Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to: Unlock/Flash your Htc Diamond

Device(s)
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

How to: Unlock/Flash your Htc Diamond

First off this information was gathered from both here and ppcgeeks... The guys over there are straight genius's and deserve to be told so...Brought together by yours truely.. L0GiC4L 3ViL.

Credit: I firmly believe that credit should be given to the folks listed below. It is through their hard work that all of this was possible.

no2chem, ghettofreeryder, tobeychris, and sequan

Things you will need:

1) Activesync (XP) or MWMDC (Vista).
    2) Diamond Unlocker.rar
    3) Diamond RUU
    4) your choice of ROM
    5) Patience.

Before you do anything in this tutorial, I advise you backup, by syncing to your computer and/or using a program like PIMBackup to save your contacts, calendars, call logs and texts. If you lose them, any other information, or your phone doesn't work because of something you read here, it's your own responsibility, you can choose to not do anything right now!

Unlocking Your Phone:

This is a guide on how to unlock your phone, the first thing some of you will do when you open the box!

If you did not just get this phone, BACKUP ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE. This will reset your phone to the way it was fresh out of the box... but unlocked.

1) If you've already used your diamond, you should do a Hard Reset before continuing (see below).
    2) Download and install Activesync (XP) or MWMDC (Vista).
    3) Ensure that you have .NET Framework 3.5 (Will be in add/remove software).
    4) Connect your Diamond to your PC via the USBmini cable.
    5) After a few seconds Activesync will pop up and start the Setup Wizard, IGNORE THIS.
    6) Download Diamond Unlocker.rar
    7) Open the Diamond Unlocker.rar and drag the Diamond Unlocker FOLDER to your desktop.
    8) Run Diamond Unlocker.exe located in the folder.
    9) Your phone may or may not ask you if you want to run "EnterBootloader.exe",if it does, click Yes.
    10) You have to click Next a bunch of times on your PC in the Rom Update Utility.
    11) Your phone will goto a tri-colour screen and should say SSPL0.43.CMONEX at the top. SSPL
    12) The phone will restart again and is now Unlocked!
    13) You can check that it is Unlocked by entering the Bootloader (Power+VolumeDown and hold down Reset)

Hard Resetting Your Phone:

Hard Resetting your phone will delete all information on the main storage of the phone, reverting your phone to the initial settings of whatever ROM you are running.

There are two main methods:
    1) Power + VolumeDown + Enter (circle button) and hold down Reset until the white screen appears, then press VolumeUp to Hard Reset.
    2) Goto Start > Settings > System > Clear Storage. You can then choose to Clear Storage, Format internal storage only (the 4GB memory), or Clear storage and format internal storage. Once you've made your choice, type in 1234 to the box at the bottom, and then click Yes.

For BASIC Users:

1) BACKUP ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE
    2) Download the Diamond RUU.
    3) Download your choice of ROM
    4) Drag the .nbh file into the RUU folder.
    5) Run the Rom Upgrade Utility.exe.
    6) Follow the prompts on screen.
    7) Restore any backed up information.
    8) Enjoy your new ROM!

For internet and Picture messaging.

WAP

You need to delete the IOTA folder from the Program Files folder on the device. Then, in the Windows\Start Up folder, delete the shortcut to HTC_CM_Guardian

Create a "dummy" HTC_CM_Guardian.exe file by creating a BLANK text document and renaming the EXTENSION from .TXT to .EXE.

Reboot the device. Then use Total Commander to replace the HTC_CM_Guardian.exe file in the Windows directory.

1: Goto settings -> Connections -> Connections
    2: Remove any connections that are there
    3: Open your phone and enter ##778#, select "EDIT" and enter your unlock code.

4: Set the following values:

M.IP Settings:
    MIP_MODE = Simple IP Only

M.IP Default Profile:
    NAI = [email protected]
    Home Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
    Primary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
    Secondary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)

Security:
    HDR AN AUTH User Id = [email protected]
    PPP USER ID = [email protected]
    PPP PASSWORD = metropcs

5: Goto Connections and delete any existing connections and setup a new one using the following settings:

Number to dail = #777
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: metropcs
    Domain: (Leave Blank)

Select Proxy Settings and enter the following values:
    wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (http)
    wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (wap)
    wap.metropcs.net port:443 (secure wap)
    wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (socks)

6: Back in the "Connections" screen where you have two tabs at the bottom of the screen of "Tasks" and "Advanced", go to Advanced, click on "Select Networks" and select the name of the connection you just setup.

Example if you leave as Sprint then choose that one as your internet connection and do it for both settings.

MMS

MAKE SURE YOUR WEB IS WORKING PROPERLY (ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS) AS YOU CAN'T HAVE MMS WITHOUT WORKING INTERNET!!!!!

Remove/Uninstall any existing MMS composer you have attempted to setup. Also a good idea to remove any registry keys it may have created that are left behind after the uninstall.

1: Install Arcsoft MMS version 5.0.70.24 from Verzion.

2: Open your Messaging and click on the SMS/MMS option.

3: Click on "Menu" and select "MMS Options" then select the "Servers" tab.

4: Add a new server with the following settings:

Server Name: metropcs
    Gateway: wap.metropcs.net
    Port number: 3128
    Server address: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
    Connect via: SELECT EITHER THE CONNECTION YOU SETUP ABOVE OR "The internet"
    Send limit: 399K

5: Click "Done" and then set the new server as default.

6: Using a Registry Editor edit the following values:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader]

DELETE KEY -> "X-VzW-MDN"
    ADD STRING -> "X-metropcs-MDN"="XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number )
    ADD STRING -> "X-DEVICE-MIN"="1XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number WITH the 1 in front of it )
    Code Name: L0GiC4L 3ViL
    Quote: "Make love not war... Contribute dont leech.My insane logic gets the job done..."
    Latest Exploits:
    evo full flash (yes mms works), samsung intercept web (ask around), moto droid full flash
    Next Hijack: AFFLICTION ROM

11/4 3000th post

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    :: ::

Feedback Score

Dallas mms and wap not working on evdo only on 1x

i have a htc touch diamond from alltel, im using alltel's rom, mms and wap are working, but they only work when im on 1X, when i go to north dallas area and part of arlington and im on evdo, the wap and mms stop working, it just does not connect.... Can any one help me?

Feedback Score

Help

Does Anybody Know If This Will Work On The HtC Pro 6850 I Have Been Looking Everywhere And This Is The Only Place Ive Found Anything On The Htc

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS (Txt, Voice, MMS, WAP)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L0GiC4L 3ViL

Unlocking Your Phone:

This is a guide on how to unlock your phone, the first thing some of you will do when you open the box!

If you did not just get this phone, BACKUP ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE. This will reset your phone to the way it was fresh out of the box... but unlocked.

1) If you've already used your diamond, you should do a Hard Reset before continuing (see below).
    2) Download and install Activesync (XP) or MWMDC (Vista).
    3) Ensure that you have .NET Framework 3.5 (Will be in add/remove software).
    4) Connect your Diamond to your PC via the USBmini cable.
    5) After a few seconds Activesync will pop up and start the Setup Wizard, IGNORE THIS.
    6) Download Diamond Unlocker.rar
    7) Open the Diamond Unlocker.rar and drag the Diamond Unlocker FOLDER to your desktop.
    8) Run Diamond Unlocker.exe located in the folder.
    9) Your phone may or may not ask you if you want to run "EnterBootloader.exe",if it does, click Yes.
    10) You have to click Next a bunch of times on your PC in the Rom Update Utility.
    11) Your phone will goto a tri-colour screen and should say SSPL0.43.CMONEX at the top. SSPL
    12) The phone will restart again and is now Unlocked!
    13) You can check that it is Unlocked by entering the Bootloader (Power+VolumeDown and hold down Reset)

Hard Resetting Your Phone:

Hard Resetting your phone will delete all information on the main storage of the phone, reverting your phone to the initial settings of whatever ROM you are running.
    If I already had MetroPCS flash phone, would I still start from this point of unlocking my phone? Or do I need to start at a different section in the tutorial?

Deidre

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    if you want just web and mms skip down to the web and mms. also this tutorial will not work for the touch pro the unlocker and ruu are different..

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    if you want just web and mms skip down to the web and mms. also this tutorial will not work for the touch pro the unlocker and ruu are different..
    Well, I have a HTC Touch Pro. I already have voice and text. I want to add MMS and internet. Isnt that the only things left I need to add? Which tutorial should I use for that? Someone said diamond tutorial would work.

Deidre

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    the diamond tutorial will work for web and mms just skip the first part and pay close attention to the web and mms parts of the tutorial

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    the diamond tutorial will work for web and mms just skip the first part and pay close attention to the web and mms parts of the tutorial
    Are there other things I should be adding? You have me worried now :-)

Deidre

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    just the dummy file htc_guardian file is it... just add it to the \windows directory of your phone and rename the iota files like the tutorial says and you'll be ok.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    just the dummy file htc_guardian file is it... just add it to the \windows directory of your phone and rename the iota files like the tutorial says and you'll be ok.
    I do not see the IOTA folder? I googled and someone said that it might already be gone because of Metro flashing my phone but I wanted to double check that I dont need to continue looking for this folder.

Also, I do not see the HTC_CM_Guardian shortcut to delete.

I do not see a Windows directory either. I am getting worried. I know a tiny bit about phones - but I dont see any of these things.

Deidre
    Last edited by tigreyez; 06-27-2009 at 10:23 PM. Reason: adding text to reply

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    you do not delete it you simply copy the dummy file to your phone. and if its a sprint touch pro it has iota files on the phone.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    you do not delete it you simply copy the dummy file to your phone. and if its a sprint touch pro it has iota files on the phone.
    I have went through every folder and file on the phone. No IOTA folder, no Windows directory and nothing about HTC_CM_Guardian.

Sorry to be a bother but I do not see any of these.

Deidre

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    then just skip that and go about the programming of the phone.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    then just skip that and go about the programming of the phone.
    Then how will I place the dummy file into the Windows directory if there isnt one on the phone?

Deidre

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast