Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to: Unlock/Flash your Htc Diamond

Device(s)
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    there is a dummy file floating around the tutorial section that you add to the phone via the memory card. once on the memory card use resco file explorer to copy to the windows folder of your phone.
    Code Name: L0GiC4L 3ViL
    Quote: "Make love not war... Contribute dont leech.My insane logic gets the job done..."
    Latest Exploits:
    evo full flash (yes mms works), samsung intercept web (ask around), moto droid full flash
    Next Hijack: AFFLICTION ROM

11/4 3000th post

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS (Txt, Voice, MMS, WAP)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L0GiC4L 3ViL
    there is a dummy file floating around the tutorial section that you add to the phone via the memory card. once on the memory card use resco file explorer to copy to the windows folder of your phone.

Whoo Hoo! I got the internet working. I am having trouble with the MMS. I have the settings exactly as you stated but I cannot send a pic out and when my friend sent me a pic it would not allow me to download or view the pic.

Any suggestions?

Deidre

Device(s)
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    have you installed arcsoft and have you done the registry edits?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    have you installed arcsoft and have you done the registry edits?
    I powered my phone off and on and it started working but I get a message when receiving pics saying my modem is not connected and I need to go to settings to change that. I can send the pics out but it is touch and go if I can receive the pic. Sometimes yes and sometimes no. I did the arcsoft and registry edits.

Deidre

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    if you want just web and mms skip down to the web and mms. also this tutorial will not work for the touch pro the unlocker and ruu are different..
    I am having trouble finding an unlocker for HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) - I've checked here, PPCGeeks and XDC Develoopers. Can anyone give me a link to the tut that has the unlocker for the Touch Pro?

Deidre

Feedback Score
    I have touch diamond cdma(sprint) I already unlock the phone and changed rom (energy rom) and it works great... today I take the phone to Metro PCS Store to flash and they sad can't detect my diamond in houdini program...

I'd like know they can't flash becouse I unlock and changed rom?.... and

just in case there is any ways to get sprint original rom and put back to my diamond?

thanks for your help~!

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coreguayo
    I have touch diamond cdma(sprint) I already unlock the phone and changed rom (energy rom) and it works great... today I take the phone to Metro PCS Store to flash and they sad can't detect my diamond in houdini program...

just in case there is any ways to get sprint original rom and put back to my diamond?

thanks for your help~!
    first thing, you need to post in the correct forum, being the smartphone forum, and you don't have to have the original rom, I had the mighty rom when I flashed my touch pro over.
    HITMAN OF THE METRO MAFIA

Device(s)
    Htc Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coreguayo

thanks for your help~!
    i had the same problem with my phone when i took it to the store to have it flashed. I unlocked and installed a new rom on it and they couldn't activate it at the store. But i put the stock rom back on it and relocked it and took it back the next day and they were able to do it. So i'm not positive if you need the stock rom on it but it should definitely be locked back

Feedback Score
    thanks guys for help and sorry for post incorret forum..^^;

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Will this allow me to put VZW ROM onto an Alltel Touch Diamond?
    ~T-Lar Seth~
    Gamer's Guild© Computer Service Technician

CJST Board Certified Law Enforcement

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tlarseth
    Will this allow me to put VZW ROM onto an Alltel Touch Diamond?
    why would you put a verizon rom on an alltel?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For one we are now Alltel Legacy on the VZW network, and two the Alltel software has lots of issues that I do not like on the phone the VZW software is much faster and more stable on the touch diamond.

Plus here in a few weeks we are going to go ahead and transition to a full blown VZW plan because it will literally save us about $80 a month on our plan, and I do not want to have to buy another HTC Touch Diamond just so I can keep using my phone, and from what I understand that if you flash it to be a VZW phone you have less issues with MMS and Internet on the phone which I use constantly for work.

Not to mention in my area we are having issues where a PRL update will still not allow us to use VZW towers, we are still stuck on the Alltel ones, both my Alltel phone and Verizon work phone have the newest PRL on them, and there is times my VZW phone will have signal and my Alltel one won't have any signal at all, even though the VZW one has full signal strength. But, I guess that is Verizon trying to push us onto their plan with their phones.

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tlarseth
    For one we are now Alltel Legacy on the VZW network, and two the Alltel software has lots of issues that I do not like on the phone the VZW software is much faster and more stable on the touch diamond.

Plus here in a few weeks we are going to go ahead and transition to a full blown VZW plan because it will literally save us about $80 a month on our plan, and I do not want to have to buy another HTC Touch Diamond just so I can keep using my phone, and from what I understand that if you flash it to be a VZW phone you have less issues with MMS and Internet on the phone which I use constantly for work.

Not to mention in my area we are having issues where a PRL update will still not allow us to use VZW towers, we are still stuck on the Alltel ones, both my Alltel phone and Verizon work phone have the newest PRL on them, and there is times my VZW phone will have signal and my Alltel one won't have any signal at all, even though the VZW one has full signal strength. But, I guess that is Verizon trying to push us onto their plan with their phones.
    everything you said just sounds right on the money lol, I'm not sure if the rom will help, but it cant hurt to try.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well with putting a VZW ROM on it, worst thing that could happen is that it bricks in which I replace the phone with a VZW one which is what they want anyways.

So one of these days I will try it but not right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2