my signal several times with this new firmware, and this never happened with either Hong Kong or O2. I may try the same firmware over again, or perhaps, if I find another firmware by changing the CDA, I would rather do that.

Any ideas, wastedagen?

Regards
    The only thing i can suggest is what you have already said. Try some of the other firmwares CDA, it's not gonna cost you anything. I tried both the hong and O2 and they had the sms text conversation. Why did you change from them?
    If you go here (41 pages i'm afraid) and read through the whole thread they mention quite a few firmwares CDA's also.

Device(s)
    C905
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just got my C905 back from repair and to my surprise, it has the smile shutter and snapfish installed. But how do I know if the Message update is in there?

ALi

Feedback Score
    The only thing i can suggest is what you have already said. Try some of the other firmwares CDA, it's not gonna cost you anything. I tried both the hong and O2 and they had the sms text conversation. Why did you change from them?
    If you go here (41 pages i'm afraid) and read through the whole thread they mention quite a few firmwares CDA's also.
    The original Hong Kong that I had did not include threaded SMS. As for O2, I didn't like the O2 branding--the dead O2 icons on the main menu. This generic UK firmware has one dead icon--the green "PlayNow" arrow that is some sort of music/ringtone/application link for UK users. I dont think the original Hong Kong firmware had any dead icons; i think the "PlayNow" may have gone to the MP3 function, but I don't recall.

I'm curious, wasted: Why do you try all these firmwares? Are you hoping for a new feature to pop up, better stability, curiosity? lol. Also, I wouldn't think so, but is there any communication contact between the SIM card and the firmware/handset when upgrading firmware? I didn't have my SIM card in when I peformed the generic firmware update. It just seems odd that now my signal strength is fluctuating wildly at home.

Did you notice the CDA app only has a small database of firmware options (CDAs) compared to what's actually available? How many have you tried and what did you notice? That may wind up being a 40-page reply. lol. :P

On my next firmware attempt, I may just measure the general behavior of the phone before I start personalizing it. This adding all the apps and changing the settings every time is getting old.

cheers

Device(s)
    GD87e, V500, V600, V620
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliath27
    I just got my C905 back from repair and to my surprise, it has the smile shutter and snapfish installed. But how do I know if the Message update is in there?

ALi
    Go in to messages and click on inbox.

you should see two tabs. Click the one one the right to use conversations.

Device(s)
    GD87e, V500, V600, V620
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    The original Hong Kong that I had did not include threaded SMS. As for O2, I didn't like the O2 branding--the dead O2 icons on the main menu. This generic UK firmware has one dead icon--the green "PlayNow" arrow that is some sort of music/ringtone/application link for UK users. I dont think the original Hong Kong firmware had any dead icons; i think the "PlayNow" may have gone to the MP3 function, but I don't recall.

I'm curious, wasted: Why do you try all these firmwares? Are you hoping for a new feature to pop up, better stability, curiosity? lol. Also, I wouldn't think so, but is there any communication contact between the SIM card and the firmware/handset when upgrading firmware? I didn't have my SIM card in when I peformed the generic firmware update. It just seems odd that now my signal strength is fluctuating wildly at home.

Did you notice the CDA app only has a small database of firmware options (CDAs) compared to what's actually available? How many have you tried and what did you notice? That may wind up being a 40-page reply. lol. :P

On my next firmware attempt, I may just measure the general behavior of the phone before I start personalizing it. This adding all the apps and changing the settings every time is getting old.

cheers
    I only tried four firmwares, a hong kong, O2, Carephone warehouse then I finished and am still using generic UK (1214-7311). Basically thats the order the sms conversation got released. I wasn't searching for anything else except the sms. I always try to use the generic one as my phone was bought unbranded/sim free.

My signal strength still wonders but with O2 it is much better than when I was with orange. Ask around there may be others that have switched firmware because of the signal strength issue.

I agree with you that all the firmware changes becomes a pain when you have to keep installing all your extra java files and mms/email settings. My worst one is having to keep sticking in my 63 digit key for my wifi.............

Feedback Score
    I agree with you that all the firmware changes becomes a pain when you have to keep installing all your extra java files and mms/email settings. My worst one is having to keep sticking in my 63 digit key for my wifi.............
    LOL. 63 digits. Damn. Are you paranoid or living in a thriving hacker environment? lol. One positive aspect is not having to look any of these settings up again after having entered them so many times. One odd behavior with my original Hong Kong upgrade--the one that had all the features except threaded SMS--was that it would stay logged into the Wi-Fi after I left the house. Is there any way to change the Main Menu icons or what they do? If I could fix the dead icons on the O2, it seemed to have the best stability and signal strength for me. I dont know if reinstalling the current generic would improve things. There's only one generic in the whole batch, btw.

Device(s)
    C905
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Go in to messages and click on inbox.

you should see two tabs. Click the one one the right to use conversations.
    lol thanks for the visual but look's like mine has the update without the convo

ALi

Device(s)
    GD87e, V500, V600, V620
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliath27
    lol thanks for the visual but look's like mine has the update without the convo

ALi
    In that case if you really want the sms convo, follow my tutorial for changing the CDA to 1214-7311 and update the phone with SEUS to get the latest UK generic firmware with sms convo........

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast